The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

General Server Questions
Hello all, I am very new here and just submitted an introduction a few days ago. Since I've never been on the server and the vast majority of the rules and guidelines seem to be etiquette and RP help, I just had a few questions, for any of you willing to answer; just trying to get a "feel" for my new community :)

1. How balanced is the population Alliance/Horde wise?

2. Can I RP with a real-life family member while interacting with the community as a whole, or do I have to join up with a particular faction/guild?

3. Is there a fair amount of RP found out in the world (ie. roads, random huts, forests, riverbanks etc.) or is the vast majority concentrated in taverns/inns/cities?

4. Would I be able to walk up and jump into a random RP with a group of people/individual (not in a rude way) or would they randomly initiate a RP session with me and my family member? To explain it a different way, are the RP sessions exclusively engaged by small groups of friends (as my last server was) or is it more...open (for lack of a better term, I apologize.)

5. Is there a large amount of OCC "(Be right back have to go to the bathroom)" etc

6. This might sound silly (at least I hope it does) but do RP'ers on this server actually move around in the world when they RP? I ask because I was once on a server where the only RP was text-based. You joined the server and everyone stood around in the starting areas/in party or guild chat RPing everything. Hope this one makes sense.

7. (and yes, I'm sorry for this one) I have heard a few people talking about re-submitting introductions after a few days of waiting, and I was wondering if I should actually go ahead and do this. I don't mind waiting, as long as I'm not waiting for nothing if my introduction got lost in cyberspace. Also a few little questions, as I'm not -too- forum-savvy:

-How will I know if/when my introduction gets approved?
-How will I know if a character Profile gets approved (I'm assuming the same way, but you never know)
-How long should a Personality/History section be on a Character Profile. Mine is fairly long, cumulative about 2-2.5 pages in MS Word.

*Sorry if these answers are posted somewhere else, as I was not able to find a clear enough answer after a few hours of looking.
Additionally, why am I a forum "Visitor" when I have a forum account?
1. I'd say it is pretty balanced. Not sure about numbers, though.

2. Yes you can, no guild/faction is required for roleplay.

3. I'd tend to the latter. Current RP hubs are Ratchet and Booty Bay.

4. Yes, the community is very open.

5. No, all OOC is in General, Trade, Looking For Group, Party Chat, Guild Chat, Chat or Barrenschat.

6. We do move around the world. That server sounds boring. :B

7. Profiles will be deleted and resubmitted. I haven't heard such about introductions.

- You will receive an email and the rank of Peon.

- You will be notified on the topic of said character profile.

- 10 lines, combined. On a 1024x768 screen, I think.

And at last: You need an approved introduction to post elsewhere.
[Image: NXAwd.png?1]
Xeahast Wrote:Hello all, I am very new here and just submitted an introduction a few days ago. Since I've never been on the server and the vast majority of the rules and guidelines seem to be etiquette and RP help, I just had a few questions, for any of you willing to answer; just trying to get a "feel" for my new community :)

1. How balanced is the population Alliance/Horde wise?

2. Can I RP with a real-life family member while interacting with the community as a whole, or do I have to join up with a particular faction/guild?

3. Is there a fair amount of RP found out in the world (ie. roads, random huts, forests, riverbanks etc.) or is the vast majority concentrated in taverns/inns/cities?

4. Would I be able to walk up and jump into a random RP with a group of people/individual (not in a rude way) or would they randomly initiate a RP session with me and my family member? To explain it a different way, are the RP sessions exclusively engaged by small groups of friends (as my last server was) or is it more...open (for lack of a better term, I apologize.)

5. Is there a large amount of OCC "(Be right back have to go to the bathroom)" etc

6. This might sound silly (at least I hope it does) but do RP'ers on this server actually move around in the world when they RP? I ask because I was once on a server where the only RP was text-based. You joined the server and everyone stood around in the starting areas/in party or guild chat RPing everything. Hope this one makes sense.

7. (and yes, I'm sorry for this one) I have heard a few people talking about re-submitting introductions after a few days of waiting, and I was wondering if I should actually go ahead and do this. I don't mind waiting, as long as I'm not waiting for nothing if my introduction got lost in cyberspace. Also a few little questions, as I'm not -too- forum-savvy:

-How will I know if a character Profile gets approved (I'm assuming the same way, but you never know)
-How long should a Personality/History section be on a Character Profile. Mine is fairly long, cumulative about 2-2.5 pages in MS Word.

*Sorry if these answers are posted somewhere else, as I was not able to find a clear enough answer after a few hours of looking.

*Cracks fingers* Alright, here we go! I'll answer this as good as I can.

1. It's pretty balanced. It's tipped a little towards Horde because of Blood Elves, but all in all, it's pretty good.

2. I'm pretty sure you can. May have misunderstood that question, though

3. It depends. It's usually concentrated in a main RP hub. It moves sometimes. For example, now it's Ratchet. It was Booty Bay jsut a few weeks ago. but you can usually move some RP to different locations by asking for RP over LFG chat. Like asking "Anybody up for Ashenvale RP?" Hopefully, somebody will answer.

4. If you ask first, then yeah. It's possible. But be really sure to ask first, so that you're just not an annoyance. But that also depends, somewhat. If you see a group of people at a table in a tavern not talking about anything special, then by all means, join in.

5. We use General channels for that. We don't like using Brackets here. It clogs the chat. Go with General and you'll be fine.

6. Yeah. We do. What you said sounds horribly boring x)

7. I'm afraid only a GM can answer that, since they're the only ones who can check it out.

Hope I helped somewhat.

and Skaar beat me to it. Meh, I'll post this anyway. Different opinions is always helpful.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
Thanks Skaar, and yes, it was boring. Hmm my character doesn't exactly fit the tropical type of BB and Ratchet but I guess I'll figure that out later. Also, Ack! 10 lines cumulative? Or is that the minimum requirement? Let me re-phrase and ask how long is TOO long for a Personality/History section?
Thank you Roxas...I'm a little shaky about the RP hubs, I guess I'll have to check it out when I can log on. How does everyone just...sit and RP in Ratchet? I take it this server is mostly tavern-based RP then?
No, that is the minimum requirement. Just keep in mind that the bigger it is, the longer the GM's will take to read and approve/deny it. :B
[Image: NXAwd.png?1]
Oh good. Well it's not a novella hehe, I'm sure they won't mind. Especially since it makes my character believable.
You will essentially remain a Visitor until around the time that your introduction is accepted. I think that the Visitor group is depending on that and post count, though I'm not sure where a Visitor's post count is logged.

Xeahast Wrote:1. How balanced is the population Alliance/Horde wise?
I'd consider it fairly balanced. Pretty much every person on the server has characters on both sides, so we all have the flexibility to jump to Horde or Alliance when something is going on. Events and flavors of the month will inflate one faction (or even race!) temporarily.

Xeahast Wrote:2. Can I RP with a real-life family member while interacting with the community as a whole, or do I have to join up with a particular faction/guild?
How you approach roleplay is your choice, as long as you follow the guidelines we've established with our rules. If you prefer roleplaying with a small group of family and friends, so be it! We have all types on Conquest of the Horde, so people can always find some sort of niche in which to fit. I tend to roleplay primarily with a small circle of friends, though I'd like to think that I'm fairly active within the community.

Xeahast Wrote:3. Is there a fair amount of RP found out in the world (ie. roads, random huts, forests, riverbanks etc.) or is the vast majority concentrated in taverns/inns/cities?
The vast majority of roleplay with be centered in the current roleplaying hotspot and places where events (whether staff- or player-led, it doesn't matter!) are being held. Neutral areas tend to be fairly popular since they allow for greater numbers of potential players. My suggestion is that if there's a particular area where you'd rather be roleplaying, organize something to entice other players to join you. A lot of us are always looking for excuses to go somewhere else!

Xeahast Wrote:4. Would I be able to walk up and jump into a random RP with a group of people/individual (not in a rude way) or would they randomly initiate a RP session with me and my family member? To explain it a different way, are the RP sessions exclusively engaged by small groups of friends (as my last server was) or is it more...open (for lack of a better term, I apologize.)
It entirely depends on the individual. In general, I believe that the community is very inclusive and open to having others join. There may be those who would prefer to exclude others in their roleplay (particularly if a specific "scripted" interaction is occurring), but generally you can solicit roleplay and jump right in.

Xeahast Wrote:5. Is there a large amount of OCC "(Be right back have to go to the bathroom)" etc
There is OOC, but it's heavily restricted. /s and /y are always IC. If you wish to communicate OOCly with someone, you can do it in whispers, in party, or over the zone's General channel. We'd prefer that heavy discussions not be held in most channels since it can potentially interfere with people's ability to roleplay. We do have one server-related global channel (Chat), which is used to greet one another, ask questions, and generally have relatively short discussions. There's also BarrenChat, in which silliness (within specific parameters) is allowed.

Xeahast Wrote:6. This might sound silly (at least I hope it does) but do RP'ers on this server actually move around in the world when they RP? I ask because I was once on a server where the only RP was text-based. You joined the server and everyone stood around in the starting areas/in party or guild chat RPing everything. Hope this one makes sense.
You roleplay as you want. That said, I've never seen anyone do this. As noted, /s and /y are in-character and are used when communicating ICly with one another.

Xeahast Wrote:7. (and yes, I'm sorry for this one) I have heard a few people talking about re-submitting introductions after a few days of waiting, and I was wondering if I should actually go ahead and do this. I don't mind waiting, as long as I'm not waiting for nothing if my introduction got lost in cyberspace. Also a few little questions, as I'm not -too- forum-savvy:

You will be notified via email when your introduction is approved and it will become visible (usually with a staff member's reply) in the Introductions subforum. Character profiles exist as a thread, so you'll be able to view the comments that we make as it goes through the approval process; it will eventually be moved to the Approved Profiles Pending Gruntship subforum within the Character Profiles forum.

Your Personality and History can be as long as you feel is necessary to get the point across. If you want to write an overly long and detailed profile, that's up to you! Just remember that staff members might find it a little daunting and that more detail means that there is more information that may potentially contradict lore or our policies. Your combined Personality and History sections must be a minimum of ten lines on a browser that is 1024 pixels in width; we occasionally ask for more detail if we feel that it's necessary.
Man Piroska, you work fast.
I had everything answered to my ability.
All well, it's better a GM answers anyway.
Looks like you need some Majyk.

Characters
Spoiler:
Ordin
Bregar Cimitero
Luscia Cimitero
Freya Grey
Blaudia Nihil
Roderick Giordano
Majyk
Apostasy
Azibo
Maxwell Pennington
Vyriel
Derin Taylor
Yeva Everbloom
Evissa
Vivi
Hurr.
Piroska Wrote:
Xeahast Wrote:4. Would I be able to walk up and jump into a random RP with a group of people/individual (not in a rude way) or would they randomly initiate a RP session with me and my family member? To explain it a different way, are the RP sessions exclusively engaged by small groups of friends (as my last server was) or is it more...open (for lack of a better term, I apologize.)
It entirely depends on the individual. In general, I believe that the community is very inclusive and open to having others join. There may be those who would prefer to exclude others in their roleplay (particularly if a specific "scripted" interaction is occurring), but generally you can solicit roleplay and jump right in.

I'd like to add, that in-character, you can mostly be as rude as you want to. As long as you've good reasons to, which are not affected by OOCness.
Azheron's back in business. For reals.
Thank you all, this helps a lot. I'm planning on playing a stubborn, crotchety old man so I'm not going to be some big warrior or powerful mage. I was hoping that this wouldn't cut down on my RPing opportunities
I just thought of another question:

What exactly am I suppose to put in the 'other" section on a character profile? I thought I saw a guide somewhere the other day but I just can't seem to find it. Can it be a physical description?
Shameless bump
Anything that isn't covered in the rest of the sections, I would guess.
Looks like you need some Majyk.

Characters
Spoiler:
Ordin
Bregar Cimitero
Luscia Cimitero
Freya Grey
Blaudia Nihil
Roderick Giordano
Majyk
Apostasy
Azibo
Maxwell Pennington
Vyriel
Derin Taylor
Yeva Everbloom
Evissa
Vivi

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A confession and some questions Nymus 4 3,559 01-19-2015, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Nymus
  Druid of the Antler? and more questions. Andy7565 7 3,490 11-28-2014, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  [Questions] Priests yo. Psychyn 5 1,658 08-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Last Post: Psychyn
  Feedback/Questions re: Custom-model characters/NPCs Kretol 50 9,896 07-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Dae
  Made a Kaldorei, have some questions. hyenaskate 5 1,441 01-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Last Post: hyenaskate