The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Question related to the Arcane
What would happen to a night elf that begins to practice the Arcane, other than him being bannished from night elf society.
Timothy Willaims VI: I know what this is! You are all racist against bards! Its a conspiracy!
Rorbin: A bard isn't even a race!
Timothy Willaims VI: . . .racist.
He'd undergo a painful and potentially fatal transformation into a High Elf. Of course, we don't allow any of that here, so your questions are pretty much irrelevant.

That is, you can't practice the Arcane.
Well...Night Elf priests can cast Starfall....an arcane spell, as far as i'm concerned.

So I don't really know...be...killed off?

Though the night elves will rarely do this and only Malfurian hunted his brother Illidan down...this is to my knowledge the only time they sentenced death on any night elf...

But my memory is dreadful so. Yuh know.

Also what Kaghuros said.
Night Elves do not cast the arcane, starfall is not an arcane spell. It's a common mistake to make because WoW calls the damage type arcane, but that's purely game mechanics. A fireball is arcane, starfire, starfall and other druidic/priest abilities are divine in nature.

Though I wouldn't exactly agree with kaghuros on the painful transformation, there's nothing suggesting that you'd simply turn into a high elf overnight as they crafted an entire empire with arcane magic long before they provoked the legion into coming. I think that was more of a gradual transformation that happened after they left night elven lands, started living at the day instead of the night and a constant use of arcane magic. The Shen'dralar are highborne mages who have been using arcane magic to keep themselves immortal by siphoning a trapped demon inside of Dire Maul, and they've been doing so for ten thousand year. They're still perfectly night elven looking.
Sorcerer Wrote:Night elves who takes this class are stripped of their racial heritage, effectively transforming into high elves, although they do not physically change.

Apparently the change isn't physical, but it does happen. Regardless, you aren't allowed to do it here so there's no point in arguing.

That means you, Theik.
i made the character a belf instead so yeah, discussion closed?
Timothy Willaims VI: I know what this is! You are all racist against bards! Its a conspiracy!
Rorbin: A bard isn't even a race!
Timothy Willaims VI: . . .racist.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At what point can't Warlock use arcane? Kenert 12 3,051 06-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Vrahn
  Warlocks using arcane Kenert 6 1,334 06-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Kenert
  Arcane Consumption Wuvvums 2 908 01-24-2012, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Reese
  Arcane, like the Force? McKnighter 13 2,616 03-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Kage
  An appeal to fairness, warlocks, necromancers and the arcane Arrillion 36 5,758 12-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Sourpuddle