The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Stormwind Divided
So, a little idea popped into my head while I was asleep. Herp.

After playing Saints Row: The Third, I suppose this is where I got the core of the idea.

Effectively, Stormwind is a rather large city, no? Well, where there are large amounts of citizens, crime soon follows to take advantage of others. Gangs are formed together in order to be more successful, and soon you have organized crime lords ruling over entire districts.

Stormwind will be split up by its districts, four of them being the home base of their own different gang, mafia family, vigilante group, political party, noble House, whatever.

Below is a picture of Stormwind, divided up with Paint. Each of the districts circled in a color shows that a single 'gang' can set up shop in the area. Districts that are circled in white are the 'guards and citizens', effectively 'neutral' zones that can be influenced to be under the control of a single gang. Here's the map.

Spoiler:
[Image: 829140-worldmap_stormwind_super.jpg]

So, since I don't want to set out the gang's purposes, I want to leave the concept up to you. You make your own 'gang', submit me the idea, and I'll most likely approved it if you're going to be committed to the guild. Now, really, I have no say if you just make the guild anyways, but what I want to do is to create a character -just- for your guild. I'll be your first member, and I'll be trying to DM over events that either I'll randomly host for your gang or you'll plan out. Of course, I'm not a GM, so I'm not exactly allow to control NPC's that are named and such, but we can use our imagination and pretend half the characters out. Perhaps if this gets enough attention, we'll get GM support, but for now I don't really plan on asking for it.

To be unbiased, all my characters will only stay at the lowest ranking. Not to mention I'll be busy. :P

So, the general format for your guild is below. Feel free to PM it to me, then go ahead and make a guild thread out of it!

Gang Name:
Gang Leader:
Gang Color(Optional):
Gang's Beliefs:
Gang's Goals:
Other:

A few ideas for gangs that have came to my mind is a Communism/Commoner's Party-like gang, another is a vigilante group trying to fight fire with fire. I'm sure you all will wow me!

I'd love to have additional support in helping me oversee all this, so if you're willing, do send me a PM!

As for any concerns with, "Hey, the guards will stop you." Yes, most likely they will if we try to murder each other in the streets. That's why you're a bit more tactful and stealthy about your criminal matters, and a bribe to a guard to ignore a beat down of someone in Old Town isn't too far out of the question.

As for that, feel free to hammer away with questions, concerns, ideas, etc.
I was pretty unsure of this before I got down to this;

Quote:As for any concerns with, "Hey, the guards will stop you." Yes, most likely they will if we try to murder each other in the streets. That's why you're a bit more tactful and stealthy about your criminal matters, and a bribe to a guard to ignore a beat down of someone in Old Town isn't too far out of the question.

Alright, I can get behind this. My initial comment was going to be on how the gangs would need to have a good measure of subtelty, but it seems that you've already factored that in. I would note though that it would likely be better to lead people down a dark alley than to bribe a guard, though.
I like the idea but you must have some things in mind:

First, if there are four gangs as shown in the picture, it will eventually lead to gang wars which will manifest in full blown out violence. When that happens, people on all sides will die.

Second, one or all of the gangs might step on the wrong people's toes, people who might decide to just make an example out of them and wipe them out the first chance they get.

In any case, my point is that there is a high chance for character death so you might want to put it up there for people to see, just so you don't have to deal with the so unpleasant effects of drama.
Hmm...Consider me greatly interested.

I might end up taking the 'vigilante' gang idea and heading it with a death knight (Just cause, for the most part xD). But I'll see how the interests pan out. Might I suggest however staying away from 'Noble houses' and 'Mafia's' as the basis for certain gangs...because then things would just end up unbalanced.

For instance, Noble House is therefore stupidly rich. Throw money at everything to bribe guards, purchase buildings and generally dominate areas of the town so that other gangs find it impossible to do anything in them. I suppose it isn't subtle, but I'm just saying...

I hope this turns out like Necromunda. If it does, Do Want...SOOOOOOO Do Want.
Spoiler:

'Whats your LuckyDo?'

Desperate for some rp? Try the resident of OOC for a change!

http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread-I-can-has-rp

I can't make a legitimate post or anything at the moment since I'm using an itouch to throw this up... But this idea has been done before, and it was quite a bit of fun. I used to play the Harbor Gang, thus dubbed "The Breakwater Bandits."
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
(11-16-2011, 08:08 AM)Avitz Wrote: I hope this turns out like Necromunda. If it does, Do Want...SOOOOOOO Do Want.

Speaking of Necromunda, if you guys want, I could start a 'gang' which is a group of guards specifically trying to bring a halt to this whole thing before it gets out of hand. With their forces being relatively small, they'll probably just end up being a thorn in the side of each gang to have to deal with.

To represent the 'Enforcers'.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
(11-16-2011, 06:22 AM)Rigley Wrote: I was pretty unsure of this before I got down to this;

Quote:As for any concerns with, "Hey, the guards will stop you." Yes, most likely they will if we try to murder each other in the streets. That's why you're a bit more tactful and stealthy about your criminal matters, and a bribe to a guard to ignore a beat down of someone in Old Town isn't too far out of the question.

Alright, I can get behind this. My initial comment was going to be on how the gangs would need to have a good measure of subtelty, but it seems that you've already factored that in. I would note though that it would likely be better to lead people down a dark alley than to bribe a guard, though.

Right. You won't be able to bribe all the guards, as there only so many corrupt, and you're bound to find some hero-wanna-be and will try to take you all then and there. It'll be... Interesting, to see how it all plays out.

(11-16-2011, 06:56 AM)BK201 Wrote: I like the idea but you must have some things in mind:

First, if there are four gangs as shown in the picture, it will eventually lead to gang wars which will manifest in full blown out violence. When that happens, people on all sides will die.

Second, one or all of the gangs might step on the wrong people's toes, people who might decide to just make an example out of them and wipe them out the first chance they get.

In any case, my point is that there is a high chance for character death so you might want to put it up there for people to see, just so you don't have to deal with the so unpleasant effects of drama.

Yes, it is highly advised that you create entire new characters for this concept, as death is very likely and chances are that you're going to grab a priest or paladin is slim to none.

I'll try to make sure that there won't be any complete 'wipe-outs' of gangs in the early states. It will still have to be agreed between the two gangs if they want a 'gang war', where death will be caused. Though, I don't want the whole killing aspect to be the focus. If you send a guy who has both his legs broken, missing a few fingers, and the such, wouldn't that be sending a bigger message? "Screw with us, and we're going to make you -wish- we killed you." Anyhow, I'm sure people will be mature enough to handle it.

(11-16-2011, 09:06 AM)Xigo Wrote:
(11-16-2011, 08:08 AM)Avitz Wrote: I hope this turns out like Necromunda. If it does, Do Want...SOOOOOOO Do Want.

Speaking of Necromunda, if you guys want, I could start a 'gang' which is a group of guards specifically trying to bring a halt to this whole thing before it gets out of hand. With their forces being relatively small, they'll probably just end up being a thorn in the side of each gang to have to deal with.

To represent the 'Enforcers'.

That would be interesting to have. I was hoping that once the gang stuff started to happen, guilds from outside would take an interest. Enforcers could be a core of goody-two-shoes trying to right the wrongs... Or, be a brand of corrupted guards looking to benefit from it all. Perhaps a mixture of both. I'd like to see it happen, Xigo.
I had the exact same idea! :D

I already have a gang idea, the Sons of Toxicity.

EDIT: Please, please! May I get the harbor? =3
Could be quite fun for nole-side RP as well to dip its toes into this, for influence, fun or virtue.

You can't have too many goons.
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
Quick Post Streak: 2! :D

So, I got this idea. Due to me having led the Brotherhood of Thieves in Stormwind back pre-restart and it eventually splitting into my gang and the Frostbloods AT THE MOMENT, what if all the gangs had once been in the Brotherhood? It used to be a big organization, with only its main hub in SW. We could all be split gangs that try to restore themselves as the boss. Just an idea, comments?

For more info: Sons of Toxicity and The Brotherhood
(11-16-2011, 12:08 PM)Dareksar Wrote: Quick Post Streak: 2! :D

So, I got this idea. Due to me having led the Brotherhood of Thieves in Stormwind back pre-restart and it eventually splitting into my gang and the Frostbloods AT THE MOMENT, what if all the gangs had once been in the Brotherhood? It used to be a big organization, with only its main hub in SW. We could all be split gangs that try to restore themselves as the boss. Just an idea, comments?

For more info: Sons of Toxicity and The Brotherhood

It seems fine enough, though that is up to the leaders of the gangs if they wished to do something like that. I just oversee everything to make sure all is having fun. :)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exGJsv6ZNlo[/youtube]

... *cough*
[Image: tumblr_mjjxhcqmG51qh076xo1_250.png]
I had to watch that movie two years ago.

Reese, all of my love, and all of my hate.
I am so sad to see this. I wanted to form a gang with Bastos... except he's a blood elf.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
(11-16-2011, 01:56 PM)imagenashyun Wrote: I am so sad to see this. I wanted to form a gang with Bastos... except he's a blood elf.

Make him a high elf. (lolwut)

Sorry. :( A Silvermoon gang would be something nice to try out, but there's not enough Sin'dorei for a gang to be effective, and they'd be rooted out.

Could always make human version of Bastos..?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feedback on an Event Idea; The White Stormwind Act Zenethen 1 738 12-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Last Post: Nikodemos
  Getting RP out of Stormwind Grakor456 60 8,303 10-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Last Post: Grakor456
  Stormwind Guard and Rogues Baldwin 4 985 07-25-2009, 10:24 AM
Last Post: Baldwin
  Pets in stormwind. Heroforgotten 12 1,811 05-24-2009, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Greth
  Law in Stormwind Gricca 4 1,243 04-18-2009, 04:59 AM
Last Post: Theik