The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Couple of questions
Title is pretty self-explanatory. I figured this would be more useful than bombarding a GM with messages or something equally annoying. It could also be helpful for any other new players that are curious as well.

SO
INC NUB

How exactly do you guys go about getting an RP started in game? I haven't been able to get on much lately, but when I have been on I've seen only one or maybe two messages saying something like 'hey, whisper for RP!'. Do you all set it up on the forums, then go in game? Or just wander up to each other and start talking?
Been wondering that.

Where does most of the RPing take place, by the way? It seems like Rachet is a good place to start, but I haven't been over there yet. I wanted to level a bit so I didn't get mauled by a boar or something.

Also, here's an opportunity for some shameless self-advertising for you all: If anyone's got an RP idea, group, quest, etc, that needs some more players, don't hesitate to hit me up. I've got a blood elf.

Next on my list would be the new NPCs I'm seeing around some places, that don't really seem to serve much of a purpose. I've found some Elven Agents in the ruins of Silvermoon, whom I couldn't talk to, a 'Blood Knight Dawnstar' corpse/living person in death animation in Deatholme, a Silvermoon apprentice with a succubus dead/in death animation in the Ghostlands, and some corpses outside of Undercity that give quests (which I was too low level to take.)
Fairly certain none of those are placed there in retail. Are they from past RP events that weren't removed? Or are they supposed to still be there?

Also, there might be a small error with the Undercity teleporter to Orgrimmar at the zeppelin platform, unless I can't read. I used it and it sent me to Hammerfall, in Arathi. That was entertaining. >.>

Responses are much appreciated.
In general, I think most of us approach ARPEE with the idea that you reap what you sow; if you want to roleplay and can't get involved, find other people in a similar situation. Put in effort and you'll get a response! A lot of people have been returning to the Personals subforum (which doesn't have to deal with romance if you don't want) to find roleplay for specific characters. The Event Planning subforum can also be used for specific events.

Keep in mind, too, that friendships have been forged on this server and so people who have been around a little longer can always turn to the people that they know in order to find an easy source of roleplay (assuming their friends are up to it). As you interact more with others, you'll most likely find the same happening to you!

In general, I find that there can be a lot of roleplay in Stormwind during the day (by PSD/GM-8 standards) and then it tends to shift over to Horde roleplay as the day progresses. Ratchet is typically a hot spot, but I've been seeing more in places like Ironforge, Stranglethorn Vale, Duskwallow Marsh, and Ashenvale. A good thing about Ratchet is that you can teleport there using the OOC portals (such as the one from Warsong Gulch, which can be reached from pretty much every major city), so you'd be able to join and have fun regardless of level!

Regarding the rest, not a clue. I'm still new enough to have not participated in any major world events that influenced the server's lore. I'm certain that someone more knowledgeable than I can answer you!
Ohai there!

As for NPCs... I really don't think they mean anythink. I do know that some GMs have been spawning gameobjects and NPCs just to add to the environment - just like the Undercity corpses if we are talking about the same thing.

And as for the last one... I honestly have no idea. O:

Edit: Oh, and I see you joined yesterday! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, JVNemesis!
Dilly Wrote:Ohai there!

Yo. Thanks for the welcome.

Welp, seems like I should stop being lazy/antisocial and go talk to people.

What madness this is.

I'll be back in a few hours, and I'll jump on the server and hunt somebody down. Should be fun.

Thanks for the tips.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A confession and some questions Nymus 4 3,559 01-19-2015, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Nymus
  Druid of the Antler? and more questions. Andy7565 7 3,490 11-28-2014, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  [Questions] Priests yo. Psychyn 5 1,658 08-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Last Post: Psychyn
  Feedback/Questions re: Custom-model characters/NPCs Kretol 50 9,896 07-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Dae
  Made a Kaldorei, have some questions. hyenaskate 5 1,441 01-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Last Post: hyenaskate