The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Grey Militia - Kate takes care of business
This is a story about how Kate got some information about Gadzgear's location.

“Get a move on!” bellowed the man behind me, accompanying it with a sharp shove forward into my shoulder.

“Yeah, I’m going.” I said as I stumbled forward and began to shuffle down the hallway with my wrists in chains.

I looked up around the hallway and saw that there were numerous paintings of scantily-clad Goblin females along the walls. I almost retched at the sighs of the hand-painted pasty green women. The floor beneath my bare feet was made out of what felt like metal grates laid one over the other and there was steam exuding from the walls around me. I sighed and the loose cloth rags I had on me shook. Bastards had taken my weapons and my armour when they had caught me lurking outside the facility.

I had been scoping out a cog manufacturing facility that belonged to the Gadzgear Corporation, the worst enemies of the Grey. I tried to sneak in through the roof but the catwalk above the factory floor wasn’t as stable as I had believed (Goblins, who knew right?) and I fell onto a conveyor belt to be surrounded by soldiers holding guns to my head. Not my most graceful entrance but it did work, in a way. Not I have a one-way ticket to the head of the facility.

I narrowed my eyes as we approached a heavy steel door set into the end of the hallway. The guard in front of me opened the door while the one behind me prodded my spine with the end of his musket. I shuffled into a spacious office that had everything a tiny titan could want. There was the same type of paintings on the walls in here as in the hallway, along with large bird-cages hanging from the ceiling that had Goblin women wearing almost nothing bar pieces of string inside, dancing. I had to force the bile in my throat back down as I stepped onto the soft rug that covered the center of the room and stood in front of the large oak desk, looking at the back of a large leather chair.

“Well hello there, Grey.” The chair spun around to reveal a Goblin man wearing a white dinner suit with a large coffee stain on the chest, a small rose sitting out of his chest pocket. His face was your standard Goblin look, with the long nose that had four rings in it and he was wearing a cheap monocle over one eye. He grinned disgustingly, exposing two rows of yellow teeth and he pulled a cigar out of his mouth, blowing a puff of smoke in my direction.

I blew smoke out of my face. “Sup.” I stared him down and kept a straight face, trying not to gag at his appearance.

“What brings a member of your scummy organisation, if it can be called that, to my humble factory?”

“Well, the reason I’m in your little shithole of a factory is because you,” I said as I stared him down, “are doing to tell me where I can find Gadzgear.”

The small green thing began to cackle and he coughed up some smoke. “Why would I tell –you- where the boss is hiding?” He waved his cigar in my direction.

“Because, if you don’t, I’m going to kill all of your men, destroy your factory and make you suffer until you tell me.” I gave a smile laced with venom.

“Oh hoh ho, and how exactly do you plan to do that?” He gestured to the chain around my wrists. “Here’s what is really going to happen. My boys are going to have their way with you, and then I’ll slit your throat and send your defiled carcass back to Redjaw.” He grinned and popped his cigar in his mouth.

“Now see, that doesn’t really suit me. I like my plan better,” I grabbed the forearms of the human male behinds me and flipped myself over him, wrapping my legs around his neck and twisting, hearing a crunching sound as his spine snapped and I drove him to the ground with my waist. I landed on my feet and grabbed my dagger that he had tucked into the back of his belt and held it in front of me as a Goblin with a large spiky wrench ran at me. He swung the large blunt object at my knees and I hopped up on the spot, landing on top of the head and diving forward, thrusting both my arms out and put my dagger into his throat, the curving blade piercing his trachea and making him gag as blood spurted out of his mouth. I withdrew the dagger and spun as a human man levelled a rifle at me and fired. I dove under the blast and sprinted forward in a crouch, bringing my dagger up to jam under his chin and the tip poked out of the bridge of his nose. He fell down when I let go of the knife and I turned to the Goblin.

“Woah there, I think we can work something out doll,” He stammered as he held his hands up, inclining surrender.
I stepped towards him and held my arms out. “Give me the key.” He tossed a small object across the room and I caught it. I opened my hand and looked down at it. There was a small iron key in the palm of my hand. I twisted it around and undid the locks on my wrists, not daring to take my eyes off the Goblin. After a few seconds of working the lock, the chains dropped to the ground and I rubbed my wrists.

“See? Now I let you go so we can work out a deal, right doll?” He was trying to be demanding but looked and sounded very nervous. I walked up to the desk and sat on the edge, putting a hand on his ear. I smiled at him pleasantly.

“Sure babe.”

He grinned and my face turned from a smile to a scowl and I dug my fingers into the rough hair at the back of his head and drove his head forward, slamming his ugly face into the table. I yanked his hair back and he was crying out in pain as I wrenched him upright again.

“Okay, now you tell me where your boss is hiding or I’ll make sure you never screw another Goblin whore in your life.” I curled my lip and almost snarled.

“Alright, I’ll rat the boss man out for you.” He whimpered and one of his teeth fell out onto the table in pieces. He reached into his top drawer and held a piece of paper out with a shaking hand. I took the paper and unfolded it with one hand, the other still on the back of his head. My eyes scoured over the words written there and I grinned with a savage delight. I look him in the eyes and smiled.

“Thanks for that.” I spat in his face and twisted my wrist, slamming his face into the desk again, this time knocking him unconscious. I looked around the room through cabinets. I managed to retrieve my swords, bow and armor from the various goons who had been holding them and I wove my way back through the hallways and passages until I reached the catwalk I had landed in on. The skylight that I had jumped through was still open and I leapt for it, grabbing the rim and scrabbling out through it into the night.
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Grey Diaries, A View Into the Militia [Grey Militia] Harmonic 46 6,407 09-08-2013, 10:43 PM
Last Post: MstrCorvus
  A break in Harmony, Message to the Grey Harmonic 0 639 08-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Harmonic
  One shot is all it takes Roxas65 2 867 10-31-2010, 04:32 AM
Last Post: Roxas65
  Who Gave Kate a Journal? Terrible Idea. ChampionMouse 3 899 10-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Last Post: ChampionMouse