The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Forum Time-Outs?
I know this isn't about a game account, but it's still.. annoying. Every now and then when I try to visit the forum, the page ends up dead. Saying it took the page too long to respond, refreshing doesn't help either. The only thing that does is waiting for like.. 2~3 minutes, before reloading the page. Then it works for a bit, before dying again. The game itself connects fine and runs perfectly, I've tried using IE which only made it worse. I normally (like now) use firefox to connect here.

Also ran a tracert to the site, and in the end it get's really laggy. :? It hops from 21 ms, to 95, to over 100.

[attachment=0]

Anyone else has this? Or has any clue how to fix this?
Quote:Perhaps one day, at a new sight,
We will search again for that light.
Hold it close, between our arms,
Listen again, to the priestess her charms.
- Me, in a poetry named "The Priestess."
Well, here's my list of possible reasons.
  • ● Your internet connection is bad. You see, the way internet browsers connect and the WoW client connects are different; The WoW client can negate short lag spikes.
    ● Something is wrong entirely with your connection to the forum server; it's too far, however the server the game is run on is different and so is a different connection that may be faster.
    ● Your client sucks, switch to a better client (Firefox is great but can have some lag spikes...)
[Image: divider1.png][Image: char1hidden.png][Image: divider2.png][Image: animated.gif][Image: divider3.png][Image: char3hidden.png][Image: divider4.png][Image: char4hidden.png][Image: divider5.png][Image: char5hidden.png][Image: divider6.png]
Email at Hero_Lief@yahoo.
HeroLief Wrote:

Oh look, some amazingly, intelligent young forum-goer has helped you with narrowing down the burdening choice of what browser to use.

You should follow his advice.

Seriously though? Used to use FF, now use Opera, it's the best browser I've used to date. If it doesn't fix your problem I owe you 10 gold.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
HeroLief Wrote:Well, here's my list of possible reasons.
  • ● Your internet connection is bad. You see, the way internet browsers connect and the WoW client connects are different; The WoW client can negate short lag spikes.
    ● Something is wrong entirely with your connection to the forum server; it's too far, however the server the game is run on is different and so is a different connection that may be faster.
    ● Your client sucks, switch to a better client (Firefox is great but can have some lag spikes...)

Possible, I've always used Firefox from the first day. I'm going to try out Opera first seeing there's gold to be earned. Might also be this crappy router seeing wireless is a pain in the behind.. I'm on cable though, direct open connection with that thing.

The second reason however is something I'm not hoping for.. I doubt I can do anything if that's the problem? Just means I'm stuck with these annoying time outs. Today their horribly on a side note, took me 10 minutes or so to actually get to this page again.

Thanks though, hopefully Opera fixes it.

Edit: Alright, installed Opera and currently trying that. I at least got on the forum without a disconnect, though some lag while filling out my username/password and scrolling up and down on the forum doesn't look too promising. I actually got some lag while typing this, aka my fingers are faster then the letters/words show up at my screen >.> But hey, no time out.. yet.
Do you share your internet with anyone?
[Image: Signature.png]
Vrahn Wrote:Do you share your internet with anyone?

Sort off, I've got a wireless connection up and running as well which my mother uses at times. But still, I doubt she'll suck all the internet away on her laptop. Unless I'm mistaken.. :?

Edit:

Quote:Seriously though? Used to use FF, now use Opera, it's the best browser I've used to date. If it doesn't fix your problem I owe you 10 gold.

Keep the 10 gold, it fixed the forum time out it seems. It makes it impossible to properly watch youtube, or to make that browser actually save my login information. It seems to be too dumb for that seeing each time I log in into youtube, it ignores the fact that I just logged in and still doesn't show my account.. It fixed the time outs, but cmon man? lol. Also had severe crashes when actually opening more then 6 tabs, and send in like.. 4 error reports to them in 5 minutes. :mrgreen: At least the forum time outs are gone for now.
Right, yes. Safari may not have fixed it, but Chrome would have. I use that now. We have about twelve computers connecting to the same line at home. I have blazingly fast speeds. And I'm using Chrome. I've also found Opera to be an amazing browser; I just personally don't like it's interface.

Maulbane Wrote:Oh look, some amazingly, intelligent young forum-goer has helped you with narrowing down the burdening choice of what browser to use.

Thanks for the compliment, Maulbane. ^_^
[Image: divider1.png][Image: char1hidden.png][Image: divider2.png][Image: animated.gif][Image: divider3.png][Image: char3hidden.png][Image: divider4.png][Image: char4hidden.png][Image: divider5.png][Image: char5hidden.png][Image: divider6.png]
Email at Hero_Lief@yahoo.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone else the whole forum? Psychyn 1 671 01-07-2012, 07:43 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Wow.. Long time no see.. (Downpatching) CallMeMelissa 6 1,491 08-21-2011, 04:01 AM
Last Post: Spiky
  Elapsed Time 10 1,720 09-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Guest