The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A request.
To quote Bob Kelso:

"Heya. My name is Bob Kelso and I like whores. Now, why did I introduce myself like that? Because there is a time and place for the truth."

With the new DK system in, there's now a lot more DKs. A lot more. Some people aren't going to like it, some are. This has happened time and time again, with things such as too much Stormwind RP, or too many Blood Elves, or too many Alliance characters in general. Whenever there's a lot of something, there's always a few people who simply don't like it. Not that I'm not guilty of it, of course, but that's a story for another time.

This goes onto my actual point, of people BITCHING about it in the Chat channel. Please, guys. Be adults here. It gets VERY irritating and aggrivating whenever people start complaining about it in the Chat channels. Myself, and I'm sure a lot of players on the server, are getting quite sick of hearing "ZOMG THERE'S TOO MANY FUCKIN <insert race/class> HERE". So PLEASE, for the love of God and lower risk of OOC drama, if you want to complain about a concentration of <insert race/class> here, atleast do it in private with people who are going to complain with you.

You're forgetting that with all trends, they WILL eventually die some. So please... shut up, and keep it to yourself or people who give a damn.

/end rant

EDIT: And if you don't think this is bad... someone had to reroll their fucking class because of this constant, petty arguing.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Hawk Wrote:To quote Bob Kelso:

"Heya. My name is Bob Kelso and I like whores. Now, why did I introduce myself like that? Because there is a time and place for the truth."

With the new DK system in...yourself.

/end rant

Ignore the horrible pun that that brings to mind, please. I just didn't want to spam the size of this thread with it...

Anyway. Here here!
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
[Image: c4i6Zq5.png]
Agreed 100%. I myself am definitely guilty of the whole.. not liking when there's alot of one thing(What? I don't like BElves!), but I've never basically -griefed- someone because of it. When someone logs in thinking "Oh man, I get to try a new <race/class> and get some different RP in." and all they are met with is a spam of Chat saying "WTF ANOTHER <race/class>" that just completely kills their motivation to RP, or even look at the character.

Sure, maybe they weren't gonna like it, but maybe they were. We're here to RP. We're all adults(or at least.. kinda adults) and should respect someone's decision to play that race or class they want. Show your fellow players respect. Pretty sure it's a rule. Badgering people about it en masse, in my opinion anyway, is pretty much harassment. Which is -against- the rules. If someone is -rerolling- because he/she can't stand to see "ANOTHER <race/class>" then there's a biiiiig problem.

People need to grow up. And I've yelled at people for complaining there were too many Alliance/Horde on, too. People play what they want. Things go in trends, people go where the RP seems to be. It happens, and ends. There is -no- reason to bother someone, especially in public for all others to see, because -you- think there is too many of whatever it is they're playing.

/endrant
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Wonder how many people are going to b***h because of the mass of Worgen/Goblin characters...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Mikain Wrote:Wonder how many people are going to b***h because of the mass of Worgen/Goblin characters...

Three point seventy-three.

Also.. I do assume it's annoying and I will try not to do so.
Little by little, one travels far.
Well, lets be honest here, there are a few ways to get more alliance if everyone is a horde. One way, which is rather blunt and inappropriate is to say that there's too much horde and more people have to get on the alliance. Another way is to just promote the Alliance through events and other little things. Thing is, the second option is almost absolutely ineffective, leaving players little choice. When the second option fails and they impliment the first option, they get yelled at by, well, you guys. Then their stuck.

The best strategy is the second option, or you can just join along with the mainstream crowd, and when you get friends, get the idea "Lets go on the Alliance", and that might help the population balanced out.
[Image: Calvin_and_Hobbes_hug_by_Humongous_E.png]
Sourpuddle Wrote:Well, lets be honest here, there are a few ways to get more alliance if everyone is a horde. One way, which is rather blunt and inappropriate is to say that there's too much horde and more people have to get on the alliance. Another way is to just promote the Alliance through events and other little things. Thing is, the second option is almost absolutely ineffective, leaving players little choice. When the second option fails and they impliment the first option, they get yelled at by, well, you guys. Then their stuck.

The best strategy is the second option, or you can just join along with the mainstream crowd, and when you get friends, get the idea "Lets go on the Alliance", and that might help the population balanced out.
No, that first way should never be an option. At least in my own opinion, it breaks rules of respecting and not harassing your fellow player, and it's just dick. There's no reason for it. Bothering someone because they're trying a new thing should never happen. The second option should be tried by some people, but hey. And we're not talking Alliance vs. Horde, we're just talking about something that was put out for players to try and people think that because -they're- not one of the 'conformists' that they have a right to pretty much yell at the people for playing something that they may not agree with. It's wrong and just shouldn't happen. People are allowed to swarm Death Knights or Blood Elves or whatever it may be. The trend dies down later, it passes, another one comes up. But c'mon. Seriously. How would people feel if they logged on to that multiple times in one day? Or over the course of a week? It's BS and needs to stop. It shouldn't have even started.
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Ooooh mind the language there are children here!

My position, not important:
Spoiler:
As for this topic: I dont think the DK rush 2.0 is a big deal unless you make it so. Just because DKs have been unrestricted, doesnt want to make me make a new one or something but some people are like [caution:I embellish and over exaggerate] "OMG DKS ARE THE BEST THNG SINCE SLICED BREAD". tbh DK's have rarely presented me any good RP BUT I try to remain as open-minded and flexible as possible. Personally, I want Dalaran RP, and I've asked...1 person, but still, I'm going to try and RP there, or at least invite people to try it too. If that doesn't work, I've always got a backup plan. I've got loads of characters I can't play b/c of how the chain of RP is at any moment, but they all fit in at one point or another.

So, um, there is a conflict. Fret not! For those who do not like the flow of things, know this: I feel your pain. I may not publicly quoteonquote 'b***h' about anything. (ok ill do it on the downlow every once and a while and you may or may not notice it lol) Just remember, your here for the things you like, not the things you dont. (Some guys quote) So dont capitalize on the nega-energy when you can do something a lot more constructive and shift the GREAT CHAIN to what you like to do, and it doesnt matter where the chain ends up, b/c you can always find RP you'll enjoy on a server completely dedicated to Role playing. (Yeah try that shaif on retail.) ------ (Part 1 of my solution)

To those who dont like being criticized on the best thing since sliced bread: Do not fret also! For if my previous advice is taken, not only do you have an alternate source of RP energy, you will no longer be bothered! ---------- (Part 2 of my solution)

To summarize: Try and enjoy yourself regardless of what else is going on. Nobody can make you stop doing that. [YET]
ಠ_ಠ : Like Fo Fi Cops.
The sheer fact that a thread like this had to be made, is in all truth, extremely disappointing. Our players are more mature than this; and when it comes to the degree that a player feels coerced into rerolling another class due to incessant, derogatory remarks and nitpicking - this is not nice. By not nice, I mean it is inexcusable; and by inexcusable, I would be willing to show those players the door if they can't refrain from showing the slightest courtesy due to a decision that was made out of the sole trust of our playerbase, to lift a class restriction due to the trust that we have in the maturity of our community.

When the Chat channel begins to fill with nonsensical rages because of class preferences of our players; take your remarks elsewhere, as they are not welcome here. From this point forward; if the same kind of rudeness is made to our players, let us know. We have no qualms on cleaning house.

We will not warn you.
We will ban you.
[corners=forumbg forumbg-table][table=tablebg table1][thead][tr=0][th=4]Character Information[/th][/tr][/thead][tbody][tr=bg1][td=1,]Name[/td][td=1,]Affiliation[/td][td=1,]Status[/td][td=1,]Title[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Ivy Killinger[/td][td=1,]The Lodestone Company[/td][td=1,]Inebriated[/td][td=1,]Drunken Fightin' Wench[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Uulari[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][td=1,]Seer[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Vyrsallia Scythefall[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][td=1,]Guttersnipe and Ne'erdowell[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/corners]
[Image: badge.jpg]
I'm a Shaman? Really? Huh.
It's gotten that bad this fast? Wow.

I'm guilty of poking people in the eye for making a race/class, but as far as I know, none of them have rerolled... Mission failed Evil

However, my uber-quick, abridged opinion on RPing DKs is this: Arthas was not really worried about race when he evil-rezzed the DKs. If someone has a Draenei/NightElf/Tauren DK, it shouldn't matter. They were once his mindless knights and when they were freed, it's not like they DIDN'T just go through a faith-traumatizing event. A DK's race shouldn't even matter, imo.
The word of the day is "Legs". Now go forth and spread the word!
[Image: 5SRU.gif]
I think I love you.

Is that okay?

~Someone who should have kept that a secret.

Edit. I love Rubykuby.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ikv7TI87io[/youtube]

Right, all who whine about races and classes, these are usually just temporary. Can't live with it? Ragequit or make a popular race/class yourself. Nuff said.
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
A lung disease caused by the inhalation of very fine silica dust, causing inflammation in the lungs.
NoSecrets Wrote:I think I love you.

Is that okay?

~Someone who should have kept that a secret.

Hooray! 8D I has a happy nao.

But yeah. If I've ever made a comment, it's usually like a "EW, Elvez!" type thing in a joking manner. I don't actually have a go at them for making the character. That's just uncool.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Well i can tell why there is alot of activity in stormwind.

If most of you didnt no recently a guild has been remade The Lions League, and we pride ourself in keeping storwind hence the reason why there quite alot of activity there, people go /who "Oh loads of people are in stormwind i'll go there" and then loads of people pop our of no where looking to rp, but you cant blame them rp is awsome.

And about this stupid race thing who cares what race they pick its there character so really it shouldn't concern you because you character has diffrent opinions than you and he would not even notice a new toon because he cant know
Ermmm... i might be rambling abit but jeez.... people lighten up, put it this way new people = new opportunities, the more the merrier i say.

I admit im i've been here 3 or 4 days, but yeah its there decision that shouldnt really affect the way you rp.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Initial approval request/question. hyenaskate 11 1,864 12-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Last Post: hyenaskate
  Request for something (In-Game!) Jaella 21 3,125 11-03-2010, 07:49 AM
Last Post: SpiralLateralus
  Request for rpitems! Miah 1 697 09-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Guest
  A Request for Clarification rentreality 103 16,421 11-24-2009, 05:07 AM
Last Post: Caiden
  Return and Request Talal 3 752 06-25-2009, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Talal