The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Fantay Life/LoaP Warcraft III
Hey guys!

I recently discovered that there are maps, made for RPing in WCIII.(Such as Life of a Peasant, or Fantasy Life)

The concept is pretty much the same in the two game.
It's pretty good, you can get a job, be a thief and actually steal from people. A drug lord, and sell shady things to strangers. Police officer and arrest the bad guys. Or just a random citizen working at the post office. All this for IG income. You can buy houses, furniture, decorations. It's pretty fun. Anyone else playing and/or planning to play this?
"Excellence is when failure becomes improvement"

[Image: a7KvoWr_460sa_v1.gif]
Uhhh...

I can't tell if this is a joke thread or not a joke thread.
Not even kidding. I actually enjoy roleplaying in these games. :P

I never really found LoaP intriguing, but I'd be up for fantasy life (more so because WC3 RP is awesome regardless of what the map is) sometime.
(02-23-2014, 04:54 PM)Aethon Wrote: Not even kidding. I actually enjoy roleplaying in these games. :P

Oh trust me I've had a blast playing those games back then, but I'm just...surprised you've known these until recently.
(02-23-2014, 05:07 PM)Cassius Wrote:
(02-23-2014, 04:54 PM)Aethon Wrote: Not even kidding. I actually enjoy roleplaying in these games. :P

Oh trust me I've had a blast playing those games back then, but I'm just...surprised you've known these until recently.

Well, I knew about these maps, but I never thought about RPing on them before.

Pfft. As someone who RP'd in Starcraft 2 for quite a while, I'll say you totally want to be RPing in Starcraft 2. Cortex is probably the most advanced engine anyone's made in that game.
I was just on WC3 and I am kinda interested.
Hoooo boy. I used to do quite a bit of RP on WCIII on a map called Titan's Land and I'm just gonna wish you good luck. Finding decent RP on battle.net is about as a easy as finding a game other than DoTA. (This reference might be a little dated as Dota 2 is now on Steam but w/e)
Oh, I remember my WarCraft 3 RP days. There was this map called SotDRP... I've had loads of fun on those maps, though most of the time my experience was everyone building something amazing or conjuring some cool setting, then one of the most important people drops and it snowballs into half the players leaving.

[Image: USYWXqZ.gif]
(02-23-2014, 10:16 PM)DrakeTheHyooman Wrote: Oh, I remember my WarCraft 3 RP days. There was this map called SotDRP... I've had loads of fun on those maps, though most of the time my experience was everyone building something amazing or conjuring some cool setting, then one of the most important people drops and it snowballs into half the players leaving.

I used to spend 1.5+ hours just building set pieces for RPs on Cortex. It got to the point where I started to terrify myself, trying to put a single teddy bear model on a table that was actually two models flipped upside down and I'm getting flashbacks help

I'd like to note, though, that the SC2 Cortex engine actually has 'Warcraft' versions with models ported from WoW. It's got less model variety than SotDRP, but it makes up for it a thousand-fold with way more commands, ease of editing stuff, etc.
I've played both Starcraft Cortex and 'Warcraft' Cortex, and although I am absolutely shithouse with the commands, I will admit it's pretty fun. Until, as I mentioned, the person who made the whole setting and is hosting the game and built a city drops and then everyone leaves. But the few times everyone's managed to stick around long enough, it's been amazing.

[Image: USYWXqZ.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Warcraft III: Roleplay on Battle.net Traid 4 841 02-08-2013, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Traid