The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Stormwind Guard and Rogues
Hi, I'm new here and this is to sort of help me with my introduction story and to satisfy my curiosity.

I just finished looking at the Stormwind Guard in the articles and guides and it said that they needed a warrent for this and that. But what if they knew this person was dealing with illegal goods but couldn't get a warrent on him to get evidence. Would they hire a rogue off the streets? Would SI:7 lend them a rogue temporarily? Could they do that?
The Guard can do a lot of things many people don't find particularly friendly. They don't usually get aid from the SI (They can, however, in some cases.) and they don't usually tell anyone who isn't a guard to arrest someone, but I'm pretty sure they can beat someone if they think his second cousin's best friend is trying to undermine the state.
Thanks this will help me in my story but it the fact that it may be stretching the realism so far is my only concern. Also if someone where to jump into the canals to escape the guards then what do they do?
That's happened before actually. We had the guards post archers around the area and try to shoot the criminal when he came up for air.

Edit: Though really this is only based on what's gone down so far on the server. Obviously things can be different.
Ok thanks for the information.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feedback on an Event Idea; The White Stormwind Act Zenethen 1 738 12-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Last Post: Nikodemos
  Death Guard Tabard mangaboy111 1 880 11-07-2012, 06:30 AM
Last Post: Aethon
  Stormwind Divided McKnighter 63 9,598 11-21-2011, 11:41 AM
Last Post: ImagenAshyun
  An Idea on rogues Miah 3 1,148 11-28-2010, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Wuvvums
  Guard's and Rules in a city. Miah 13 2,611 08-04-2010, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Arrillion