The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Some inspiration.
Found this in WoWwiki! You might have seen this, but some of this stuff is REALLY good! (Or, at least I liked it. ) Some of it *has* been played out, and this was written for high-population Blizzard RP servers, but some of it is gold. (Keep in mind it was designed for Blizzard RP which is 'anything goes' kinda craziness so some of it might not fly here.)

Various Roleplay Ideas

The following are various ideas that can be played out by the use of extensive emotes.

* Zoomaster/Petting zoo owner Collect pets and set up a small scale petting zoo for people to enjoy!
* Poet/Minstrel One of the most fun characters to play, you get to be creative, writing songs and poetry and have people *gasp listen to you!
* City Tours Become a lore expert and take people for guided tours of the city. Leaves a lot of room for creativity!
* Ghost Tours Similar idea to the previous, except with ghosts! Maybe get your group to party with you, and have a friend go in ghost form for them to be chased by.
* Hunting Trips Are you a seasoned hunter, or just a fan of the big game? Don't have to be a hunter to enjoy the sport!
* Safari Run a safari service by yourself or a few friends. Take people for tours of the barrens and its inhabitants.
* Fortune Telling Another really fun one, you get to tell people what is going to happen in their lives ^_^
* Psychologist/Councillor Listen to peoples problems all day and try to diffuse some of their anxieties (Good for a priest. Tried this. ~~)
* Odds-n-ends collector / Trader Hey, don't throw away that grey item! One man's trash is another's treasure. Show off your.okay lets face it, trash.
* Hair stylist Okay, you cant graphically change someones haircut, but half of roleplay is suspending your beliefs and just playing along :P Edit: With the new barber shops with Wrath of the Lich King, this one will be much easier to pull off.
* Hypnotist Now this would be a fun one. I am dying to try on an alt :P
* Games master Spend all day coming up with and hosting games between people, maybe try to get an actual chess game going using KnightB2-C5 style? Perhaps your character is a master at something, and has attitude.
* Saint/Samaritan Perhaps its part of your characters persona to help people in need, maybe under influence of the light?
* Graveyard Keeper So many graveyards in Azeroth, and who is there to look after them? Sell flowers and keep those shields upright as you keep the places of mourning.
* Real estate agent Elect yourself master of real estate in Ironforge! Sell (I use that word carefully :P) the houses to couples, take them on inspections and even hold auctions! Proof of ownership may be a problem however.
* Circus performer A clown, high wire or master of beasts? Show off your freakishness by performing at the darkmoon faire perhaps?
* Comedian This one is tricky, but if you can pull it off, you'll get lots of love! Write up some jokes and draw in a crowd in Orgrimmar or Stormwind.
* Garbage Collector So much litter around the trade regions, sweep around people, avoid the hobos and keep Azeroth clean! (Can run into some interesting encounters with hobos, business owners, estate agents?)
* Party Liaison People have parties and weddings all the time in Azeroth! Why not be a service to these people by getting in touch with all the entertainers, finest chefs, comedians, fortune tellers and the like to book for peoples events? Great for PR!
* Mailbox Digests Start your own digest magazine by yourself or with a few friends and get subscribers! Maybe run some riddle competitions, try to make a word find in a letter, or run stories on interest. (There have been some really successful ones at this. ~~)
* Expressionist artist (in angst!) D#@!& your character in shades of grey and black, and wander around stormwind pondering modernism, industry and that undead rogue stabbing people behind you.
* Gypsy Start your own folk collective by yourself or a few friends, engage another culture completely foreign to your native one by becoming nomads of the land, with a fondness for campfires, dancing and singing.
* Deviant Dealer People from some walks of life need a fix, sometimes in no other form than deviant fish! Treat them as a banned substance, make your shady deals out the back of cut throat alley away from the guards!
* Speech therapist / accent expert Become a master of the various dialects and speech mannerisms of azeroths inhabitants. From the ey mon, to the RAAAAAAAARG me smash undead! To the muuuuruurururggghhh of a murloc!
* Dockmaster Become the chief official of the docks of Menethil, or the zeppelins of Orgrimmar, providing regular /yells about departure and arrival times. Name the ships yourself, make your office the unused ship, and keep your cloak smelling of salt and gin!
* Holiday Agent Some people want a holiday? You know where to go (and in what season!) provide packages with the safari, hunters clubs, organize a tour, or maybe just a quiet night at a bed and breakfast owner.
* Bed and Breakfast owner Maybe you own a nice house in the middle of no-where and like to treat your guests with the best hospitality one can provide. Bookings might need to be essential.so you're there.
* Masseuse Your skills as a master masseuse are needed! Heroes return to battle with knots, aching joints and a high heart rate. Offer them some creature comfort for a few copper coin. (You could offer some... other private services with this as well. Don't know whether it's against the EULA, though. ~~)
* Animal rights protectionist Everyday a critter is molested somewhere in Azeroth. Start your plight by the protection of chickens and rabbits, maybe even the level 50 owls.. Diseased grizzly bears?
* Private Investigator Investigate strange happenings outside the official channels. Work with SI:7 for assignments, or go renegade.
* Homeless Bum Hey, its no big deal, most of us sleep in inns at night! What of those people who sleep in the middle of Orgrimmar? Perhaps you take it a step further, harassing the deviant dealer and garbage collectors.
* Astronomer Study the heavens and talk with others, such as the fortune tellers, astrologists, magazine editors and the like about your findings.
* Town Crier Those overpaid bums walking around the city, spouting news only the council wants you to hear about! Send forth reports of distant war with your fellows, keep up to date on great auctions, even some gossip?
* Peace Activist / Hippy We may be on a PvP server, but why not roleplay a peaceful attitude? Roleplay yourself being strapped to trees in stonetalon mountains, and try talk that undead rogue out of gutting you.
* Master chef its one thing to have 300 cooking skill, but something else entirely to create your own wonderful masterpieces! Use the forums, letterbox tabloid to give directions on making dishes such as, Stuffed elven ear, Chicken soup, Boochy steak!
* Tool TraderPeople always need that extra arclight spanner, a spare hammer or a replacement pickaxe becasue the old one is broken, so why not sell these things to them, for the right price of course.

Groups/Clubs/Guilds

Many of these ideas could be performed best with group of over three people, whether as a social occasion between friends, open invitations to all to join as a club, or a formal thing as a guild, give some of these ideas a go.

* Boxing club Start up a (drunken) bare fist fight club. Get all violent and personal with your buddies. (You shouldn't talk about the club. ~~)
* Church services Conduct a regular sermon and pray amongst peers. Crimson Alliance (some guild?) may do this if.
* University Elect yourself dean after creating a university! This worked great on my old server, study such things as arcane, botany, biology, human sciences, politics!
* Acting troupe We all roleplay characters. Ever thought of roleplaying a character in character?! Replay great dramas such as Hamlet, or put a modern twist on them such as LOLio and Juliet. The Capulets and the pwnz0rs.
* Surf, Turf n beer Crew Conduct a regular excursion to a pub, order some beautiful tender wolf steaks, lobster and stout. Discuss whatever! (And harass waitresses.)
* Rebels On many PVP-RP (and RP) servers, a small minority of people want to keep the Treaty between Thrall and Jaina Proudmoore intact. Easy to do with two side-by-side computers for 'translating' languages, but fun to do with emotes regardless!
* Hotel / Concierge Maybe one of the places in Ironforge is transformed into a 5 star inn! Dinner is served, you, your pet and entourage of luggage are looked after, completely at your leisure. May keep close ties with the masseuse, chef and garbage collectors. Oh, don't gasp too hard when the 5 gold (or more) bill comes though!
* Linguist A group of people might want to create their own language? Or the study of many languages, like mentioned above.
* Lore Experts Become a master of your race's lore, study with friends and hold conferences.
* Botanist So many plants in Azeroth but no classifications! Have excursions into Stranglethorn Vale, study the decay at Felwood. Name the plants after your king!
* Mountaineering group So, Ironforge has the Explorers' League huh? For some reason the gods look down apon mountaineering, or, finding places no-one has ever seen.Maybe you can get away with it roleplaying, because it is fun ^_^
* Player run bar A big thing on my old server was the player run inns at the park in Stormwind. Get a regular happening going, people will drop by for a drink and a roleplay!
* Newspaper editor Using either forums, webspace or IG-letter system, write a weekly report on the happenings of Azeroth. Maybe even get some takings from advertising?
* Philosophy group Warcraft raises some interesting philosophical issues, you respawn after you die from spirit healers, what does that say about pain, death and ambitions for life?
* Cat owners club *shrug*, for cat fans. People might like to run their own cat shows with the various types.
* Bird watchers Ever notice the birds flying overhead? Get a small group to study the various kinds!

Trade

Who says you cant roleplay making a buck?

* Drug Dealer! You've seen the addicts, and bloodthistle's becoming a pretty popular drug, especially in Silvermoon City. (Well, on Moon Guard, at least!) Become an herbalist, run around Eversong and get yourself some bloodthistle to start, and then deal it out for just a little more than vendor price. Profit and good roleplay to boot!
* Inter-faction trade organization Organise to trade stuffs across the lines with your enemy.
* Fashion designer Make your goods stand out by vigorous campaigning to have your brand name recognized! May require some propaganda. The Gucci of leathergoods?
* Farmer Nah, just kidding. Don't roleplay a farmer. (At least not in the gold-for-money farmer sense.)

( Here is the link if you want it all. http://www.wowpedia.org/Guide_to_rolepla ... oleplayers )

More edits - This is messy messy. Added a bit to the beginning.
ಠ_ಠ : Like Fo Fi Cops.
Woah, you were right! This is gold!
The drug dealer one would be against the rules, but the other ones sounds like a heap of great ideals.
It's against the rules out of character to talk about, ICly, you could deal Silverleaf and other forms of stuff. It's something that's prelevant in WoW, and mentioned in a lot of the books.

If I'm not mistaken, it's something that's discussed a lot when the Cartel comes into play.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Did not read every last one, but many of the ones I skimmed were really really nice. One of them had me thinking, why not have a neutral aligned character teach players how to speak in other languages? Sounds fun and is a bit safer form of cross-faction RP. I was rollin' when I read about the role-playing a role-player. An actor or actress in a play! Genius. (Also.. about the Cartel drug running... Hmm... 8) )
ಠ_ಠ : Like Fo Fi Cops.
I call dibs on the cat owners club! :P
[Image: Untitled-332.png]
I did both a fortune telling and a gypsy one, and both were a lot of fun. People would flock to me to get their fortunes and palms read. The surprising part...Was that I was right more than half the time!!

I might just have to do that again...Hm...
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Heh, I remember being a homeless orc. Good times.

This is awesome, I'll have to check this out sometime for a new character.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Character Inspiration rentreality 0 576 12-20-2012, 07:17 PM
Last Post: rentreality
  Inspiration Aphetoros 0 595 10-27-2011, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Aphetoros