The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Warlocks, Tolerable. Not KoS.
Quote:In most societies, the warlocks now live on the fringe of civilization, tolerated but not trusted. Human warlocks meet in secret in the basement of a bar in Stormwind. Thrall has expressed discomfort with the warlocks but understands the necessities in using them so he has allowed them the Cleft of Shadow. Conventional spell casters often see the warlock's magic as a vain attempt at increasing their own power.

From the WoW wiki. I've been sort of looking around at this since I've noticed a lot of people saying that Warlocks aren't tolerable within Stormwind or that it's illegal to be one, yadda yadda, but quite frankly, I think this isn't based on anything that I could find anywhere.

What does it mean to be tolerated but not trusted? Think of the Deathknights. People meet them with funny looks, but they are tolerated. They are underground with their habits. But it'd be obvious who they are. What they are.

Would they be killed on site? Not at all. They are that unspoken friend of the Alliance and Horde, like demon hunters for the Elves. They do dirty work, and are accepted to the point of not being hunted, but will meet scorn and possible social disgrace.

The KoS thing comes off as made up. If you guys can come up with something that states the contrary other than some made-up reason or a rumor, I'd be more than happy to concede the point. But interpretations without any sort of backing are invalid.

I've provided proof to my point! Do the same, please.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Warlock
Don't be offended by my avatar. It's not intended to be a handicap sticker, but a man with a gigantic butt.
The main difference between Warlocks and Death Knights is their choice. Warlocks had a choice to become practitioners of Fel Magic and binding demons of the Burning Legion to their will. Death Knights had no choice, they simply died, got reborn, trained and then broke free and returned to exact revenge on the Scourge. Also, Demon Hunters are hated by Kaldorei anyway, they don't have any use for them, they hate them.

Warlocks are KoS by the Alliance because look at their races. . .

Humans, the First and Second war happened due to Fel Magic and Warlocks. Many people died and their land was taken before being reclaimed.

Kaldorei, the Burning Legion came and destroyed their immortality and should I mention 'Felwood' and their intense hatred for the Arcane when Fel is worse?

Draenei, once again, Warlocks have been the bane of their very living and the reason they have been on the run. The Burning Legion, demons, warlocks, Fel users. Orcs, ruled by Warlocks, massacred them on Draenor.

Whilst it is mostly speculation, it makes perfect sense.
DiesUltime Wrote:They are that unspoken friend of the Alliance and Horde, like demon hunters for the Elves.
http://www.wowpedia.org/Warlock

Quick Derail. Just want to say something here; Demon Hunters would most likely be KoS in Kaldorei lands.

1) They look Demonic. Seriously, they have horns, claws, all that jazz.
2) The last thing most would remember of them, aka Illidan Stormrage, is them working with Azshara, who worked with Demons, once again working with the Demonic blah blah.
3) They go against what the Kaldorei stand for. They, essentially, fight fire with fire, and most Kaldorei mistake them.

Although, I do agree. My Orcish Warlock, Mak'ti, is openly a Warlock, but everybody knows that she rarely even casts spells any more. She just hobbles around Orgrimmar whining about Shaman and the Government.

But I do have a question: Would the same rule apply to controlled Demon?
That doesn't provide any evidence to the contrary of what was stated in the Wiki. If -anything-, Orcs should be the least tolerant of Fel magic, not the humans, since Orcs have had the most checkered past with encounters pertaining to demons and Warlocks.

When it comes to quests chains and the like, there isn't anything to suggest that anyone would kill a Warlock for being a Warlock. Would the tolerate a demon being summoned in the city? Probably not, just as they wouldn't tolerate a Deathknight feeding in the middle of the Auction house either.

As for Draenei and Elves, it's sort of a moot point. At this juncture they cannot learn to be Warlocks, so there would be no forseeable reason one would happen to wander in their areas other than to cause conflict.

So again, it states they are tolerated, but not -trusted-. Just because they aren't trusted doesn't mean people would kill them.

Edit: A controlled demon is still a demon. Not only would the Warlock be considered a fool for bringing something like that around people, but he'd most likely be punished not -only- by people around him, but most likely any superior Warlock he'd operate under. Like the Deathknights, one would think that they would try to keep a lid on their operations due to being scrutinized by the public eye.
Don't be offended by my avatar. It's not intended to be a handicap sticker, but a man with a gigantic butt.
And, as for your off topic post, Squirrel, hehe.

Quote:Though many among the night elves and the Alliance fear the demon hunters and their pact with darkness, all know that demon hunters and their demonically-charged warblades have played an important part in combating what remains of the Burning Legion

http://www.wowpedia.org/Demon_hunter

Quote:Night elf society shuns demon hunters. Most night elves don't understand the noble sacrifice that demon hunters make; therefore, they make another sacrifice: to be outcasts from their society. Other cultures share the night elves' distrust of demon hunters, and the shadowy individuals are not welcome in cities throughout the Alliance or Horde-controlled lands. Citizens and soldiers may allow a demon hunter to stay at an inn or take a brief rest at a tavern, but they watch them warily and breathe sighs of relief when they leave.

Tolerated, not KoS.
The only warlocks tolerated by the Alliance and Horde, are, (obviously) Uncorrupted Warlocks. Even then... If I was one of them, I wouldn't go running around telling everyone I know that I was a warlock.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
DiesUltime Wrote:And, as for your off topic post, Squirrel, hehe.

Quote:Though many among the night elves and the Alliance fear the demon hunters and their pact with darkness, all know that demon hunters and their demonically-charged warblades have played an important part in combating what remains of the Burning Legion

http://www.wowpedia.org/Demon_hunter

Quote:Night elf society shuns demon hunters. Most night elves don't understand the noble sacrifice that demon hunters make; therefore, they make another sacrifice: to be outcasts from their society. Other cultures share the night elves' distrust of demon hunters, and the shadowy individuals are not welcome in cities throughout the Alliance or Horde-controlled lands. Citizens and soldiers may allow a demon hunter to stay at an inn or take a brief rest at a tavern, but they watch them warily and breathe sighs of relief when they leave.

Tolerated, not KoS.

Quote:and the shadowy individuals are not welcome in cities throughout the Alliance or Horde-controlled lands.
That doesn't mean they are killed, Squirrel. That means they aren't allowed access. There is a huge difference.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't mean you Bel, heh. But yes... obviously the uncorrupted ones. Otherwise they should invite the Legion over for tea parties, hehe.
Warlocks, like Death Knights, have done good as well as bad. Maybe some want to kill them on sight, maybe some don't, many people, in all fairness, don't give a damn, they've been facing the undead, the undead, oh? Death Knights are undead, they fought fire with fire, just as the demon hunters fought fire with fire (just as warlocks helped their factions fight fire with fire) it's a varied opinion. Nobody cares as long as you don't eat souls.
Mm, that's how I see it. Or if you are found out you'd be shunned and maybe barred from the City. Certainly this isn't the case for Orgrimmar and the Cleft of Shadows, but I will admit humans are a little more finicky. HOWEVER, killing a person under these pretenses wouldn't really be... warrented.
Just to prove my point;

http://www.wowpedia.org/Uncorrupted_warlock

Last paragraph of that article. I'd make this post a bit more fancy and aesthetically pleasing, but I'm in an itouch and typing this let alone a magnificently beautiful post is enough of a b***h as it stands. :P
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
I heard gnomes are rather tolerant of warlocks in their society. Gnomes in general are very curious about magic, including fel magic. Should we include The Forlorn Cavern in the discussion then? And what about warlocks in Undercity(I bet they'd be accepted pretty well by undead) and Silvermoon?
Quote: Some few even announce themselves openly in the cities of the Horde or, rarer, the Alliance, and make their unique talents available to their affiliation.

I like it enough to fancy it up! It proves my point too.
Silvermoon, UC, and the Gnomes do indeed allow them to run around. BE's and Gnomes don't run around with their "Pets" out most likely, because it'd unnerve other races... but the undead really just give a damn about how they are percieved, haha.

Hell, even the undead have a place in Thunder Bluffs. Sure, it's tucked away... but it's there.
Quote:Opposition to the Horde, Scourge, Burning Legion, and Shadow are near requirements to live in the city. Anyone who speaks out in support of these groups, of even suggests it, is likely to be hanged or driven out, for these beliefs are enforced like law by the will of the common man.

The WowWiki article for Stormwind.

I imagine that Warlocks would be outlawed in at least Stormwind. I also remember reading in an article about the "Law of Stormwind" or something like that, that anybody who practiced warlock magics would be hung. (I will add the source if I can find it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Warlocks using arcane Kenert 6 1,334 06-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Kenert
  On Uncorrupted Warlocks. shotzy 8 2,262 07-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Beltharean
  Warlocks and their loyal companions: Souls. Kenert 10 1,751 12-21-2010, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Kage
  Blood Elf Warlocks Xigo 11 1,792 12-16-2010, 08:15 PM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  An appeal to fairness, warlocks, necromancers and the arcane Arrillion 36 5,758 12-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Sourpuddle