The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Grey Diaries, A View Into the Militia [Grey Militia]
(This thread is open to any and all Grey Militia characters! Not just my own. I -strongly- encourage that our members use this as our diary area---anything can go here!)

Rensin's Log-

It's been a while since Liselle had her ordeal. I really feel bad for the poor thing, as she's really got nowhere to go. I've tried to give her a place to stay with me... but she seems so mistrustful of everyone and everything. Really, I can't blame her... it's hard though for me, as I do have some feelings there. She's pretty, young, smart, and sweet, so it's hard for me to NOT like her. She's really the kind of girl I'd like to bring home to mom, and say, "Hey, mom! Look! Isn't she wonderful?" Sadly, I don't think that can happen. She's very angry at all men, I can tell. She even told off Antione for being confused about the Kate situation...

I hope I can help her. She didn't deserve what happened. That bastard Xavier betrayed not only her, but his whole guild. If he shows his face around here again, he'd better protect his OTHER eye.

Antione's Diary-

Dear Diary,

Where the hell do I start? It's been so long since I've seen Katey, that I don't know what to do. I've tried waiting for her, but the hard part about it all is that our last meeting wasn't so nice. Part of me says she's never coming back... and that's why I got friendlier with the OTHER Kate. I haven't done anything there yet---hell, we aren't even really seeing each other, or have kissed or anything... but the temptation is there. I know though, that if Kate comes back, that would break her heart.

Liselle told me that... I'm terrible. I'm beginning to think that, and have started to loath myself. Am I really so fickle that I couldn't wait for Kate, and trust that we'd make things better? I love Kate, I really do, but I don't know. It's so confusing.

Maybe I should search for mother's ring and just wait for her. I think when she comes back, I'll have a surprise...
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Drayke's Journal-

Well, I've landed a job. This time with a bunch of people who aren't arseholes. That's nice. I'm not too clear on all this Xavier stuff, and to be honest, it's a bit confusing. Though from what I've heard I'll gladly shove a boot up his arse if he shows his face. Haven't seen Kate in a while, either. Though that doesn't worry me too much. She can handle herself... I think.
Nice to see her and Antione, uh... Getting along, I suppose. Warms the cockles of my heart. He seemed so traumatized after what Smyth did to her. I can tell that he really cares about her. He even bought her a kitten!

That Dalikan bloke wants to hire the Greys to join him in the Twilight Highlands, too. I'm not sure how I feel about that, really. The money would be nice, sure, but... Going to war. Guess it was going to happen sooner or later. Not that I even know if we're doing it yet, but still. I'd hoped to stay as far away from the war as I could. Then again, I didn't think I'd end up killing people for a living, either.

[Image: USYWXqZ.gif]
Liselle's Musings

Dearest Diary,

Time seems to be passing very slowly for me. Each day, I think everyone expects to see improvement in my demeanor, but I am still very sad. I don't want to be sad, I really don't. I wish I could just snap out of it and move on with my life...but I feel empty. Not the kind of emptiness that you feel when you skip a meal, but more like the kind when you lose all of your will to go forward. It happened quite often in Northrend, I remember. And not just to me. We all felt it. It would be too cold, and besides being chilled to the bone...we were filled with this intense lethargy that made it impossible to do anything besides sit around in the darkness as we contemplated the meaning of everything we were fighting for.

That is what I'm feeling now, despite how kind Mr. Redjaw and these new Militia Recruits have been. I wish I could find a way to repay them, besides giving them the leftover funds I saved up, but I barely want to get out of bed now. Sir Goldleaf tried to help me find my purpose again too, but I keep fading in and out. If I could find the energy, I'd like to find the old recruits if I could. I miss Surthak, Jovana, Mundo...Smyth...and the others.

Forgive me, diary. I am not as strong as I had hoped. I am not disciplined enough to shut out the agony of heartache. No matter how many of the others are around, I still feel...well, alone. It almost seems childish to say, and yet those are the only words I can find.

I miss Xavier, and I don't want to admit that he's gone. I don't understand his reasons, I don't understand how he can throw away the life that we were trying to build together. And I don't even want to understand. It is incredibly stupid; incredibly...insane, even! I just...don't even want to write anymore, diary. Even this feels pointless. I won't want to remember these feelings tomorrow. Or the next day, or the day after that...

I just don't understand...

Killer Kate's Logs

It has been several months on the open seas now. I can't believe I never did this before. I'll admit it was kind of a drunken whim after all that funny business went down with the Cataclysm, which I still don't really understand, but goddamn this is fun! Each morning before the crack of dawn I get to wake up and feel the wind on my face. That salty ocean breeze! Hah!

I bet Smyth would be laughing his ass off if he could see me now, but at least I could talk about boats with him. I love boats. In fact, I never want to get off of this boat if I can help it. Although, if I don't get off this ship...I won't be able to carry out my plan of shoving Jovana into a little crate and making her come along with me.

I also have to stop by and check on Liselle and Xavier, see how things are going there. I'm sure Liselle is worried that I haven't really been in touch. And Xavier's probably furious that I got drunk and went out to sea, but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do, you know? Antione is probably still being a broody little b***h...and...hmm, who else do I hate besides Smyth? Well, we'll get back to that later.

That reminds me, I have been tracking this huge shark for the past week...and I need to make a note how much the meat and teeth might sell for next time I make it to a port. Kids love those teeth, so I hear. They put them on necklaces and all sorts of doofy looking things. Anyway, I need to get going, somebody forgot to swab the deck...so I get to go yell. Until next time.
[Image: Lirshar_zpscaa814f0.png]
Kate's Diary

Dear Diary, I've been really busy lately with all that's been happening. The Greys have recently told me that there was another person named Kate who worked with them and she sounds like she was very important to Antione. I hope he doesn't feel too bad about getting closer to me if she ever comes back.
My chest is still in a lot of pain after that duel with Smyth, but it's not as bad as what Aaron did back when I was with Whiteshore. The doc who patched me up told me that the buckshot didn't pierce anything vital like my heart which is a good thing because I'm not going to die now.
*There is a large paw mark on the page*
Ugh. Corvus just walked across the page. He's the little kitten that Antione brought for me in Winterspring and he follows me EVERYWHERE! He's so adorable, Corvus that is. He's the best present I ever got, even better than my first bow!

...I had the nightmare again last night. The same one I've been having ever since I got out of that terrible cave. I dream that I'm stuck in a dark place, underground and I can't breathe and I always feel starving. The darkness creeps in closer and closer until it suffocates me and I wake up, screaming my lungs out and sweating like crazy. I woke Antione up again but he says he doesn't mind it even though I can tell my midnight screaming bothers him.
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
Kuzz's Diary -

"Oh, my dearest diary!
It's only been a few days since that man caught my eye in that tavern in Booty Bay. The tabard still itches a little, I think it may have some fleas!
But I digress. I haven't tried to sell anything to these...'Grey Militia', but I bet once they see my goods, they won't be able to keep their hands off!"
*There is a large spot of ink on the page. Many scribbles surround it.*
"Of course I'd tip the inkwell! I've really got to stop rubbing my hands together in greedy habit..
They seem a good bunch. But that man mentioned fighting...I'm not sure how much I'll be doing of that! But he also said the pay is good...oh, yes...good pay."
*There is another large ink spot.*
"Note to self, move inkwell. For now, diary, I go travel. I've got money to make!"
*There is -another- ink blot. Many vulgar, descriptive curses line the page underneath.*
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]
Vaguillon's Ledger

All goods have been checked, balanced, registered and put bed. And I still need a glass of wine to wash down all these memories.

I will order a few doses of blackwind aether and see if that can help clear my head. Maybe Miss Dove will like some. She is a white lady though - I will have to coax her.

Bossman Redjaw is his usual self. I wonder what drug can make him howl. But my curiosity better be kept in check.
I hope he doesn't scorn me for spending all my wages on my entertainment.
*there is a smudge of cherry lipstick*

I did however meet a peculiar fellow today and he is snooping around Undermine for someone. He has stakes under his coat, I saw them. Kinda creepy, swigging on that flask and smoking those ashwood cigars. The hat was nice though.
He said something about "Halzanithir", I wonder if that is some substance or something. I should look it up.

I am looking for all the goods we need for the party. Maybe then I can notch another tally on the scoreboard for how often I am right. These cats and dogs need some serious circle time. I may see if I can pencil in some for those that are around base.

Maybe another glass of Quel'sar Gold mixed with Alteracan Vinae before bed. That should chill the nerves.
[Image: lich_king_signature_by_wyrx-d3jo9rm.png]
Kuzz's Diary-

Wow. What a day. Where do I start?

I awoke, and couldn't remember where I was or how I got there...according to an elf, I was toking heavy on something called Kraken Gold...and it fits to Kuzz Grenn, and I was given my first nickname. KG.

From there, everything erupted into drinking, having a good time. A shadow...ghost..thingy..showed up in the Undermine, and it spooked all of us. To put it simple, Rensin, Derek, and Myself are never going to want to drink together again. Ever. I dare you, Diary. Ask wolfie about it.

Then the Undermine got crowded with all sorts of people. I think people were starting a fight, but I was busy selling a grenade launcher to a pretty sexy little goblin. She gave me my second nickname, K-man. I love it.

I gave her a massive discount to spend the night with me.

Wow. She took part in a few of my 'special' goods, as did I, and that's why I cannot sleep. Currently writing in this diary from my bedside, that very same little miss goblin snoring away sweetly next to me in bed. Once again, and I emphasize. Wow.

These Grey Militia folk...they're the type to enjoy the party. We haven't done anything but hang out, pick fun, and party. Best choice I've ever made. These guys are proving to be much more than customers with coin. They're...kind of like a family. If you consider this dysfunctional mess a family.
And I'm pretty sure we've all got the dumbs.

Anyways, I can hear the missy rolling around, I may as well put the light out and join her in some sleep. Maybe I should learn her name tomorrow when she wakes up...because...
Wow.

Nighty nigh, Diary. Don't you spill my secrets.
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]
Rensin's Log-

Everything is scribbled down very hastily, and in larger print than before.

Everything is covered in freakin' vomit. Is this how the Grey Militia always acts, or is this because of the berks I recently got in? I remember us floating around at one point hitting the ceiling because of that ---word scribbled, starts with an F and looks like duck, maybe---ing undead. Then she came back naked. NAKED. I've seen some shit, but this is something you cannot unsee. I've never wanted to bath my head in lava till today. It was like looking at a rotting egg that was hanging from a nail. Eugh.

She also tricked me into kissing her. Cannot stop thinking about teeth now. Just teeth. Lipless-ass-teeth. Gross.

Also, if I have to see Kuzz's green bean and peas again I'm going to go on an all meat diet. That guy hits on everything with a pair of tits. Guess I can't blame him, we've got some lookers in the guild...

Liselle wasn't doing too good yesterday. I feel bad for her. Good news is that Killer is coming back, that perked up Tony somewhat. That's good, I like him better when he's NOT being a little b***h.

Smyth is trying to set up some treasure huntin' with me for next week. Well, more like stealing stuff from Trolls, but, since it's not outright violence against the Horde, it's okay. These aren't Horde Trolls, I think.

OH. And the guy with the muzzle. Lyle...Kyle...Chris? Whatever his name is. If he provides us with the figure he quoted---16k smackers? Ungh. We'll be set. We might even be able to buy a keep with turrets that shoot golden cannoballs and white wine. Wouldn't that be fancy?

Antione's Diary-

Dear Diary,

Katey's coming back! I'm so very excited. Nervous too. Feel a little like puking, but that's because I know she's going to punch me in the gut. It's okay though, I'm... just going to take it slow. Liselle said to not jar her with information and other shit, so... I'll hold on to mom's ring for now. I still love her, but it's been so long, that relationship needs to bud again. If she'll go that route with me. I hope she does, I missed her and the way she sneers at me, while waving her gun. So adorable.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Kate's Diary

"Can you believe it! Some cockheads tried to take Corvus! This rotting zombie, a gnome and a Goblin tried to buy him from me like it was a bloody auction. Then when I told them he wasn't for sale, they threatened to attack me! Good thing Drayke, Rensin, Malorida and Lyle were there to help scare them off. Just when we think they're gone, the Gnome throws a bloody grenade! It was a dud though so noone was hurt. I really need to take better care of Corvus.

Hopefully my new armor pieces will arrive soon because then I'll be happy that I can protect myself again instead of trying to challenge someone while wearing a T-Shirt and pants.

I haven't seen Antione in a while and I wonder how he's doing. I hope he hasn't gotten himself into any trouble.

The nightmares are still happening and I don't know why they are. It's been ages since the cave but I wake up every night, screaming. At least I haven't been waking anyone up. Well, I hope I haven't.

I think I need to make friends who are other girls because hanging around guys all the time seems to be making be a bit more brutish. What sort of things do normal girls do with their time? I'm sure they don't stab people or shoot things, and they probably wear dresses instead of armor. Blech, I hate dresses. They're so impractial. And shopping, that's so boring! How can someone enjoy walking around a market endlessly and looking at different clothes? I don't understand girls. But I guess it might be a new experience and those are good, right?

Well, Corvus is getting restless and I better go feed him."
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:

Vaguillon's Ledger

*drops of wine are on the page, a smudge of some powder here, a drop of blood there.*

Excuse the nosebleed, this entry abruptly begins right after some brawl broke out. I being the genius I am, forgot that I should of moved before the goblin was thrown into my face.

I received notice from Silvermoon that some heirlooms from my family were found, I sold them off to the collectors. My father was such a pack rat. I did keep a few things though, special things that I may have use of. Since I am the last man standing in my house, I inherit all that can be salvaged. Which, isn't much.

I did make note though, an Alteracan man has a good price on Arathi Red.

Hopefully she will stop writing me letters. Last thing I need is a memory prancing in here, demanding something from me. Is it bad if I don't read them? They are stacked in a bundle in the fifth wardrobe. If I dare I had better have a pipe of northern icebloom, because I can feel my heart skipping beats thinking about what horrible dreams, thoughts and -cares- of all things may be in those little scraps of paper.

Tonight I am meeting with the girls again in The Kraken's Fall Nightclub. Can't wait.
Kate's Diary.

Holy crap, last night was so much fun! First I was in the Grim Guzzler with Drayke and I had one drink and then this girl comes in who looks no older than a teenager and innocent as a baby. She says she wound up in Undermine because some Gnome let her try a teleporter out when she was trying to get away from some abbot guy. She looked like a novice priestess but she said she wanted to fight things so me and this Forsaken chick offered to help her train but she was flat-out tired so I let her take a nap in my room. When we got there I found this Goblin and some elf in my room, smoking a joint and I had to kick them out. So then the Forsaken chick wants to duel me so I go along with it and the Goblin follows me to the arena and offers me some of the stuff he and the elf had and I said maybe after the match.
So me and the zombie girl fight and I beat the snot out of her, but I think I clocked her in the head too hard because she seemed a little off after the fight. The Goblin congratulated me by showing me how to smoke this pipe thing with leaves in it and I offered him some of my private reserve of Snowplum Brandy. So I sat there in the dining room getting high on this really sweet leaf with a Goblin. After a few puffs my head felt rreeeeaaaallly foggy and everything felt really weird and I cant' remember much but everything seemed to have been really funny because I felt myself laughing a lot. Kuzz, the Goblin, helped me get over to the Grim Guzzler again without falling into the lava. I don't remember any of this but Drayke told me that I sat on the floor asking him for his hat and putting socks on my hands and using them as puppets. Gods, I hope I wasn't too embarrassing.

As my head started to clear, this knight-looking guy walks in and talks to Sorrowfang, saying he had a message from Mister Black, who I know is Tavren Whiteshore. So I would have clocked the guy if I had been fully aware but the conversation ended without bloodshed which is good I guess. So I somehow ended up taking shots with this Whiteshore Knight and he could barely hold his liquor so I headed back to my room after finding my shoes (that Drayke stole) and ended up finishing my bottle of Snowplum with Kuzz and he let me borrow his smoking pipe and hooked me up with heaps of those leaves for free.

I decided to have a puff before bed just to relax me, and last night I didn't have the nightmore. I woke up this morning and felt really refreshed. I need to take this stuff more often because it feels so great!
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:

In the fire of an inn, lays Antione's diary. Smoldering.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Vaguillon's Ledger

Well, all is good. All members are able to come and go procuring the goods I offer to them. Everything they need from hot body wax to a smooth haze to kill the pain.
One slight issue though.

I have decided to against my better judgement, in a drunken act of curiosity, opened the first letter of the stack.
It is folded and placed in with the entry.
Spoiler:
My dearest Vaguillon.
Your family's losses will not be swept under the rug. But I do not believe you should go with Lord Sunstrider. Stay here and help me with the city, both our families lost their fortunes in the destruction. Please stay with me and we can make things better. At least consider it.
My heart goes out to you,
Zethia

Who knows if she was right, I sure as hell don't know. I don't care anymore, it isn't like caring would help anyway. I have a date with the girls again tonight though, so that should brighten the mood.
Drayke's Journal-

Kuzz brings the party. I learnt that after non-consensually partaking of some of his... Smokeables. I couldn't stop laughing for about twenty minutes. The whole room was full of smoke by the time he was done. He managed to recruit somebody, as well. A Sin'dorei. Can't remember her name too well, though. Felicia, I think it was? New members are always nice.

Met with Sorrow and Elles again. They're doing well, at least I hope. Sorrow's going to be a dad, too! Had an interesting encounter with somebody who knows Tavren, though. I'll need to keep an eye out for these "Chevaliers" in future...

I think Kuzz got Kate hooked on whatever it is he's smoking. She was pretty out of it. All in all, however, was good fun. Plus, he let me use his tab. Silly of him. Those coconut drinks with the umbrellas are very tasty. And very expensive...

[Image: USYWXqZ.gif]
Kate;s Diary
*There are marks on the page such as dirt, green marks and some wet patches*
I don't know what to do anymore. Today seemed like it was going to be a good day but then it all turned to shit. We were hired to bring some cargo from Gadgetzan to Everlook via caravan. The crew was me, Drayke, Antione with Malorida tagging along as well as a Worgen girl we picked up named Raquel. I also brought Kathleen, the runaway girl along. It was all good and fine during the transporting even when we had to sneak through Horde lands. The boring parts of the road were livened up by Malo, Drayke and Kathleen singing for us and Drayke played his loot. When we made a stop at Theramore Isle is Dustwallow Marsh, I smoked some of the leaves because I needed to unwind and I was pretty out of the the next few legs but I was able to hold myself more than last time. I needed to unwind because Antione confronted me in private about how he felt and I had to reveal that I read his diary and saw what he was planning to do when Katie got back. He was pretty mopey and pouty for the part of the trip that I was out of it for.

The travels went without a hitch until we got to Astranaar, a Night Elf village in Ashenvale where Antione said some pretty venomous things to me and I told him that ... *There is a big wet spot on the page* I didn't want him around anymore and that it was the best for him not to be around me for a long time and he stormed off and Drayke followed him. Drayke came back a few minutes later with Antione's tabard, I knew what that meant.

We continued on, minus Antione and noone felt like talking until we stumbled past a Draenei man who revealed himself to be Malo's father who she though was dead. His appearance made everyone forget about my petty issue and gave them something to be happy about. I have to admit it drew a tear from me seeing Malo so happy.

We're currently camped at a Druid encampment in Felwood and it smells bad here but I need to get some sleep. If only I can put Antione out of my mind and get some rest.
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grey Militia - Kate takes care of business MstrCorvus 0 669 08-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Last Post: MstrCorvus
  A break in Harmony, Message to the Grey Harmonic 0 639 08-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Harmonic