The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Building a better machine, one fragment at a time.
So, as some of you have noticed, I've been AFK for a long while, not even logging into AIM (those of you who -really- know me well from here).

I've been doing school, and recently started my A+ class this semester, which some of you probably know is basic computer knowledge on the IT level. I'm studying my butt off, and doing well in the class, and intend to keep doing so till I get my A+ certification, then afterwards... I go onto my security classes, and then Networking. In other words, I'm gonna be a while, hehe. And if I get a job soonish, I'm gonna be a LONG while.

You guys know, this isn't goodbye. I'm planning on stickin' around to do profiles here and there, come in game and debate on whether EA is consumer-savvy or not, as well as annoy the Cress-faec and whoever else happens to be on with a bit of RP.

Ciao guys, try not to set any fires, unless it's in Stormwind or Silvermoon. And even then, someone please tell me so I can make smores.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Bye Rensin! :(
It puts the grammar in the RP or else it gets the hose again...
Despite that we never really did much besides chatting once or twice, I'll miss you.
...Well, CoTH. I fibbed, but not in the "Yay, he's coming back" way.

Truth is, I'm a very easily depressed person, in a very clinical and medical way. When I come to CoTH, I seriously do enjoy roleplaying with people, and making friends of not just GMs, but the player base.

But, it feels to me like every time a get a good friend base going, I screw it up some how, in some way, and people leave. I've heard a lot of things about how people dislike me, or they think that CoTH isn't a good place -just- because of me. I hear rumors about people that I like here and trust... about how they -really- think other ways about me.

I've alienated a lot of people here as a GM. Being one of a handful of GMs that will say to people, "I don't think that's a good idea" has given me a reputation of being a jerk, or a hardass to the entire population of CoTH.

I can't change that, and I know it. My anal way of badgering people till they eventually despise me is something that I've come to face here on CoTH more than one in my time here.

I'm genuinely sorry to the people I've chased off. I'm sorry to the people I roleplayed with, and offended. I'm sorry to the GMs that I've argued with over crap. I'm sorry to anyone that I've dogged while being a hypocrite.

I can't do this CoTH.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Rensin Wrote:...Well, CoTH. I fibbed, but not in the "Yay, he's coming back" way.

Truth is, I'm a very easily depressed person, in a very clinical and medical way. When I come to CoTH, I seriously do enjoy roleplaying with people, and making friends of not just GMs, but the player base.

But, it feels to me like every time a get a good friend base going, I screw it up some how, in some way, and people leave. I've heard a lot of things about how people dislike me, or they think that CoTH isn't a good place -just- because of me. I hear rumors about people that I like here and trust... about how they -really- think other ways about me.

I've alienated a lot of people here as a GM. Being one of a handful of GMs that will say to people, "I don't think that's a good idea" has given me a reputation of being a jerk, or a hardass to the entire population of CoTH.

I can't change that, and I know it. My anal way of badgering people till they eventually despise me is something that I've come to face here on CoTH more than one in my time here.

I'm genuinely sorry to the people I've chased off. I'm sorry to the people I roleplayed with, and offended. I'm sorry to the GMs that I've argued with over crap. I'm sorry to anyone that I've dogged while being a hypocrite.

I can't do this CoTH.

I don't agree with any of that. You are one of the people who gives this place its desperately needed character.

I've said it to death, but Rensin, you're one of the best GMs in this place. If you were to ever leave for good it'd do a blow to this place, and that's saying a lot. Don't listen to the people who complain about how you do things, I mean, hell, if I'm completely fine with you nobody else should even have the right to be indignant. (EDIT: And I will hunt down anyone who thinks they can, I swear)

I can't stop you leaving because of school and work, but I can at least tell you that you're appreciated, at least by me. Keep on truckin'.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
I don't see how anybody would complain, with the exception of them being under the mental age of 3 months. But on the upside, though sure the gm's do ruin the plot here and there but it's not the gm's fault. It's the player's faulty planning of less than 15 seconds of brainstorming without realizing the actual realistics to their plot. But really what I'm trying to say is that all gm's and that means you to, are doing a great job and should not be hated. For they are the ones whom keep this server as a free environment. A controlled, peacefull, and hilariously fun place. Unlike other servers where its all. "Casts an unstoppable shoop da whoop" OMGWTF! N00b! =D.

Anywho. Good work, see you soon.

[P.S: COME BACK! OR I'LL POST A SAD FACE! (Q.Q) ]
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. Albert Einstein
Spoiler:
You have conquered, and I yield.
Yet henceforward art thou also dead - dead to the world, to heaven, and to hope;
In me didst thou exist - and, in my death, see by this image, which is thine own, how utterly thou hast murdered thyself.
Edgar Allan Poe
Rensin Wrote:...Well, CoTH. I fibbed, but not in the "Yay, he's coming back" way.

To what I've underlined: I know exactly what you mean. To be perfectly blunt, if they hate it here so much... they should leave! And if they hate -you- so much, it's their loss. If you've done nothing that would make a -reasonable- person feel the way they do, the problem lies in -them-, not you. That's how I deal with it, anyway.

Quote:I've alienated a lot of people here as a GM. Being one of a handful of GMs that will say to people, "I don't think that's a good idea" has given me a reputation of being a jerk, or a hardass to the entire population of CoTH.

I've come to you with ideas before, and you've never said anything negative about them... or at least, nothing I -took- to be as negative. I think it's always best to present ideas with humility, which is one of our server rules, no? I've sent in ideas to the GMs in the past, and never once have they -not- given me ideas on how to implement it on CoTH. What people need to understand is that when someone says an idea isn't very good, that just means you have to work on it. Do not take it personally.
I'd like to say, first of all, that I doubt you like me... or probably even know me. Honestly, I'm just some random, perma-Peon n00b who has some loose affiliation with CotH. In fact, I can honestly say that during the few times I have roleplayed with you, I've always felt subpar; that to you, I'm just another snot in the great waves of stupidity that must inevitably flow through our fair server.

But this isn't because you're a bad person, or that you did something even vaguely wrong...

No, Rensin, you are one of the best roleplayers I've ever seen.

When I look at your characters, I don't see perfect literary conventions or impressive use of obscure vocabulary. I look at them and see a soul.

They feel real to me, they stand out above all others no matter the situation because... because they do!

Your characters have that certain je ne sais quoi, the rich vibrance that truly makes them some of the most special snowflakes around.

And just as they are radiant with that inexplicable verve, you are one of the people who give this server its soul.

I mean, look. Over time, many great roleplayers and dedicated GMs have come and gone through CotH. Tell me, Rensin and others, who do you think of when you think of CotH? Do you imagine Kretol in all his manly Orc glory, or maybe Grakor in his rigid implacability? Maybe you reminisce to our dear Qaza? Maybe you picture Lethys, Piken, or even the ill-fated GSF? Perhaps you look to its Trollish counterpart, to Walluce and the Echoes? ...Or do you find your attention captivated on our beloved Cresscaekz and her pretty pink banhammer? Maybe a player, to whom you've grown close? Maybe a character of yours, of whom you adore?

Maulbane Wrote:You are one of the people who gives this place its desperately needed character.
Rensin, I know I'm no one important, no one to care about, and even that my long-winded speech probably isn't that good.

Just... As selfish as it is of me? I have to ask you not to leave the server behind, not forever. Please.

...Back to your anxious thoughts though, I have seen you address issues in Chat. Your outspoken nature is really well-suited to being a GM, and any spite is completely uncalled for. You say what you think, you think you are right, and you do what you think is right. What more can one ask of in a man? Also, you seemed to me to have a genuine enjoyment in elaborating to people who are just as sincerely willing to learn. You seem to have but a slight annoyance in having to correct people, but it looks like you think it's a necessary duty. I dunno, you really seem like a great GM to me.

Anyways, I hope I was at least close to being right. Or at least didn't offend you.

...As for the reading all this? Sorry, and thank you.
Rensin,

Bluntness, honesty, and lack of tact are three things that have kept our bond alive, whether positive or negative (Because dear God we know we used to hate each other so hard back in the day). So, in the tradition of our almost two years of a wonderful hate/love relationship, I am going to use my horrible personality to keep you here!

So, I remember when I first came to the server. Qaza and you loathed me. Well, not at first, but it quickly turned that way. We got off to a majorly wrong foot and it didn't really change until..I was pregnant, (You remember how you and Qaza hated my pregnancy monitor signature? Cause I sure do! Off topic...let's proceed.) and we got in a huge fight, also known as me calling you a douche bag and if you didn't like me to "get the f**k off of my vent." That was the beginning of our beautiful friendship...Member that? lolol. I do.

But it quickly changed. We became friends, we talked all the time. We shared pregnancy horrors with each other, got to know each other's children, and learned about each other, on a personal level; not like most friendships on the server where it is like, 'mayng we iz liek..so cool 'n bitchy teguthuh.' I feel like I could genuinely call you my friend after all we went through. Hell, we used to spend nights on vent drunk/ in game drunk just shooting the shit and harassingplaying with people. Man, I miss those nights, yo.

Anyways, you know I've always respected any of your decisions and everything you have ever said to me...But in the wise words of Jean...

'Shut teh f**k up, ya pussy b***h, 'n get teh f**k back in there!'

:< Just because we argued over something extremely stupid does not mean you should leave. :< Friends fight, it happens. /bonk

I love you, n00b.

lolol.

<333

Cressy
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Don't really know what to say here Rensin. I mean, if you leave this server I imagine my GM friendships going straight down the drain within days. You always try to be fair to people, and while people may call you a dick for not favoring people, you're honestly one of the best GM's on this server. If I EVER have a problem I turn to you, and you've never failed me before. If I have to tell you something, unlike most GM's I don't think "Oh great, now I've gotta' tell *insert name here* *insert problem here* and they're gunna' give me major shit about it." Nope, you clearly answer my questions, and in a respectful way; another good trait.

So PLEASE don't leave... Cry ..
"The Snake, The Rat, The Cat, The Dog...how you gonna see em' when you livin' in the fog?"
I have to agree with the various people above me. Rensin, we don't exactly talk often and I do believe we had a small conflict once or twice when I first joined the server (I was such a noob, I could almost cry myself to sleep about it), but I still consider you a friend really. I personally think you're one of the best GMs CotH has got, and if you left everyone would be affected. Normally I don't like telling people how to feel in situations like this, but you shouldn't let the minority keep you down. Heck, look at all the support you've got already. ;)

But if you do leave, then I won't force you, as it's your decision and not mine. I'll also wish you luck in whatever you do. Just know that the door to CotH is always open and we'll miss ya. :>
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gone, for the time being. Geoni 13 2,937 08-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  One More Time! WindZealot 4 1,563 05-07-2014, 10:20 AM
Last Post: WindZealot
  Time to go. Stealthscout 14 2,555 04-22-2014, 10:39 AM
Last Post: Sorum
  Time to come clean Dug 3 1,060 02-22-2014, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Franksta96
  Well, it's time to come clean. Altaine 3 1,189 01-16-2014, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Vladdy