The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Character Deaths
There has been a trend among players that I myself am not very fond of. And that is people trying to stop others from ressurecting their characters by "dismemberment and mutilation".

I'm going to be brief and say that under -no- circumstances are you able to say a person cannot be ressurected. I don't care how many pieces you chop 'em up into, or who's dog they are fed to, or if they were put into a woodchipper and shipped to Booty Bay.

Everyone is allowed one ressurection, no matter what.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

/agree

From someone who's lost a main (and successfully brought him from the dead), I felt horrible until I got ressurrected. You never know how much time people put into a character, so ending there 'one-rezz-rule' because you don't want them living is really uncool. I'd also like to throw that you're allowed to avoid any IC fighting, you wont be seen godmodding if you leave the scene BEFORE the fight.
[Image: Calvin_and_Hobbes_hug_by_Humongous_E.png]
I totally agree with this,

Though you -can- leave a fight if you don't want to have the chance of losing your char. I think of it like this: Not if I would lose the char, but what would my char do ICly. Because of that, he died. But I still agree with this method. Too many times have people maimed then spread body parts across the world to get around that rule.
Although it's not directly relating to the subject, what I'd like people to know that it is very hard to lose a main, but easy to lose an alternative. Having almost lost a main drove me crazy. A few weeks later, he got pushed aside as an alt and I was almost relieved to have him killed. There are alternatives to killing characters like capture, abduction, slavery, and torture. People who go around being dangerous should explore these alternatives when dealing with a main or any character that the player has a hard time letting go. I haven't had my any of my characters mutilated or Saw 4'd or anything so I don't know first hand the experience but I'm aware that it has been going on.
ಠ_ಠ : Like Fo Fi Cops.
I remember when I lost my main on this server, I was pretty bummed out. There -was- a plan, but it was too late.

Although I was lucky enough to have the server update and have new lore, so I got my character back! Heh. But anyway the moral of the story... Losing a main -sucks-.

And I agree with what Touchseed said.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Aye to that. Got a question though.

Shamans can ressurect themselves, without others helping them. If you were a shaman, died, then ressurected yourself, then died again, would you be able to be ressurected by another player?
Who Loves Orange Soda?
No. Your one resurrection applies to any way you can think of coming back.

Edit: I said it applies, not that you can make up random unbelievable reasons.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'll raise my hand to the chopping up and decapitation of two characters.
Also does a character have to have someone who knows about the body to be resurrected?
Mikain Wrote:No. Your one resurrection applies to any way you can think of coming back.

Ah... so is the Marvelous Madstone of Immortality a valid way to resurrect yourself? And how about if a Warlock has captured your soul or you are a Forsaken, they already have been revived once?
Mabra Dragonbasher- A battle hungry dwarven lady, hirable for personal protection and for larger tasks requiring violence.
Keep in mind though that getting ressurected is not a clap-you-hands-and-it´s-done thing, it needs effort, RP and a some story to it.

If you´ve been decapitated, maimed and chopped up and then dumped into various parts of the ocean you should at least make a storyline that leads up to your character coming back. Resting with the fishies in the morning and then be back and kicking in the evening is something at least I feel would be neigh impossible.

Just becasue you are allowed to rezz doesn´t mean you have to, it doesn´t mean that you can bring a character back anyway you want (ex: the Old Gods chose [name] as their champion and put her corpse together infusing it with their unholy power to make her their avatar of ultimate godmodding doooooom!), you´ll have to make it in a (Warcraft) realistic way. Rather one that doesn´t make you more powerfull than before or some kind of Dark Knight complex, it is pretty likely that the time after (and maybe permamently) the character would be weaker than normal, be it they can´t control the same amount of magic power, can´t remember that special spell or chant or maybe their faith in [insert entity/philosophy] has diminished/faded completely? Or/and their muscles are weaker, they might have lost some of their sharp reflexes or maybe in the process of being ressurected they lost a limb?

It would likely also cause some severe trauma, after all they died. Horrible memories of being killed/maimed/tortured/chopped to bits/eaten alive/etc/etc or maybe they have nightmares and can´t sleep? Perhaps they can´t remember but some item/object/tune/scent/sound/anything else make them feel complete terror?

A character who before was charismatic and assertive might have become more silent, brooding, easily scared, perhaps they can only think of vengeance? Maybe they are filled with a lust for vengeance but at the same time scared shitless by their nemesis?

All in all, I think that you should consider possible consequences for your character that is ressurected, also how they are ressurected. If you feel unsure about anything (can I ressurect my character like this? Do you think my character would react like this? Is it possible to [insert question]?) you are welcome to ask a GM!
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

A bit of an add-on, Death -could- be a liberating experience. IF your character dies and was brooding/silent before, maybe if+when they come back they can be tough-guy/letsgosmashsomething! I'm not advocating getting your character killed for any reason, but if it were to happen, it's a good way to take a break from an old character, and move into something new. You can treat it like a 'near-death experience'. That's about the closest thing you can get to actually dying.
ಠ_ಠ : Like Fo Fi Cops.
I directly made a back up plan for when Roobald dies when I made him!

Anyways, I guess we could always ask your Plastic surgeon character for help if we need new limbs/bodies, right Nostra?
Mabra Dragonbasher- A battle hungry dwarven lady, hirable for personal protection and for larger tasks requiring violence.
Exactly, I was not saying that you can godmod your way into having your ressurection, -however-, to me, the new 'dismemberment' thing seems like a really cheap way for people to say "well, sorry, we can't res you".

If someone does that kinda crap where they hide your body parts after severly mutilating you, to me, that seems like a fair bit of godmoding or metagaming in it's self. The person that'd do that knows our res policy, and would be using that as an OOC means to stop someone from being ressurected, which isn't right.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Actually, I'd argue that dismemberment would be a proper course of action. Characters in the world do ICly know that resurrection is very possible and if you killed someone it is certainly not to your advantage to leave it possible for a person to come along and bring them back. The obvious solution? Make it a little more difficult by chopping them up and tossing them in a river (Which does happen in real life, which is rather disgusting).

That being said, obviously you are capable of being resurrected in some fashion, though it would be rather annoying for you to kill someone for seeing/knowing something, with no possible way of stopping them telling everyone they see about whatever event you seek to hide after they come back. I heard some rather wacky resurrection ideas coming out of some people, and while I do agree it's fair for everyone to have their resurrection, I think it severely defeats the absoluteness and purpose of death if they can run around spreading whatever information they were killed for knowing.

Anyway, just my two cents.
[Image: Signature.png]
Vrahn Wrote:they can run around spreading whatever information they were killed for knowing.

I´d say that something like that simply helps spawn/change storylines, instead of seeing things as RP blockers or make stuff harder, look at the potential it has, what can you do with it, make the best of what you got.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Character ideas that don't play by CotH character creation rules Dae 26 10,334 01-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Dae
  IC OOC L (In-Character Out-Of-Character Location) Judgernaut 15 3,460 03-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Judgernaut
  Concerning Character Deaths Wuvvums 22 4,378 08-20-2010, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Dotsy
  Deaths EpicDuck 3 853 11-05-2009, 03:53 AM
Last Post: Zunaj
  Proposal about IC "Deaths" Angelofdark 15 2,686 12-15-2007, 12:18 PM
Last Post: mrsmarsh