The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

[Loxmardin]'s Weekly Updates
Hey there! This thread is going to be mostly for my own benefit, I imagine. I know that I have been a bit absent of late, what with the holiday season and struggling to get back in-game as much as I used to. I haven't really roleplayed in a long time, particularly not with the rest of the community here on CoTH. I hope to change that and put myself out there more, and revert back to the type of activity I had in the past.

... One step towards that is to start with weekly updates. More as a reminder to myself what I was planning on doing, and giving myself a few goals every week that I strive towards fulfilling. It's fine if I don't manage all of them, but it would be nice if I could. As long as I have the reminder here for myself, I have something to strive towards. Putting it where everyone can see, too, should act as a good motivator for me, and it might be pretty neat to let the community share in my plans and know that the cogs are still turning, so to speak.

So, here's how the weekly updates are going to work.

First, I post every week saying what I did last week, and then what I plan on doing in the week to come. If possible, I also post up some of what I've produced, 'cause I like feedback. Seeing as I didn't have the system in place last week, though, I won't be posting about what I did last week. ... There wouldn't be much to tell, anyway. ;) Let's start small, I guess.

Plans for this week
  • Finalize event planning and make an event post.
  • Start tinkering a bit on guild concepts for the Gladiator guild I mentioned ages back. (Ideally, post up for community feedback.)
  • Make a CMC application for a potential future storyline, and make a rough draft for event ideas for this storyline.
  • Make an "event/storyline ideas" deposit in the GM forums, for my own ideas.
Okay, last week might have been something of a failure as far as keeping up with personal goals goes.

But, here we go. I did manage to do some things (beyond GM stuff on the side).

Last week's goals
  • Finalize event planning and make an event post. [Started; didn't finish]
  • Start tinkering a bit on guild concepts for the Gladiator guild I mentioned ages back. (Ideally, post up for community feedback.) [Post-poning this]
  • Make a CMC application for a potential future storyline, and make a rough draft for event ideas for this storyline. (Only thing I actually did! CMC application.)
  • Make an "event/storyline ideas" deposit in the GM forums, for my own ideas. [Later!]

Other things I accomplished
  • Started taking control of the Mentor System, made a subforum for it (invisible to all but staff and Mentors) and updated all lists of current Mentors and assigned Peons.
  • Figured out how to make announcements and made one in the Player Reports forum.
  • Prettyfied and updated the GM page on the Wiki.

This week's goals
  • Continue event planning, as I did start planning last week but couldn't finalize it yet.
  • Make a poll/discussion about event rewards.
  • Talk to folks about things. (Deliberately vague. Deal with it. Just a personal reminder.)
  • Make a wishlist for workshop topics and set the date for the first workshop.
  • Also set a schedule for or at least set a date for a Mentors+Charges meeting.
  • Start noting down inactive Guild Subforums in a list. January's a screening month, after all.
Well, I didn't finish all of them this week either. And I'm also late with the update. I can live with that, though.

Last week's goals
  • Continue event planning, as I did start planning last week but couldn't finalize it yet. [Hah! Nope.]
  • Make a poll/discussion about event rewards. [Done.]
  • Talk to folks about things. (Deliberately vague. Deal with it. Just a personal reminder.) [Done.]
  • Make a wishlist for workshop topics and set the date for the first workshop. [Date pending!]
  • Also set a schedule for or at least set a date for a Mentors+Charges meeting. [Date pending.]
  • Start noting down inactive Guild Subforums in a list. January's a screening month, after all. [List in progress.]

I would like to put a box here for other things I achieved.

But I can't remember. :|

This week's goals
  • Try to set dates for the mentor meeting as well as the first Workshop.
  • Continue the guild subforum list for inactive guilds.
  • Keep trying to finalize event planning, since I want to be able to get the event post out ASAP.
  • Look into writing up at least one Community Series post from the list of suggested topics.
  • See if I can resurrect my Adventure Hour idea.
@Ural reminded me. :( Sorry for not keeping up on this. Bah. I thought for sure my internet would be out last weekend, but that didn't happen. Oh well.

Goals from way back
  • Try to set dates for the mentor meeting as well as the first Workshop. [Failed! Try again later!]
  • Continue the guild subforum list for inactive guilds. (See this thread.)
  • Keep trying to finalize event planning, since I want to be able to get the event post out ASAP. [Scrapped! Post-poned to make room for another event!]
  • Look into writing up at least one Community Series post from the list of suggested topics. [Later!]
  • See if I can resurrect my Adventure Hour idea. [...Later!]

Other things I did!
  • Tried to stay on top of the Mentor Program and assign Peons around.
  • The CotH-aluation project. Yes, I'm looking at all of you. I still want feedback.
  • Pressured people on Skype for responses to the CotH-aluation topics, on the staff, the community, the server, and player/staff communications.
  • Also did similar things staff-side.
  • Helped with the forum revisions and played around with the ACP.
  • Retired inactive Guild Subforums and bumped the submission template.
  • Promoted two Trials to Full GMs.
  • Learned how to make CMCs, and helped create/approve some.
  • Decided to run another Kidnapped event.
  • Did some planning for said Kidnapped event, including location decoration and... selection.

Goals for next week
  • Make an event post for Kidnapped!
  • Write a pair of things for development. Deliberately vague.
  • ... Get some RP? Maybe? I don't know? Probably not?
  • Write a character profile.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Loxmardin Ponders: The Immortal Races and Immortality Loxmardin 17 4,022 07-19-2013, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Xigo
  Loxmardin Laments: Server Rules & Suffocation Loxmardin 33 6,584 10-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Xigo