The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Clear Out The Stores (And Maybe Other Houses Too)
Hello!

I have a suggestion. I've mused over this a bit and mentioned it off-handedly on TeamSpeak, but I figured I'd get it written down and see what people think!

Basically; Clear out all the stores inside capital cities and the like of vendor NPCs, and possibly a few more buildings as well if there are any with reduntant NPCs within that have absolutely no function for the sake of questlines.

Most of the vendors in the world right now, on CotH, are obsolete. Profession trainers and vendors, for instance, have most of what we need in Shatterspear already. The General Vendors aren't necessary, nor are the Weapon or Armour (or variations thereof) vendors scattered about. They take up a lot of space that could potentially be used for other things. Such as roleplaying space.

Many of the class trainers are also obsolete. Point being...

There are a lot of NPCs out there that are just standing around with no purpose whatsoever, past their retail purposes.

So, personally, I think it'd be kind of nice to clear them out and open up more space for roleplaying inside cities and whatnot.

That's just me, though.
We'd have to add some more vendors to the OOC, but it is definitely a do-able idea!
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
(07-27-2012, 08:00 PM)Rosencrat Wrote: We'd have to add some more vendors to the OOC, but it is definitely a do-able idea!

The weapon vendors serve a function that is often overlooked, in that they're enchantable. That's my two cents!
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
[Image: c4i6Zq5.png]
I would support this. So long as you are capable of getting what said vendors have from other places.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
The only thing I would fear is having the cities look rather... bare, if that makes any sense. I think it would work best for houses rather than shops (subject to interpretation in some areas, of course).
Sounds like something totally worth the effort. Perhaps place the vendors near carts in the streets? Make markets in say Orgrimmar and Stormwind?
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Maybe add more NPC's like Stormwind citizens in populated areas, but not in houses because you cannot see inside of houses right?
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

(07-27-2012, 08:34 PM)Bovel Wrote: Sounds like something totally worth the effort. Perhaps place the vendors near carts in the streets? Make markets in say Orgrimmar and Stormwind?

...This is a valid idea. /nod.
Or, if that is too much effort, just clear out only select stores with more unique features, relocating the vendors to other buildings.
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
I think that would be good too, but... Where? Empty buildings?
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

Relocation of NPCs to be streets would be nice. I know I'd like to use one of the tailor supplies or cloth armor merchant buildings in Silvermoon as an IC shop for Alorel. It could make some neat RP down the line and may promote IC use of professions.
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
I'd certainly be up for moving some NPCs, should the admins approve of the notion.
I would support relocation of vendors in the streets so that shops, inns, and bars can be player run. Not all, however, as some areas would benefit from having NPCs present for GMs to puppet.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
I wouldn't mind something similar. Maybe a select few cleared out/relocated. Perhaps it could be done for just a few days with a couple of NPCS. To test the idea out, that is. That's my two cents.
I wish it were an optional thing for players to be able to do, but then they don't have the powers required to do such a thing, only the GMs do. What I mean by optional is that if all of the players agree that they want a character to replace the NPC and his/her job then it would be cool if somehow they were able to. Perhaps in that situation they could write a ticket to a GM and see if he/she can do that for him for a short amount of time? It'd be asking a lot from the GMs but I don't see any other way of doing it.

Two other things:

-it's important to keep around the vendors that sell things that can't be found in Shatterspear, such as ammunition vendors, pyrotechnic vendors, etc.

-Sometimes our characters know the NPC's by name and see them regularly. For example, my Gnome sees Nixxrax in Booty Bay very often since she often visits the tavern to eat and drink. She knows him by name and it would be confusing for her to see him replaced one day and be back the next.
[Image: anim_500.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Empty hearthglen houses ProjectRandom 6 1,373 12-08-2013, 04:04 AM
Last Post: MstrCorvus
  Houses in Nagrand? Lynoa06 5 1,298 01-14-2011, 07:31 AM
Last Post: Lynoa06
  Ingame Houses Lendri 14 2,812 07-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Grakor456
  Flying houses... kind of dastmo 17 3,685 06-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Fredrich
  Houses stompkins 19 2,641 06-08-2010, 07:11 PM