The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

In Character Economy
In Character Economy

Get ready to buy, sell, gamble, plunder, and barter.

We have put together a way to have IC currency. There are three items [Gold Coin], [Silver Coin] and [Copper Coin]. A 100 Copper Coins are worth a Silver Coin and 100 Silver Coins are worth 1 Gold Coin. Unlike, the normal gold this is for IC purposes only. So, when you want to pay a merc for some extra mussel, or buy a psychedelic muffin from a baker, or buy some explosives from a gnomish engineer, or place a bet with a bookie on an arena fight this is what you would use pay them. This is for IC player to player transactions.

When you have an approved character and are a Grunt, there will be a quest waiting for you. Much like the quest to get silver tokens and the large chunk of gold. You will get 1 gold coin. It is just a bit of spending money but if you don't want to spend it all in one place head to the Banks of the world and find the "Currency Changers" with them you can change out any one gold for a 100 silver or if you have a 100 silver you can change it out for one gold.

Now, if you are grunt and you have a good business idea you can fill out the Business Grant Application and submit it in a GM Ticket just like silver tokens. It can be any kind of business legal or illegal, Small or big as long as it provides jobs and help the economy of the server. Don't worry peons you can have the money too just get hired by the grunts.

So set up your bakery, your cartel, or your smithy people now can actually have money to buy your stuff ICly

Business Grant Application Wrote:What is your business?

How much money do you need?

Why that amount?

How will this help the over all economy of CotH?
Heh, sounds awesome, great for streamlining character motivation.

Just one question, though - What about characters that are concepted (and approved) to have more than 100 silver spending money?

Edit: Perhaps being able to exchange silver tokens into 5/10/X Gold coins would be a good mechanism for people who want to invest in having a rich character?

Edit 2: Base price guidelines would also be necessary (someone wrote a guide on that, I believe), what costs 1 silver (mug'a'ale) what costs 3, etc.
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
On behalf of Hantin Wiltonsteel, Founder of Wiltonsteel Enterprises, I love you. XD

Seriously, though. This is amazing.
I just wonder one thing; How come there is no copper?

Cause there are few things that would ICly cost more than a silver when it comes to everyday items such as drinks or food.
And could this not be worked in with a currency example page? Like how much is a horse or a wolf, how much does a farmer earn in a year and so on.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Bovel Wrote:And could this not be worked in with a currency example page? Like how much is a horse or a wolf, how much does a farmer earn in a year and so on.
Aye. I just filled out a Business Grant Application for Hantin, and I had no idea what to answer for #2 because I have nothing to base my concept of what one gold is worth on. I just put the things he needs to pay for instead >_>.
My mind = blown out of material proportion
So Ivan say to me "Who was talking device then?"

And then Sergei say "But Ivan is dead"

That is when I realize Sergei was bear.
I've spotted a problem with the way a GM receives my application. It's too long to actually fit into a ticket. Could I have an alternative option of sending it to a GM using the forums Private Messages? When I put it in, it's about . . .One paragraph off.
[Image: Calvin_and_Hobbes_hug_by_Humongous_E.png]
Sourpuddle Wrote:I've spotted a problem with the way a GM receives my application. It's too long to actually fit into a ticket. Could I have an alternative option of sending it to a GM using the forums Private Messages? When I put it in, it's about . . .One paragraph off.
Heh. I had to super-condense mine to fit into a ticket as well. When I tried the first time, I didn't have enough room to answer the first question. LOL
http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/forum/...48&t=10746

I think this would be a good foundation, just need to set down some basics that make assumtions easier.
Like how much money does a westfall farmer have after a general year of work, produce and selling?
How much does regular mounts cost with saddle and montly food costs?
How much are standard arrows and bullets and gunpowder?
How much is a slave?
What differs between various kinds of alcohol and food?
How much can each proffesion earn if you work as it fullytime? During a general gear that is.
And so on.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Last I checked inter-faction trade doesn't work, is this solved?
Because you all know at this point that I'm all about the wiki, how 'bout posting an article or two about your business(es) once they're approved? We can create a business category and page, allow people to post theirs, and go from there!

And, no, Tarne, as of a week ago I wasn't able to trade with a member of the opposite faction. I haven't seen any news about this having changed.
You can still mail items cross faction.

And I know you guys have awesome business plans, but the reason we want to submit it though a GM ticket is one it is nice to not have yet another Forum. Two, cause it will be a quicker response time. And three, we wanted you guys to keep them thoughtful, short and to the point. If there is not enough information for us to make a decision we can always whisper follow up questions.
Huh. I think this is one update I'm going to keep my fingers out of. If your character doesn't work for someone or own a business, you're out of luck.
sabrekab Wrote:Huh. I think this is one update I'm going to keep my fingers out of. If your character doesn't work for someone or own a business, you're out of luck.
Much like real life? =P
I already have commitments to worry about in real life. That's why I don't wish to add to them.