The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Realmlist Issue
I have read all of the information on how to get started on connecting to the server, yet I am still having some issues. First, I moved my realmlist.wtf out of the data folder and put in the new realmlist with the correct CotH information.

set realmlist coth.game-host.org
set patchlist coth.game-host.org
set realmlistbn ""
set portal us

That still didn't work so I deleted my normal realmlist.wtf file and tried again. It seemed to still try to be connecting me to retail WoW. As a last resort, I deleted every realmlist file on my computer, including the CotH and PTR ones. I am STILL able to log onto my retail account without any realmlist.wtf files on my computer. I've searched, and I've gone through every folder in my WoW folder. There is not a single one left on my computer, and yet I can still log into WoW as normal.

Can I get some help with this?
I have read all of the information on how to get started on connecting to the server, yet I am still having some issues. First, I moved my realmlist.wtf out of the data folder and put in the new realmlist with the correct CotH information.

set realmlist coth.game-host.org
set patchlist coth.game-host.org
set realmlistbn ""
set portal us

That still didn't work so I deleted my normal realmlist.wtf file and tried again. It seemed to still try to be connecting me to retail WoW. As a last resort, I deleted every realmlist file on my computer, including the CotH and PTR ones. I am STILL able to log onto my retail account without any realmlist.wtf files on my computer. I've searched, and I've gone through every folder in my WoW folder. There is not a single one left on my computer, and yet I can still log into WoW as normal.

Can I get some help with this?
I don't think you've created an introduction yet... If not, you need to or you can't play on the server, and I don't think it's possible to create an account at all without one (Though I may be wrong)

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
I don't think you've created an introduction yet... If not, you need to or you can't play on the server, and I don't think it's possible to create an account at all without one (Though I may be wrong)

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
I created an introduction a few hours ago. Whether or not it needs to be approved for me to be able to log in doesn't really solve the fact that I'm still able to log onto retail without a single realmlist on my computer. I'm so confused.
I created an introduction a few hours ago. Whether or not it needs to be approved for me to be able to log in doesn't really solve the fact that I'm still able to log onto retail without a single realmlist on my computer. I'm so confused.
Perhaps, assuming you have the space, reinstall your Warcraft into another directory area, immediately change the realm list and try from there. WoW looks to your realmlist first and only there to see it's port direction to the server. If you don't have enough space to install it again, perhaps simply uninstall and reinstall the entire program?
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
Perhaps, assuming you have the space, reinstall your Warcraft into another directory area, immediately change the realm list and try from there. WoW looks to your realmlist first and only there to see it's port direction to the server. If you don't have enough space to install it again, perhaps simply uninstall and reinstall the entire program?
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
I do appreciate the help, but I think I will wait a while to see what kind of responses I can get. Installing WoW is a process which takes several hours.

I just don't understand how I can connect to WoW without a realmlist. What else could be telling the game to find the live servers?

Edit- Sigh...ignore this post. Apparently WoW has the ability to log into the game with a different realmlist if I am incapable of logging into the servers that realmlist takes me too. I had to create my account AFTER the approval, and once that was done, WoW correctly followed the realmlist. I feel like such a tard. I just didn't expect to be able to go anywhere without a realmlist.
"...naaaa." She bleated, suddenly very wooly and small.

-Anna
I do appreciate the help, but I think I will wait a while to see what kind of responses I can get. Installing WoW is a process which takes several hours.

I just don't understand how I can connect to WoW without a realmlist. What else could be telling the game to find the live servers?

Edit- Sigh...ignore this post. Apparently WoW has the ability to log into the game with a different realmlist if I am incapable of logging into the servers that realmlist takes me too. I had to create my account AFTER the approval, and once that was done, WoW correctly followed the realmlist. I feel like such a tard. I just didn't expect to be able to go anywhere without a realmlist.
"...naaaa." She bleated, suddenly very wooly and small.

-Anna
I suggest you do a realmlist search on your pc.
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
Bertrand Russell
I suggest you do a realmlist search on your pc.
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
Bertrand Russell
Realmlists are a very tricky business.
If you have not tried it yet make sure the .wtf file containing the CotH information is titled
" realmlist.wtf " and rename/delete the realmlist you don't plan on using.

Simple solution to get over deletion anxiety:
To make life easier, you can just have a notepad document with both the WoW Retail and CotH realmlist information, and then just copy et pastel it into the orignal realmlist.wtf.

Other Ideas:
1. Make sure your on the correct patch
2. That realmlist.wtf is in the correct location
3. Note that updating/depatching/repairing resets realmlist.wtf.

Log-In Screen Issues:
Error: "Invalid Version"
Cause: realmlist.wtf is invalid, or you are not on the proper patch.
What to do:
Patch Issue - Start patching up/down to current server patch. You can google or search the
forums for useful guides that ensure your program files don't end up curropt.
Realmlist Issue - Check your realmlist.wtf with the tips mentioned above.

Error: "Invalid Username and Password"
Cause: Not having an account or logging in to wrong server.
How to know if you are on the wrong server: Try logging in with your retail account, if it works, you are facing purley realmlist.wtf (or wow.exe issues if you use a copy of WoW)
What to Do:
Account Issue - Post an introduction and create an account.
Realmlist Issue - Check tips mentioned above
WoW.Exe Issue - Go into program files and find the wow folder with the realmlist of the server your trying to log into. Use the WoW.exe icon to enter the log-in screen. If you don't have one use search to find it. If all else fails, repair WoW.

If this is not the issue, I hope you find a resolution. Can't wait to see you on the server!
Realmlists are a very tricky business.
If you have not tried it yet make sure the .wtf file containing the CotH information is titled
" realmlist.wtf " and rename/delete the realmlist you don't plan on using.

Simple solution to get over deletion anxiety:
To make life easier, you can just have a notepad document with both the WoW Retail and CotH realmlist information, and then just copy et pastel it into the orignal realmlist.wtf.

Other Ideas:
1. Make sure your on the correct patch
2. That realmlist.wtf is in the correct location
3. Note that updating/depatching/repairing resets realmlist.wtf.

Log-In Screen Issues:
Error: "Invalid Version"
Cause: realmlist.wtf is invalid, or you are not on the proper patch.
What to do:
Patch Issue - Start patching up/down to current server patch. You can google or search the
forums for useful guides that ensure your program files don't end up curropt.
Realmlist Issue - Check your realmlist.wtf with the tips mentioned above.

Error: "Invalid Username and Password"
Cause: Not having an account or logging in to wrong server.
How to know if you are on the wrong server: Try logging in with your retail account, if it works, you are facing purley realmlist.wtf (or wow.exe issues if you use a copy of WoW)
What to Do:
Account Issue - Post an introduction and create an account.
Realmlist Issue - Check tips mentioned above
WoW.Exe Issue - Go into program files and find the wow folder with the realmlist of the server your trying to log into. Use the WoW.exe icon to enter the log-in screen. If you don't have one use search to find it. If all else fails, repair WoW.

If this is not the issue, I hope you find a resolution. Can't wait to see you on the server!
The reason it connected you to Retail was because realmlist.wtf isn't the only place the realmlist is contained in. It's also contained in the WTF folder in a file called "Config.WTF". I've only recently been dealing with this, so I don't know too much as to how it functions that way.

Ahh, good to see you got it working.
[Image: divider1.png][Image: char1hidden.png][Image: divider2.png][Image: animated.gif][Image: divider3.png][Image: char3hidden.png][Image: divider4.png][Image: char4hidden.png][Image: divider5.png][Image: char5hidden.png][Image: divider6.png]
Email at Hero_Lief@yahoo.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Torrent File / Realmlist ? Rumus 5 1,601 04-08-2014, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Thoradin
  Loading issue Dug 17 3,044 06-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Reigen
  No realmlist frostnight 2 918 10-27-2012, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Sorum
  Can't get the CotH logon to come up, do I have the right realmlist? Geoni 7 1,393 06-12-2012, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  WoW patching - EU/US issue? Ebenezer 7 1,531 03-10-2012, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Ebenezer