The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Where to Start?
Ok, before you start reading, I swear that I'm not completely clueless! It's more of a curious inquiry than a cry for help.

After cruising around the forums quite a bit, going through all the wiki pages, and playing in-game for a little, I thought I'd ask where everybody thinks the best place to start would be at this point. I've already created a character in the Alliance, but I wasn't sure if I ought to branch out into the Horde, as well, or if I should just focus on one character at this point. Plus, with all this recent activity in the Barrens, I wasn't sure if it might be easier for me to get involved if I had a Horde character with better access to that region.

Also, are there any role playing hot spots I should know about? I've been going through /Who, and (not surprisingly) it seems that most RP goes on in Orgrimmar, Stormwind, and the Barrens. Is this a fair assumption, or have I just been online at strange/different/exceptional times?

Anyway, I hope I haven't come off as too helpless or incapable; ideally, I'm just trying to see how I can best integrate myself into this awesome community. Thanks for taking the time to read all this and, hopefully, add your input!
Hotspots are mainly Stormwind, and Ratchet. I think with this event going on, this would be the -best- time to get started with a Horde character as the horde rp tends to die down after awhile.

Good luck though. :)
Heh, you shouldn't feel bad for asking about advise. Afterall, if you're new, it's natural!

Well, a place that tends to be well-visited in RP terms is Stormwind. It is, probably, the biggest spot for roleplaying, and has been that since some time back.

But, with the recent Scourge invasion of the Barrens, Horde RP has risen up quite alot, and many are rolling hordies. Which is good aswell, since it stimulates the RP.

If you are to center on one character or not? Well, that's actually what you prefer yourself. Me, personally, tend to use various characters on various occasions, only focusing on some from time to time. And it's good to have characters on both sides, to take part of most RP.
Thanks for the quick responses!

Based on what both of you have said, I'll get myself more involved Horde-side, as well! Thanks again!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Character Wipe- A new start Zhaei 10 1,716 05-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Kage
  Hand me a stone and let's start building Werewolf1 7 1,535 11-20-2009, 07:14 AM
Last Post: Harmonic