The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Flying houses... kind of
Well, here's the deal. I noticed that there are lot of open, free floating islands in Nagrand. Actually, almost all of them are free. And since I like this zone, I thought Hebry can live there. I got a problem, though... there are no houses in Nagrand. So I thought, wouldn't it be cool to have some houses on the floating Nagrand islands? I asked Hawk, he said it's not a bad idea and I should talk with Kretol, so I decided to post this here, so everyone can see it and give opinions. :)
Flying houses = Epic. As long as there's some undeveloped property left over for other purposes, such as the vital one of looking pretty.
Could be an idea to add a house like that to the roleplaying locations in that case, I could work on it if Kretol would give his permission.

I'm not sure but I think we should avoid too much clutter and added place since it could cause lag or such, I'm no expert so I'm sure other know better how that works.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Ahh, why not? This could actually be fun.

Just don't destroy or alter the isle Issac Newton died by. (His skeleton is still there, you can't miss it)
It's an interesting idea and it may encourage more people to head to Outland, which -- sadly -- tends to be a bit barren. As long as it's tastefully done and that a handful are made (so that maybe multiple people can enjoy the area at once?) then I'd think it's awesome.

Or, an alternative; taking an idea from Steven Brust, make a never-ending social gathering in the sky. Populate it with people, call it Castle Black, and I'd be happy. If that's too much, a neutral place like an inn or tavern would suffice!
Well, lore wise I'd actually expect a few people, mainly mages, to come and settle up in those empty islands. Besides, often they are so high only one or two are actually loading with max draw distance. So cluster wouldn't, I think, hurt that bad.

Of course, it'd require a flying mount, or a nifty mage ([Hearthstone]?) to fly up there. A home, away from the cares of Draenor, nested in the purple, drowsing haze of the channeled lifestream, far up in the skies...
Should make a RP locale where a cluster of floating islands is high above Nagrand, really high with a few houses there, like a small community.
It puts the grammar in the RP or else it gets the hose again...
A tavern on a floating island in Outlands.... O.o
That would really get RP started there! :D
The worlds a roller coaster,
And I am not strapped in,
Maybe I should hold with care,
But my hands are busy in the air.

Like Father, Like Son. The path of a Beastmaster.
Floating bar and card game tavern...bam.
Any news on this one? Since I've been away for some time... if not, then bumping it, since we still got no actual answer. LOL
Addition of any housing would be a good idea, considering the only reason Blizzard made the cities as small as they are is because of how they figured most people would play the game. Since CotH is an RP server, why not add some as long as there's space?

In the sky, however, even better, because it's incredibly interesting.
[Image: badge.jpg]
[Image: badge.jpg]
Long story short, spawned items create a hell of a lot of lag. Notice when you walk into the Rachet arena, two things. Your latency, and the framerate.

Honestly, if we spawned enough houses for people, it'd hurt that pretty badly.

...Not to mention the drama involved with the whole "Well why do that have something I don't?".

Case in point right now is prestige classes, people complain about those a LOT, and we only have a handful of people that actually work for 'em.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I expected this answer... too bad though. :-|

EDIT: And I didn't mean many of them... I meant like 3-5 houses on different islands in Nagrand... more than that would be useless, since almost no one goes there. LOL
The idea seem fun, I agree but think about it this way...

It must have cost one truckload of gold to get materials shipped up to the floating piece, another load to pay for the workers daring and risking of building it there, a third one on the materials and the work itself just so the house can stand against the elements of Nagrand being mainly the harsh winds.

And why would your character event want to live there in the first place if he has a bookstore thingie in Stormwind City? Even though it is easy to go back and forth in-game that doesn't mean that it is just as easy ICly.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Imagine trying to get planning permission from Shattrath City Council

"Alright Mr Craig Zee. You want to build a house...?"
"...on top of a floating island"
"..."

But remember making a house on a flying rock will be very isolating. Admtitedly it will give you privacy if you want to have close-quarters roleplay but the practically of getting there, plus the inevitable fact that you will accidentally hit the auto-run key
[Image: CothLOGO-1.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Empty hearthglen houses ProjectRandom 6 1,373 12-08-2013, 04:04 AM
Last Post: MstrCorvus
  Flying mount upon character creation? Dae 10 2,200 07-30-2013, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Reigen
  Clear Out The Stores (And Maybe Other Houses Too) Loxmardin 25 4,698 08-02-2012, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Jonoth
  "Racial" Flying Mounts Sold on GMI? Hexproof 1 746 07-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  Houses in Nagrand? Lynoa06 5 1,298 01-14-2011, 07:31 AM
Last Post: Lynoa06