The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "" - Line: 1584 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1584 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 203 usergroup_displaygroup
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1588 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1588 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1588 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "useravatar" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(934) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(934) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 934 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "userstars" - Line: 11 - File: inc/functions_post.php(934) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(934) : eval()'d code 11 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key "" - Line: 1584 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1584 errorHandler->error_callback
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "useravatar" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(934) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(934) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key "userstars" - Line: 11 - File: inc/functions_post.php(934) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(934) : eval()'d code 11 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

General query
Greetings Coth players
First off I'd like to apologise if this post is in the wrong category, move it or delete it as you like, if it is.
I've recently stumbled upon this server and it really got my attention. I've long been interested in wow roleplay but I never tried it "professionaly" on a dedicated server. I've tried it a few times on a general private server but as you can imagine it's not nearly the same. This brings me to my question; do you think I would be able to fit into a pure Rp community having no "formal" Rp experience(to say playing on a offical Blizz rp server). I am, in my opinion, mature enough, literate in English and capable of following a set situation. Having played Warcraft since its launch I know a lot about the development of lore. My primary concern is that i lack role-playing experience required to join you. Any sort of feedback would be most welcome, especially tips on where to get experience. If you believe I can start here and get experience as I go any sort of advice or tips would be most welcome.
Also I would like to know how much time this server requires. Since I am still a student I can not afford to dump 5+ hours a day into Wow.
Like i said above any sort of feedback would be welcome

If you feel intimidated by the wall of text here is the tl:dr verison: Want to play Rp wow, never played it before, can i start here?

Best regards
I pretty much started here. It's wierd for the first week or so, then you find your feet. So, yeah, you can start here, and I'd advise it, because you get MUCH less naff RP like on other servers.
P.S: it's in the right place :D
Of course! You're quite welcome here. However, the general population here has a higher-than-average knowledge of lore and Warcraft history, so I would advice learning a bit of it. Particularly, I suggest you read up a bit on the story of the race(s) you plan to play, so you'll know how to fit him/her into the CotH universe. A great tool for such things is http://www.wowpedia.org/.

Other than this, just watch people roleplay, watch how emotes are made, and so forth. Don't be afraid to ask questions, I've found that most people are happily willing to answer, and help out less experienced players.

As for time, the server doesn't require any of your time, really. Wether you play 1, 2, or 5 hours a day, or more/less, won't bother anyone. Though, of course, it's an advantage to be online often, if you involve your character with plots or guilds.

Also, be sure to use the /who command, in order to get a list of people online, and where they are. Places with large groups of people might be a good place to start, so you won't have to RP with yourself.

Hope this helps!
ALL HAIL THE TROLL
Oh how i do appreciate fast replies, I am right now reading up on your own lore. As soon am i'm done i'll start working on my characters backstory. It's unbelievably nice to see people replying to a posted problem so think I'll give it a chance :D
Frankly, CotH was where I first started RPing with hardly any RP experiance at all.

Ben Wrote:It's wierd for the first week or so, then you find your feet.

I couldn't agree more.
Spoiler:
APPROVED CHARACTERS!!!
Al'Zulak the Troll
Valingash the Warlock

[Image: badge.jpg]
I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games
[Image: badge.jpg]
I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A query. Ben 10 2,606 09-24-2011, 04:01 PM
Last Post: c0rzilla
  A Second Query. Ben 3 879 09-24-2011, 06:01 AM
Last Post: Delta
  General feelings towards one and another -WIP- FlyingSquirrel 15 2,478 02-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  General Prestige Discussion Wuvvums 30 4,322 01-24-2011, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Leshok
  General Server Questions Xeahast 17 2,884 07-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Roxas65