The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Character Wipe- A new start
I've basically decided to do a character wipe. I'd like some other opinions before I make the decision, though.

I'm doing this because the server has become stale for me, I don't active want to RP now. My characters don't seem important either to me or to others. Many of them are poorly made and not what I want.

I'll keep my very latest minor character, Darian, as I haven't actually RPed with him.

Anyone that has a character that relies on one of mine, fear not.

Apart from that... could people give me some advice?
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
If you don't want to roleplay, don't. Forcing yourself typically only further serves to make you not want to do it, which can be detrimental when it's something that you usually love to do. Take a break, do other activities, and maybe let character concepts mull in the back of your brain. Hopefully you will have come up with characters that you are ready to embrace when you are ready to roleplay again.

I'm not sure if I'd do a wipe, however. You might just be suffering through a bout of melancholy or even roleplay doldrums. It could be that you come back and want to play those characters again. Plus, the desire to do away with existing characters often causes players to do something final to their characters (such as untimely demises), which can be hard to undo once done. And, honestly, who wants to go through the effort of a retcon should you want to return to those characters? We get unlimited accounts and unlimited character slots, so leave 'em until you're certain!
I guess I worded that pretty poorly, so I'll clarify. I still want to RP, but I don't want to RP with my characters. I don't feel the ties, excitement etc from playing/discussing or working on them anymore. I think it's partly due to my nature, I tend to rush through things fast and chuck em out just as fast, and that I rushed their concepts and profiles.

And that's true, Piroska, though I PMed Kret 3 weeks ago and no response. I guess this would be more of a personal thing. My characters don't have anything going, anyway. A new start has helped me in the past, maybe it can now.

Either way, thanks for the response. You are probably right about the whole personal melancholy thing, exams are a pain.
(05-21-2012, 08:19 AM)Vee Wrote: And that's true, Piroska, though I PMed Kret 3 weeks ago and no response.

I believe that the process may be to place a ticket in-game. I could be wrong since it's been two years since I requested my second account, but I recall seeing something like that posted recently.

I always cringe a little when players say that they wish to start fresh because, exceedingly frequently, they eventually return to their old characters after a period of time. This requires them to undo whatever fate had befallen them. I'm not partial to retcons, in almost every form. Just my personal feeling and recommendation.
When I made a ticket I was told to PM Kret... endless cycle! :S

But yeah, I'm not retconning. None of my characters are actually needed, making it incredibly easy for them to just not appear now and then.

Hell, I don't know, I may just shove them to one side and stick with a new concept I'm thinking of at the mo. Thanks for the advice, Piroska. As always.
You know my stance on Lilisea.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
You have skype, Bov? Or are you in game?
Hey I still need RP getting that ossom fel sword. And yeah, just go play some Skyrim or something. And Skype me sometime!
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
Chu should Skype me! I'm always lookin for ways to tie my characters with others. Kagetheshadow here!
Sent, Kage.

Well after talking with Ural (who's awesome) I've decided to keep 3 of my characters and purge the rest. I didn't like them either, so I'm happy with the decision. Thanks for all the quick advice, people.
.. I didn't get it. Did I spell my name wrong.. I dont think I did. Whats yours? Feel free to PM it if you don't want it public knowledge.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Character ideas that don't play by CotH character creation rules Dae 26 10,334 01-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Dae
  IC OOC L (In-Character Out-Of-Character Location) Judgernaut 15 3,460 03-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Judgernaut
  Adam's character wipe Adam255 3 1,056 02-29-2012, 08:27 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Squirrel's Character Wipe FlyingSquirrel 11 1,765 09-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Hand me a stone and let's start building Werewolf1 7 1,535 11-20-2009, 07:14 AM
Last Post: Harmonic