The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A Reminder On Death & Killing
Not that this is happening as you read this, but with the increased assaults and killings going on, a reminder might help to inform newer members about killing according to the rules.

First:
Let's Face it, no one likes their characters to die. This is very common, where you want to keep your characters alive as long as possible to have fun with them.

Remember though, there are more players than just yourself. I'll say that a majority of characters aren't intended to be killed off shortly after creation. To help other players, don't feel implied to kill other characters of theirs.

Second:
It's been said before, but here it comes again. A character who's purpose of creation is to kill other characters should NOT be made at all. It would be very sad to see an entire server full of characters that want to kill each other and no one RPing for fear of that reason.

Third:
Be smart. There are certain situations that might obviously put your characters in danger and being in those situations means you've received your character warning. Several examples:

-Attacking other characters first.

-Threatening other characters first.

-Venturing into zones controlled by the opposite faction and/or other hostilities.

Fourth:
Don't aim to kill. Like said, character death isn't fun OOCly. With that in mind, not every fight has to end with death of one of opposing sides. We should be mature enough to not aim for killing another character because of a mere argument.

There ARE other alternatives to ending fights. Several are:

-Knock Out

-Fleeing

Again, with events that circle around killings, and the never ending battle between Good and Evil, we must all remember that there are players behind every character just like you or me. A little humility goes a long way.
I began taking this into consideration some weeks ago, because I normally just went.. 'kill, kill, kill' instead of thinking of alternative options. But sometimes, you have to kill. Sometimes people get their characters into a situation.. like they know about something that some are trying to keep secret, or they have something that someone doesn't want them to find. In those situations, death is really the only option. Which will probably be the only time I would kill-kill a character.
That wouldn't be considered a "mere argument". And that seems like a fair reason for a killing.
There's a third alternative - Injury, if you injure the said person then it opens up more RP, such as the person wanting to get revenge or if the revenge is serious enough, their friends trying to heal the person or the person having to deal with the injury. Possibly permanant scarring, but then again I wouldn't go around scarring people left and right either.
I don't think anyone likes killing other peoples characters but when let's say a very angry Forsaken runs into a human or "breather" as we like to call them. The most likely turn out is that the Forsaken is going to try and kill that human, it's a natural thing really that comes with RP.
Killing should be rare (Unless it was something like the Forsaken and Human) people forget that humanoids are extraordinary organisms, to 'Not die' is an instinct we all have, and some of this comes out, even in the likes of Warcraft, if you don't want to die, then keep your head down and stay in familiar territory, if someone's givin' ya agro, round up a posse and beat the crap out of them, OOC issues should (Not saying they always can) but they should be dealt with IC.

EDIT: On my last point on OOC issues should be dealt with IC, that's not to be confused with taking a grudge on someone you have OOC'ly, IC'ly. I'm talking about if someone makes a bad decision OOC'ly that's going to effect you IC'ly, then don't start a debate in brackets or flood the channels.

As said, this is can't always happen, as most contested OOC decisions have nasty repercussions.
"Experience is a Harsh teacher..." - Jigsaw
There will be fights based on natural reasons, like Forsaken v "Breather". One thing to remember though, is that you should keep in mind other naturaul issues, such as the fact that the Forsaken are far in the north and almost every other race is a while away.

With this said, you shouldn't venture to....Elwynn, for example, as a Forsaken, JUST to kill off other players, or Tirisfall Glades as Human JUST to kill off players as well.

The common "act like your character" saying says it all. If your character would risk the extreme danger to go into enemy lines, then go for it. The fact that it's an obvious danger is a character warning though.
I think I should say this in light of recent things, but I'm sure you all will get the idea.

Death isn't something that should be feared or even looked down upon when it comes to RPing. As writers, it's our duty to decide how to end our characters, and it's our duty to make that ending the best that it can be. We all have to accept the responsibility of keeping our characters out of those entangling situations that could/will inevitably result in death until we feel that they're ready. Once we feel that their story has been told to its utmost, it is our duty to end it in a manner most fitting and fulfilling to the character.

Don't be afraid of letting go of a character once you feel that his/her tale has been fulfilled. Instead, be ready to make it as brilliant and entertaining as possible when it happens. Take pride in seeing your characters' stories come to conclusion once they have lived out their lives and purposes. It's another chance at excellent entertainment, and also another chance at something new. As attached as we become to our characters, there is always the possibility for something new - a new character, a new story, and new events. Don't think that character death is all-negative. It can give 'character' to a story.

Of course, my views could be shaped by the fact that I prefer warrior characters, but a heroic (or at least well thought-out and written) death seems much better to me than letting a character fizzle into nonexistence when so much of him has been told.
Alexander Mikelus
[Awaiting Approval]
"All the world is a stage, all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances, and one man in his time plays many parts." ~William Shakespeare
My Intro
User7 Wrote:With this said, you shouldn't venture to....Elwynn, for example, as a Forsaken, JUST to kill off other players, or Tirisfall Glades as Human JUST to kill off players as well.

Funny enough, I have a Forsaken in Elwynn, but it's for a purpose and a reason. Even though characters may very well get maimed or possibly killed.
Yes, my:

/accidental meta-game

worked. :twisted:

On the serious note:

Injury may fall under what the character that injured the other may do. At that moment, she/he may finish the injured character, let the character leave, leave him/herself, or the simple knock out.
The points made are extremely good, if you're going into Durotar, you don't need a character warning in my book.

Infact, if Aldridge caught any of ya Horde Scallywags in Elwynn, you'd be 'angin'
Aye, that's how I tend to look at it. You need no warning if you are willingly placing your characters near enemies.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Perhaps Aldridge could take a wander into the forest some time. LOL
Being bald automatically makes me an 'Ard man.

But aye, all the same, doing stupid things, spying...stalking...insulting etc, I'll give you a warning before I break your back.

Acting like the Big-I-Am, drawing your sword and holding it up at me, No warning.

Wandering into opposite faction's territory, No warning.

Common Sense, eh.
You should add stalking in.

If you are stalking a group of people, then seriously, expect injury or even death. You put yourself into the situation, you knew what could happen.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Discussion: Killing Characters Xigo 24 3,995 06-20-2013, 02:13 AM
Last Post: Kimaira
  [WIP] Service After Death: A Death Knight Guide SachikoMaeda 43 6,152 02-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Last Post: SachikoMaeda
  Nothing is certain but death and taxes, but stop killing! Theik 19 3,128 04-26-2009, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Jeff
  Killing of players In-game. Dreklas 3 890 10-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Crackbone
  Reminder: LFG Channel (Edited from old) Bolshe 12 1,589 08-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Bolshe