The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Server Introduction: Animgator
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Hi there!

I'm a 20-something gamer who's been involved in games since I was old enough to hold a controller. In terms of gamer-archetypes, I'd class myself as a co-op nut. I don't get many kicks beating someone one-on-one, I much prefer to fight alongside friends and overcome challenges. Which, in part, is why I enjoy MMO's so much.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I was born and raised in Canada but am currently living in the UK. English is my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I;ve always been a huge fan of fantasy for as long as I can remember. When I was 14, a friend of mine mentioned that he played WoW. I hadn't really heard much about it (having only been a console gamer up to that point) but it sounded fun. He then let me create my first character and play on his computer for a couple hours where I was instantly hooked. However, shortly after, my family and I moved to the UK. Having started a new chapter in my life, I didn't start playing wow properly until I was 15. It was also around this time where I began playing warcraft 3, reading the warcraft novels, and starting to roleplay.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I was looking for a private server that was mainly focused on roleplay, but didn't treat it like a concentration camp. Unfortunately, you seem to come across a lot of servers that take role playing too seriously. I think a lot of people fail to realise that Warcraft has a great sense of humour, and tend to treat RP like its an obligation, rather than an opportunity for creativity and fun.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy RP in mid-sized groups. Specifically, roleplaying through dungeons. Blizzard has a fairly robust encounter design team and some of the older dungeons have a real 'classic fantasy' look and feel to them which, I think, are just a blast to role play in.

Having said that, I've also engaged in more intimate role play events where its just 3-5 of us in a tavern, talking and sharing stories and those can be great too.

For me its not so much what I'd like to do the most, it's more about what event/setting best suites those involved.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I've gone through phases of really loving Dwarves, Gnomes, Pandaren and other races, however - I think if I were to narrow it down, it'd have to be Humans for Alliance and Orcs for Horde. Like I said, I'm a huge fantasy fan so that classic match up is just too perfect. I especially like the Blizzard take on Orcs, both in terms of aesthetic, back story and culture.

In terms of class, again, I struggle to favour just one. The sword and shield warrior is a great, well-rounded character. However I have a soft spot for mages. If I could create my own class, It would be a spellsword-type class.

What are your expectations of this server?:

To be honest, I just want to meet some like-minded people who enjoy a good role play session once-in-a-while. I'm not here to start a grand conquest of back story, history and lore - I got bills to pay!

If accepted to the server, my intention is to create a character, find some people who I can get along with and have some fun slaying monsters. Isn't that what it's all about?

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Humility and Tolerance. While I think my reasons as to WHY I find those so appealing should be self-explanatory, I'll go into a little more detail:

I've been roleplaying both inside and outside of WoW for about 8 years. The best, most creative, fun and interesting role play interactions I've had were with people who could: A.) Take a joke B.) Could share the spotlight and C.) Were accepting of other ideas and personalities.

While the other rules and regulations are equally as important, Tolerance and Humility are among my personal virtues that I try to exemplify the most.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):

I was not aware, no. While I'm by no means new to WoW or roleplay, It wouldn't hurt to possibly have someone point me towards some well-respected guilds or players. Yes, sign me up.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

"You're wasting your time"

A pile of red soil slowly increases in size as spade after spade of dirt is thrown from a pit. A dark-haired figure with a map is visible silhouetted against the setting sun.

"You're wasting your time"

The dark-haired figure lowers the map from his eye line and peers into the pit where another man, caked in dirt, shovels soil with gritted teeth.

"You're wasting your ti-"

" 'ey 'eard ye th'first time, dammit!" the man called from the pit.

"I'm telling you, we're in the wrong place! We should be closer to the shore." replied the dark haired man, turning the map upside down and staring at it blankly.

"You led us here! An' Im no' leavin' till we get summit!" cried the voice from the pit, more dirt being thrown with each sentence.

The two pirates continued to bicker as the sun continued to descend into the horizon. The sky was a blood-soaked orange when, finally, fatigue and deflated spirits took the better of them, and they decided to make for the coast.

" 'ey cant believe ye dragged me from Booty Bay fer this!" exclaimed the dirt-covered pirate, wielding his worn shovel over his shoulder.

"Well how was I supposed to know the map was a fake!? You believed it just as I did!" retorted the dark-haired man, one hand resting on his rapier, the other scrunching up the worthless parchment.

The dusty pirate spat and let out a grumble of defeated misery.

"When we ge' back t'ship - Imma take this shovel and stick it spade-first up yer miserable -"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"They grow bolder" A low, growling voice spoke, deep and soft like that of a purring beast.

"They're travelling closer than ever, greed in their eyes and killing any who they think might prevent them from gaining their precious gold"

The voice continued to speak, squeezing a meaty green fist around the hilt of a large axe.

"The greed of Men is not news to us, Bornak" a second voice spoke, higher in pitch and more velvety.

"Greed is one thing, killing our people in their Raids is another. Honorless. Rats. Worms. You're too forgiving, Mag'ra"

A pale set of blues eyes peered from the female orc to her partner. Her brown skin and fairer form a stark contrast to his.

"They are not all like those who arrive on black sailed ships, Bornak"

The Green-skinned orc let out a disbelieving snort.

"I have no interest in the humans. I merely wish to confront those who would harm us...and separate their heads from their shoulders" He replied, raising his axe.

Mag'ra tilted her head and smiled. Raising a hand an placing it against the green orcs chest.

"Be careful. Aka'Magosh"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"-Oh really?! Well we'll see what the captain thinks about that, you fat-headed bowl of troll spit"

The two men were making their way to the shore, a great, black-sailed ship was visible on the horizon, the swollen fading sun half-submerged in the great sea - sending shards of red light dancing across the ocean.

"Oi! ey' outta carve ye a new gullet ye' gret stinkin'...ORC!"

As the dark-haired pirate turned, he was met with the sight of a great, green-skinned warrior sailing through the air, eyes aflame and crested-axe held above his head.

With a quick roll, the dark haired man nearly missed having his head cleaved in two as the Orc's axe slammed into the sandy earth, sending dirt cascading through the air.

Never breaking eye-contract, the Orc slowly unstuck his weapon from the earth stood to his full height, dwarfing the two thugs. Undaunted by their foe, the pair looked at each other. The Dark haired pirate gave his accomplice a nod and unsheathed an ornate rapier.

"GOL'KOSH!" the Orc cried in response before charging forward with animal-like speed and ferocity.

Like a hot knife through butter, the dark haired pirate dragged his blade through the orcs right thigh, causing the Orc to roar in pain. The Green warrior shifted his weight to his left and turned to face the dark haired pirate.

With a grunt, he brought down his axe in a forward attack, but the pirate was agile, and slid out of harms way and returned with an expertly timed riposte, drawing blood this time from the Orc's abdomen.

The orc repeatedly swung at the pirate and repeatedly was denied a connecting blow. The pirate relished in the ease in which he was dispatching his foe, and became bold.

The dark-haired pirate took a step forward with a flourish to land a spectacular finishing strike, the Orc, seizing the opportunity took a hand off his axe and clasped it around the pirates throat, encasing his neck within his green paw. A look of surprised horror spread on the pirates face as his eyes darted in panic, searching for his partner - who was nowhere to be found.

The Orc narrowed his brow and pulled his prey close. His hot, exhausted breaths coming out as sharp stabs.

The pirate tried to cry out but no sound escaped his lips. The Orc tightened his grip and the pirate felt his strength fading.

With a final brutish roar of fury, the Orc crushed the Pirates neck in his hand; his scimitar leaving his lifeless grip and landing almost silently in the sand.

Letting go of his prey, the Orc placed a hand over his wounded leg. He scooped a handful of damp sand and patted his cut. Mag'ra would worry.

He then placed his axe over his shoulder and turned to leave, when suddenly a foreign sound reached his ears - a deep cracking sound, like a whip had been struck underwater.

Bornak then realised where the dark-haired pirates partner had went.

With a deafening slam, a cannonball landed not but a meter away from the Orc, sending a cloak of black smoke and flames into the air.

And then there was only darkness...

TO BE CONTINUED

...in game!

Thanks for reading!

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Nothing springs to mind. Thanks for the consideration.
Hello, Animgator, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! If you have further questions, I recommend giving this guide a read, as it contains a lot of helpful information for players who are new to the server. Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under. As for downloading the correct client and other things that you need to do in order to connect, I recommend giving this a read, as I found it very helpful myself when we made the switch to Cataclysm.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can! And if not me, any Overseer, GM, or Forum Helper.

While we do take a strict approach on warcraft lore, we're pretty lax when it comes to the kinds of RP that can be had here - and if combat is your desired RP, there's a good bit of it to find here. And you like Humans and Orcs too, and we have activity within both races. And of course, given our server's name, RP for the latter is always praised.

I also enjoyed the story: I like that you gave the reader multiple points of view and then left us hanging when it came to the fate of one of them.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo
Welcome, @Animgator!

I'm your brand-new mentor! Contact me when you see this post, and we can talk ( if you'll enable PMs . . . :P ) more closely about the server. If you have any questions about the server and/or the Lore, you have a helper in me! :)
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clay's introduction to the server drakick 1 605 01-06-2014, 12:48 PM
Last Post: Zenethen
  introduction to the server corelord 1 433 11-21-2009, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Nostra