The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Squi Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Why, I am just that; a player. A role player, in fact! No but seriously, I suppose I've been an active RPer for a while now, and I'm quite thankful that my memory's faulty enough for my early days to not haunt me sleepless. In those years, however, I don't think I've changed drastically as a person (skill level being entirely different... I hope). I could rattle off a few adjectives I think fit me, but for many reasons I believe that'd be largely meaningless. What matters is that you'll find me either reserved or desperately trying to be clever.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was spawned in the United States, and English is my native tongue.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
To the best of my knowledge, my first exposure to it was through Warcraft 3. Not only was the game (Custom games, I'm hopeless at legitimate RTS) fantastic, but the lore I slowly came to discover was enthralling. I then played WoW consistently from launch day to the very end of WotLK.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
You were easy to find because you're really the only one of your kind. An actual RP server instead of a PS that had one (if that) RP guild shone like a beacon.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
As long as it's decent, I don't think there's a limit to what I wouldn't enjoy. That said, please inform me of some awful things I'm forgetting so I can add them to the list and cross them off.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Toughie. Night elves are neat on paper, Dwarves tie with Forsaken on the "Hell yes" scale, and Draenei are Draenei, but I believe my heart will always belong to an Orc Shaman. That's probably just the childish obsession from the books I read refusing to wear off, though. Still, the concept and execution of shamanism in Warcraft greatly appeals to me.

Unless we're talking about all races, in which case, emphatically Naga. Mmm.

What are your expectations of this server?:
An orderly environment populated by dedicated people. Not that I wield my ideal standards with me at all times like a mace to beat unsavoury people with, it's just the impression I get from the site!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
There are many more practical and fundamental policies, but the section on Humility entertained me by both definitions of the word.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
I respectfully decline. I mean, uh, no.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

A shard of flint, gripped tightly in callused fingers, struck the side of a black-streaked stone. It struck and it struck and it struck and finally struck once more before it was flung away and embedded into the dry grass. "Fie!" the possessor of the hand shouted, clenching it into a fist. He raised his other hand, wispy spark of flame perched on its fingertip, and pointed with righteous accusation at the stubbornly unlit campfire. The shrubby tinder below the leaning logs combusted with a blast of hot air.

The satisfied smile that grew guiltily on the pyromancer's face was short lived.

"Hey!" He heard cried from afar, "I heard that!" Its cadence was mocking, and it grated against his nerves. He grit his teeth and barked back into the night.

"Heard what? Your own stomach? I'm working on it!"

The distant voice returned. "You know what I mean! I haven't forgotten our deal, put a silver in the spell jar!"

The pyromancer growled and spat out a curse. He rifled through a pocket in his weathered robes and threw a coin into the fire. It snapped and spewed out a lash of sparks. He rocked forward and stumbled to his feet, then shuffling over to a pile of packs and sacks left on the grass. As he unbuckled straps and loosened ropes to pull out various cooking supplies, he began to talk to himself in a derisive tone. "No spells until we reach Stormwind! I wanna see if you got what it takes! ... Of course I have what it takes! What manner of imbecile do you have to be to even jest about my prowess!" He tossed a bundle of pewter cutlery over his shoulder and thrust his hands into the bag, feeling around.

He lifted his flaring eyes to the burgeoning campfire. "You want the tithe for your puerile games, pluck it from the embers."
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Squi has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Thank you! You're right, and now I'm painfully aware of my choice in username. We'll see how this goes...
Hello there, Squi! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Don't mind Krotok. He's a meanie-face.

That said, I get very positive vibes from your introduction. Colour me impressed and intrigued.

Do you have Skype? If so, you should check out this thread! Feel free to add my Skype (loxmardin) as well, if you want to chat, ask questions or have me add you to the official CotH Skype Group, manually!

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under. Also, take a look at this announcement about the .LFRP command! It's totally useful!

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them. Don't forget to "/join Chat" for general chatter, "/join Barrens" for general randomness and more spammy chatter in-game!

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
Overseer Loxmardin
OOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRCS! :D
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]