The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

You can call me Maine! Here for the RP. *Chest salutes.*
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
As a player, I don't exactly have much. I enjoy all kinds of RP and have a low tolerance for trolls. I've never gotten DEEP into WoW lore, but I am really excited about starting. I consider myself to be patient and forgiving most of the time, as well as a decent RPer.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Born and raised in the U.S of A! My primary language is English, and I have no knowledge of literally any other language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Several years ago, around the start of WOTLK/End of TBC, I got in. I started because WoW was sorta the "cool" thing between all of my peers, and have been on and off of it ever since.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?: To be honest, I enjoy ALL of it. From King RP to the most simple of simpleton RP. I've spent an entire IRL day sweeping the sides of mountains for simpleton RP. *The character was a crazed maniac that swept mountains and only ate squirrels.*

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

As far as race goes, I'd probably have to say human. Simple because it's something I can fully understand. With my on-and-off playing of WoW, I have forgotten a large amount of the lore, so it's a rather easy thing to remember and stay within the lore.

As far as class goes, to go with human, I'd probably say paladin. That was my first character ever in WoW, and he is my main character either today. I like it because to be honest, I'm a HUGE fan of aesthetics and paladins have some nice sets. Otherwise, I love to play the role of a tank and/or leader.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Rather high. I recently come from a non-stop 800 hours of Mount and Blade: Warband RP, playing the "Persistent World" mod. While there are servers that claim to have a "hardcore roleplay" element, I did not see it as such. A friend told me to try out WoW RP so here I am! This would even be my first time on a WoW private server! Tongue

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Probably rule 1. From the RP that I have been involved in, it seemed like everybody was trying to ERP before they tried to RP. A good change like that would be great! :D

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
Sure! I love RP of all kinds but a helping hand to WoW RP might help.[/color]

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!: *I'm going to go ahead and create my character here.*

*The man would look up to the barmaid, clenching his mug of ale with a tight left hand, leaning against the counter as he gave the barmaid a cold stare.*

"My name is Reyfar. I'm a paladin that was raised under the smiths and priests of Stormwind. Not only did I learn how to craft the "necessary" weapons and armor, but I also learned of the evil that lurks in Azeroth." *Reyfar would raise his mug to his mouth and take a large gulp before setting the mug bag on the counter.* "I spent my thirteenth through sixteenth years travelling with the other paladins as they went on their quests, quickly learning their ways of holy and good. Enough about me though, barmaid. What's a pretty lass like you doing here in Goldshire of all places?" *He'd say with a smirk and a wink before taking another large gulp from his mug.*

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I'd like to add that while I consider myself "above" the RP I was involved in, I am expecting to be on a total beginner level in here. From what I've been told, WoW RP is 1000 times more intense than some of the RP I'm used to. I hope to see it! :)

Also, browsing these forums, I hate to sound like a noob, but I can't figure out how to download the client or anything. A little bit of help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure you can PM me or just comment on this thread. Thanks in advance! :D
[/size]
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Mainerator has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Hey there! Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to hold off on approving this. Don't worry, didn't mess up too much. You just didn't fully answer the first question. If you could sneak up and finish answerin' that, it'd be great!
(07-21-2014, 05:48 PM)FlyingSquirrel Wrote: Hey there! Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to hold off on approving this. Don't worry, didn't mess up too much. You just didn't fully answer the first question. If you could sneak up and finish answerin' that, it'd be great!

Woops! Sorry about that. I had it all written out at one point. Must've accidentally deleted it. /Shrug.
Welcome to CotH!

First, be sure to check out our servers rules and policies, just so you're well-versed on the foundation of the server. The server has a wealth of information at the Articles/Guides section of the forums, and I would highly suggest you consult at least one or two guides when you start a new character. We have a full download for the Cataclysm game folder for both Mac and PC available.

In-game, there are purple portals scattered about. The primary OOC area is under Neutral Hubs, and is named "GM Island". This is where people loiter between roleplaying. I would also suggest that you /join chat and /join barrens once you get in-game, as we tend to prefer keeping LFG open for people looking for roleplay. We also have a few commands of note available to all players. Firstly is .lo rp <item>. This command will show all spawn-able RP items that match the criteria of the name. Then, you take the six numbers next to the item and add them to .add <000000>. This armor is wearable, but holds the same armor restrictions as it would on retail (I.E., we don't have Priests in Plate). We also have the .scale command, which functions from between .9 and 1.1, changing your in-game size.

--

Alrighty, then, we're all a go! If you're interested in Human RP, I would point you to @Cerb57's House Thelwind. Your mentor will be assigned to you shortly. Welcome to CotH!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello, You May Call Me Vermillion Vermillion 2 868 07-17-2014, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  *salutes* Okami At your Service Okami 2 711 06-06-2011, 02:02 AM
Last Post: Xigo
  You can call me 'Khlaw - Introduction letriclemon 1 640 09-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Hawk
  Hey, I'm Steve. You can call me... Steve. (Introduction) SteveWuzHere 3 907 04-25-2009, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Piken
  They call me 'Doc'. Astarte 1 645 03-13-2009, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Andrasia