The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Custom Places: Animal Sanctuary
I've been personally wanting an animal sanctuary type area made on the server. I know how we can't cater to one person and blah, blah, blah. BUT! I do think it would an excellent place to have for everyone besides myself.

It would be an open outdoor place, having all different kinds of animals. A place that feels free, peaceful, and where one can be one with nature along-side the animals there. Neutral-like objects should come in place so it doesn't more cater to Alliance or Horde.

It would sound similar to Dalaran's Magical Menagerie, except not like an enclosed pet shop/grooming parlor. And characters could be like Breanni or Mei Francis, taking care of the animals. Not only that, probably take in animals like a stable master would or give animals away to others who want and deserve them.

This place could be RPed as a zoo, someone's place of rescued animals, an open pet/mount shop.. Things like that.

What does everyone else think?
Quote:"Your faction is the underdog right?
You always lose and suck at everything.
You lose towns, people and your second in command is a 14-year old who uses dark magic on his protectors and runs away alone the the wilderness."
- Panoss from the WoW retail forums
If this gets a fair amount of support, I'll give it a go.
...I know I want to see this happen. Animals need more love, anyhow!
Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

- Algalon, The Observer
Would be a great place for nature-lovers like Rangers or Druids.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
Might I suggest something something Hyjal?
At first thought I was thinking more like a location in the old Emerald Dream zone if it still exists. Ages (and I mean ages!) ago @Dilly had this sort of Emerald Dream blip. The IC location itself might not need to be the dream, but it would be a good place to work with if it's still reachable.
I 10/10 support this. The animals need some love too!
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
(06-29-2014, 08:15 PM)Krilari Wrote: At first thought I was thinking more like a location in the old Emerald Dream zone if it still exists. Ages (and I mean ages!) ago @Dilly had this sort of Emerald Dream blip. The IC location itself might not need to be the dream, but it would be a good place to work with if it's still reachable.

I remember Delta held an event in the Emerald Dream in-game location back when she was a GM. That place would be pretty darn good for a wilderness reserve of some sort. And just like you said, it needn't be the Dream itself, but just a great place to work with that -doesn't- impose on already-existing in-game locations.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
I don't think I've ever been there. How big and nature-y is it? O_O;
You lose towns, people and your second in command is a 14-year old who uses dark magic on his protectors and runs away alone the the wilderness."
(06-30-2014, 07:22 AM)Alliicce Wrote: I don't think I've ever been there. How big and nature-y is it? O_O;

I believe the answer to your question is: yes.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
All the tasty animals in one place? Yeah, I'm game for that!!
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
(06-30-2014, 08:29 AM)Ural Wrote: All the tasty animals in one place? Yeah, I'm game for that!!
WTB Drake acting as guard dog to keep animals safe even though they're probably capable of fending off themselves. XD
just place Deathwing there. Problem SOLVED. C:
[Image: uchiha_madara_signature_by_madninjap7-d4ubog7.png]
I won't mind a place to get my hunter pets from..
[Image: pj3isZU.gif]

[Image: 43883.png]
Looks like enough support for me. I'll start scouting an area.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adding custom items to vendors? FlyingSquirrel 9 2,476 01-03-2014, 11:45 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Custom Location Suggestion Andy7565 2 1,124 08-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Kimaira
  Huge List of Custom Items Delta 7 4,030 06-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Delta
  Custom Item Request - Gilnean Clothing sunday12321 19 4,466 04-23-2013, 11:21 AM
Last Post: sunday12321
  Concerning Off-Handedness and Custom Items flammos200 30 5,768 06-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Last Post: Beltharean