The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A question on Warlocks...
I was wondering if warlocks were outlawed on the Alliance side. Is it that they are just strongly hated but tolerated, or is it that they are so despised that they would be killed on sight?
A rose? But I'm still moving, aren't I? This isn't my funeral just yet.
~Valary Bane
It depends on which race you go to. In Stormwind, warlocks are pretty much outlawed and killed on sight. They're forced to convene in secret.

Gnomes are the most likely Alliance race to be accepting of a warlock, but this is out of curiosity rather than tolerance for evil.
[Image: lichkingfell.png]
Thank you very much :)
~Valary Bane
Moose Wrote:killed on sight

I thought that was Orgrimmar. Stormwind Guards will kill suspected warlocks w/o trial?
ಠ_ಠ : Like Fo Fi Cops.
Yes. Last I knew, Orgrimmar was less strict about it, but I don't know, heh.

Basically, in SW warlocks have to meet in secret basements, and locations that are discreet.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Does the imp's phase shift render it invisible or merely unable to be attacked?
~Valary Bane
He's translucent, and he can walk through walls, people, swords, fire.. anything really.
medusa333 Wrote:Does the imp's phase shift render it invisible or merely unable to be attacked?

I've seen them being invisible, and not. Translucent, yeah.

I guess it's pretty much up to how you RP it.

*Shrug*
Azheron's back in business. For reals.
They shift to a different plane, and are unable to be hurt by anything in this world, really. But they could be hurt if they returned to this plane and they were, say, inside a wall or something. But yeah.
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
I thought in Orgrimmar/Orcish warlocks were "officially" tolarated by the guards (and by Thrall). But unofficially, ie by angry mobs. They get easily killed, as the guards dont stop the mobs.
Lower the flags, a good man has passed.
He has reached the last of frontiers.
Lower the flags, down to half-mast.
For again the world has taken a turn for the worse.

My Gallery.
I find it extremely hard to believe that the orcs tolerate Warlocks, if you look at their history. Their race was enslaved by demons, their land ravaged by fel magics and their freedoms taken.. All because of warlocks.
The spirits abandoned them because of the warlocks as well.

The Burning Blade is kill on sight for demonic magic.. Why should any other warlock be different?
"Kill a man, and you are an assassin. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you are a god." - Beilby Porteus
They might not be shamans, but they are still heroes and warriors of the horde. Just because they were tainted by fel, that doesn't take away the years of service the older ones have given to keep the orcish race alive and well. A YOUNG orc warlock would probably be ify on killing or not, but the older ones... The ORIGINAL warlocks, were tricked into it, and didn't go about it willingly. It's not -their- fault that they're addicted.

Also, orcs are highly honor based, these older warlocks have fought battle after battle, and have not become consumed completely by the fel as the Burning Blade have. The orcs are probably -still- a part of the military, since they've been in war since they were young.

So, in my opinion, it would be based upon age, and level of corruption.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
According to some lore I read somewhere;
The orc warlocks often faivour fire magic (aka destruction), becouse of orcish warlock roots all lie in Shamanism.

But anyway. I think on orcish society warlocks would be more in the open. Perhaps less than in bood elven and undead societies, but still... They are part of the history, perhaps avoided and uncomfertable topic.

My Gallery.
From WoWWiki -
WoWWiki Wrote:In modern times, the orc warlocks still exist on the outskirts of the new horde, headed by Thrall. While they are looked down upon for their hand in handing their race over to the demons, they are still allowed more or less within the society as they have pledged to use their powers against the Legion and vowed never to succumb to its corruption.
I'm rather inclined to believe that, as I remember hearing/reading/something that warlocks were tolerated due to Thrall acknowledging their usefulness, or something like that.
That's what I remember reading too, and that orcs lean towards destructive magic over curses and summons.

Only race actively hunting down warlocks, and killing on sight are located in Stormwind.

My Gallery.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Warlocks using arcane Kenert 6 1,334 06-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Kenert
  On Uncorrupted Warlocks. shotzy 8 2,262 07-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Beltharean
  Warlocks, Tolerable. Not KoS. DiesUltime 29 3,925 03-10-2011, 06:33 AM
Last Post: BountyHunter
  Warlocks and their loyal companions: Souls. Kenert 10 1,751 12-21-2010, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Kage
  Blood Elf Warlocks Xigo 11 1,792 12-16-2010, 08:15 PM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel