The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Guild Rules. . .?
I've been looking around for a long while, and I haven't found any rules that restrict nor help people with creating a guild. I could wind up a few suggestions, but I couldn't make it official. Unless there's a hidden Wiki page, or a link to a guild rules page, I think there should be some guidelines and tips.

It should be known, as the information provided by Kretol that rule 5 applys and the guild must be named appropriately. But we should also tell the -dangers- of Alliance/Horde guilds, but we don't restrict it. Along with this, we should include that you should avoid making the guild look militarilistic or empire-like, how you shouldn't potray your guild as huge-- whatever you can think of.
[Image: Calvin_and_Hobbes_hug_by_Humongous_E.png]
If you've got suggestions for rules or guidelines, by all means, let us know! That goes for everyone on the server.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Well, I'll support what I said above.

Potential Rule
Avoid Militarilistic/Empire-like guilds
The thing is, your characters race/faction probably already HAS an army. It's just uncool to enact your guild primarily, at the start, a huge, battle ready guild that has great power. If you look at it. . .Why don't you just hostile both factions, and create your own world? You can't create your own government INSIDE a government, you'll simply get kicked out. Militia's and other orginized fighting forces that enact as the law will be overidden by the ACTUAL law. It's just not a smart idea, in
many cases.

Potential Guidelines
The dangers of cross-faction guilds
You see, everytime a GM yells-- I mean, politely informs in a loud tone* about how your guild supports both factions, is primarily because-- hey; they're at war. No happy-and-about guilds that brightly run across Stormwind saying; HEY THERE, JOIN UP WE HAVE ORCS AND BLOOD ELVES-- You'll be killed, imprisioned, or at the least; labeled a 'traitor', giving you a unfriendly status. The trick? Secret societys. Merchant (Or soley neutral) guilds. It depends on your imagination around keeping the fact of cross-faction IN the guild. In reality, it's best just to make it one faction. You'll probably get more members that way, because most characters will have objections to joining a guild with both factions.

Avoid potraying it as a huge guild
It's been done before-- and I'm not saying once your guild is big, you shouldn't say it is; but you shouldn't act as if your guild is a big thing if you have a scarce amount of members. Don't act like it's there, if it usually isn't.

Other
Also, I'd like it if you put up whether or not you should create your in-game guild tag. I honestly don't see many guilds approved, or denied. I don't want to get on your end with that, because I know it's just stacking a whole bunch of other chores; but the Steamweedle Cartel is the only guild listed in the wiki. Personally, I don't care if it goes on the wiki or not, but I remember reading that it was the same as profiles.

If anyone wants to add to it, post here. Any edits and comments specifically argueing against any of these methods, please POLITELY private message me about it.
*This is a joke. I make them. Maybe if players stopped for a second and used common sense. . .
Edited for second reason, because double-posting is for silly-heads.
Except for the middle one, I think these are better off as suggestions for guild operating/making and not rules.

Quote:don't want to get on your end with that, because I know it's just stacking a whole bunch of other chores; but the Steamweedle Cartel is the only guild listed in the wiki.
*Goes to check*

OH, it's the same one from the old version of CotH. I guess they didn't delete it because I think it's, like, the only guild/faction tag that carried over. I need to update that page...
˜★Sketch Blog
I knew I should've set some kind of difference between guidelines and rules when I was typing that. I just mish-moshed them together in a complentation. I'll edit it between rules/guidelines. Anyone else, please do the same.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guild Vault access ImagenAshyun 1 734 10-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Ormica
  Guild Bank teege 1 845 03-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Cressy
  Guild HQ Aqueiam 13 1,505 12-15-2009, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Kaghuros
  A request important to a Guild. brattman412 24 3,921 09-18-2008, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Guild Hall SinkMarylandSink 6 1,093 11-27-2007, 07:50 PM