The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Connecting for Idiots
Okay, I'm sure you've seen this alot but...
I just recently got my server account made, and I have been in a series of confusion ever since.
First, I did like it says, to delete Patch.MPQ, then ran repair. I think I didn't unclick the boxes on the left...
I did Scan and Fix or whatever it is...
Then when that was done, I started patching to what is said to, 3.2.2, then replaced the realmlist.
Now, when I tried to login, it get
UNABLE TO VALIDATE GAME VERSION
THIS MAY BE CAUSED BY A SCREWED FILE
NO GAME FOR YOU, JERK.

Pleeeeeaaaaassse Help me, I want to play. D:
3.2.2a, my boy. The a matters. You might be missing a patch.
[Image: lichkingfell.png]
How do you tell?
Do I have to re install WoW?
Grrrrr
No. Just run the next incremental patch. You can find mirrors over at WoWwiki and do it manually.

Just don't patch to 3.3.0.
But is that EXACTLY what is will say when you miss a patch?
Unable to validate game version?
OMG This makes me want to kill myself!!!!!!
When I run the download, I get
"Blizzard Updater was unable to start up.
This update requires "WoW.exe" version 3.2.2.10482. You have an older version, 3.2.0.10192."
There's your version, mate.

Patch up to 3.2.2 first, THEN 3.2.2a. You're on 3.2.0.
Took me forever...use the patch mirrors from the link provided. http://www.wowpedia.org/Patch_mirrors_(old_patches)
WELL STUPID ME PATCHED TO 3.3

I'm about to give up, doing this for like two days...
Listen, you CAN'T use the repair Exe to go from 3.2.2 to 3.2.2a, it is IMPOSSIBLE. Once you patch to 3.2.2 you MUST install the 3.2.2a patch mirror or you will go to 3.3
I DID, it said going to 3.2.2a while installing, then when I played it said 3.3....
There can be multile reasons why: Did you downgrade incorrectly? Were you downgraded to begin with? Did you accidently install the wrong patch? Did you use the launch instead of the WoW eXe?

Ask yourself those questions and if you can anwser all those and still have troubles, I'll write up a detailed guide for you.
Aye.
As the title indicates, I am a total retard when it comes to dealing with this, so I'm sure I screwed it somehow...
Step one. Go to your WoW folder and find the following files: Patch MPQ and Patch 2 MPQ. Delete them.

Step two. Run the wow repair, Uncheck all the boxes on the left hand side of the screen and press check files only, you'll be prompted that your wow must revert to an older version, allow this.

Step three. Let the repair run until it's finished. Afterwards open up your launcher.

Step four. Let your wow automatically update to patch 3.2.

Step four. When you see the patch notes for patch 3.3 GO NO FURTHER, CLOSE THE LAUNCHER. Go to http://www.wowpedia.org/Patch_mirrors_(old_patches) and download anything past patch 3.2 (Stop when the next upgrade is patch 3.3 obviously.)

Step five. Change your realmlist to the following:
set realmlist coth.game-host.org
set patchlist coth.game-host.org

And don't forget, NEVER use the launcher to run CotH, use wow.exe in your wow folder.
Thanks, I'll try it.
I should have started it before I went to church > . >

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problem connecting to Wiki Whorak 3 1,189 10-24-2014, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Whorak
  Connecting and Installing WoW Rythorne 20 3,101 10-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Nikodemos
  Connecting to COTH Juzin94 2 803 08-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Juzin94
  Guys! I need help connecting! [Mikey is a nubface and can't read] mikeysnonsense 5 1,390 05-11-2012, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Reigen
  Need help connecting to the server. MadMudMan 1 681 04-22-2012, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Kretol