The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Interracial attraction; does it exist?
This came up today in a small meeting between a troll, an orc and a night elf. My initial thought on the subject is that none of the playable races would have instinctual sexual urges aimed towards a member of another race. With culture blended into it all I think it would be even less likely.

Just to clarify, I mean RAW, beastly, instinctual sexual attraction. Not love.

One of the points on the matter was that it is something controlled by looks, that trolls for example would easily percieve night elves as something sexual for them. Countering that would be; would healthy human consider a chimp, gorilla or even Lucy a mate?

"Chimps are hairy and naked and cannot speak." Well the difference between a troll and a night elf is not far from that either way, both in physical/biological sense as well as cultural.
Troll; Furry, tusks, diurnal, lifespan around about 60 years tops.
Night elves; Fangs, glowing eyes, lives for about three quarters of a millenia.

My question is, how do you think this works out in the World? My own standpoint is pretty clear on the subject and I am only unsure of how this would work belf-nelf. But it seems few share these thoughts, so please share -yours- here.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Hmm... Couple of ways I'd like to look at it.

First the terminology is what gets us messed up I think. You hop on to make you're brand new Lore breaking toon. Tells you to choose your race. Now IRL, we are all referred to as different races, Black white, yellow, w/e. But we are all human beings, though it is frowned upon by some we are all technically the same. Which is why we can pro-create with one another.

Now in races like Wow, these are completely different species. You get a duck, and a goose you bouta make some new shiz. A guck or a doose. ( not a poop ) So somewhere in these situations it appears the word -race- is being used wrong, although I could just have the definition misunderstood. But in my understanding race = species. But it is most likely defined by a group who share a similar culture/heritage background what have you.

Do I think they'd be attracted to each other? For the most part no. And I say that because what attracts certain races would be vastly different because of culture and instincts and everything like that. But what we must realize is, that -any- extreme is wrong. So to say No interracial attraction would ever exist, that's bull shiz too because there is an exception to every rule.

You tell Prancingstar Nightfairy to stay away from those dirty humans, for the most part she will. But if you get the right chemicals, ( curiosity, a sheltered upbringing, open mind, carefree personality ) Prancingstar might go for some pinkskin.

For instance. Regardless of what complexion the female has, her anatomy is still the same, therefore I can look at dark jumblies or light jumblies... They're still jumblies. But if I'm a troll looking at a NE as said before. The jumblies are there but there are extra stuff. ( Glowing eyes, xenophobic culture, fangs was stated ) that is going go probably be extremely unattractive.

I'd only see this being possible with races that have similarities and are in the same faction. But since this is about raw instinctual fudging. Like...

* Human walks into ratchet. Looks at Orc female and wants to fudge. *

Probably not happening. I think for anything to happen emotions would -have- to be involved unless the char was one of the following. Spoiler'd for disgusting factor.

Spoiler:
You have people who...

Fornicate with animals, children, intimate objects, and -everything- and -everyone- else in between. There are some filthily promiscuous people out there. And if we took that into consideration I'm sure the same is true with the wow universe. That makes me wonder that maybe a human might want to fudge a NE because of her idle animation. She does technically have the figure of a human female, minus ears fangs and glowing eyes. lol. But at least there aren't hooves, fur, horns, a tail, missing fingers or things like that. But even that wouldn't be a problem for some lustful insane people trying to fudge anything that walks.

SO my verdict on the situation is. Instinctual attraction to another race, no interaction just physical appearance. 85 - 95% doubtful. In my opinion. But in the realm of possibility I think. Just one of those, planets must be lined up kind of situations lol.

I do hope this made sense. If it didn't...Meh. I tried. /bow Adieu
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
There's so many twisted fetishes out there, I doubt one special snowflake from a race wouldn't have something related to attraction to another race. <shrug> Sh*t happens, maybe, maybe not.

Darnit, Pharoh beat me to it.
So Ivan say to me "Who was talking device then?"

And then Sergei say "But Ivan is dead"

That is when I realize Sergei was bear.
Welp. Look at this way. Have you ever been physically attracted to any of the races on WoW? I'm being serious here.

I know some people would answer yes, so, there's your answer.

You can have pure physical attraction to another race in wow, sure, but the emotional involvment behind the attraction along with a subliminal feeling behind it could imply disaster, along with racial hatreds and firm beliefs.

Basically, it's possible. Maybe even probable. But for the love of anything, make it believable, heh. No Tauren/Gnome lust, please.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Culturally, I'm sure it's completely taboo to have any sexual attraction to any other race IC. Physically, I'll bet it happens all the time. I mean, how many real life humans out there think about sex with Draenei, Night Elves, Blood Elves, etc... A lot, judging by the internetz. This and the rest has really already been said XD.

Edit: What people really have to be more realistic on is whether your character would ever speak of or acknowledge these desires.
Well, like I said... it could even go to an un-healthy attraction. In which case, I don't know if people would play it correctly.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Just wanted to quote for truth!

ThePharaoh Wrote:But what we must realize is, that -any- extreme is wrong. So to say No interracial attraction would ever exist, that's bull shiz too because there is an exception to every rule.
Is it likely? No. In fact, it's pretty damned unlikely. But is it possible? Sure thing.

Know how we know? Because half-races do exist. And for something like that to have occur, something else needs to have occurred -- willingly or otherwise. There are documented examples of half-orcs, half-elves, half-kal'dorei (yup, and most of them are human-night elf pairings, giving evidence to the idea that some sort of limited interaction occurred prior to the Third War), half-draenei (all of which, to my knowledge, are orc-draenei pairings, but there may be other possibilities), half-trolls, half-humans, and so on.

We might not be able to play as any of these races, but they exist within lore. And, guess what: we can't as players just arbitrarily decide what lore we want to apply and which to discard. Just because we don't like an aspect of the Warcraft universe doesn't make it any less probable.

I think that the important thing to keep in mind is that cross-species pairings might happen, but there are going to be some pretty serious repercussions when others find out. In general, most people don't like what they don't understand. I think that another species (going beyond just another culture) is going to be met with pretty blanket hostility. Not to mention that many of the species on Azeroth (blood elves, draenei, and so on) have met with pretty significant population-decreasing events in the recent history of the world. Even the most love-filled, fulfilling relationship is going to be met with strong reactions from a people who feel that it might be their responsibility to perpetuate the species.

And here's the fun part. If you don't like that people are pairing up and it's logical for your character to feel the same (and, in most cases, that will be the situation), go with it. Be a speciest. Embrace it and go with the roleplay. Conflict is just as valid a type as roleplay as the ooey-gooey "Why can't we all just get along" roleplay that others embrace.
I would like to note some races are less likely than others to be attracted to a race. Or even more-over both races would be disgusted by eachother equally. A troll may see a night elf and will be disgusted with the fact that she doesn't have tusks, or two-toed feet, or well-rounded head, or a large nose. A night elf may be inversely disgusted that a troll has all of those things. Of course there are always exceptions as stated.

Some races also, may also find a closer to natural attraction to eachother, like High/Blood Elves and humans due to their closeness in nature (of course there are plenty of obvious differances between the two), but it should be known an elf may find it a little ugly that a human may not have elongated ears or as slender of figures.

Then lastly there are relationships that on average, may not be treated equal. Like an ogre to a human. An ogre may possibly view a human as a beuatiful creature, but almost all humans view ogres as disgusting. Thus making an unequal balance between the two's view. Of course there are exceptions.
☃ This is my snowman. He's there to remind me how much I hate the snow.
Everything that has been said here I am going to say is relatively true. There -may- be a -small- chance that there -may- be a -slight- attraction between to different races. But it is highly unlikely. A Tauren will -never- be attracted to any other race, however. It just isn't even slightly possible in my eyes.

I honestly think that a Tauren would view any kind of interracial partnership in any way as an insult to the Earthmother. And almost every single Tauren would do anything but go against the earthmother.

What I'm trying to say here is that some species just wouldn't have any part of it. For example a Tauren would never have any sort of Attraction. Also I think a Gnome would be the same way. Perhaps they view every other species as "Too tall" or something. (And please. I did not mean that in the way you thought I meant it. Let's be mature.)

And as for the Half species thing, I find that highly unlikely for Blizzard to even put that in their lore. Every living thing has chromosomes. We can all agree on that. The reason we don't have half kitteh cats running around is because cats have 36 chromosomes and humans have 48. And things with two seperate amounts of chromosomes just can't reproduce. Scientifically I doubt that any of the races in WoW could mate. A Troll I believe would have a different amount of chromosomes then a Human, and a Night elf would have a different amount of chromosomes then a Gnome. I just doubt it would work, for any of the species.

Edited for spelling.
Spoiler:
APPROVED CHARACTERS!!!
Al'Zulak the Troll
Valingash the Warlock

[Image: badge.jpg]
I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games
[Image: badge.jpg]
I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games
Tobeh Wrote:And as for the Half species thing, I find that highly unlikely for Blizzard to even put that in their lore.

It's already there. Those are just a handful of examples; I could expand it to include the comics and stories that have been put out, in which case we'd end up with a list including half-kal'dorei and half-trolls, just to mention a few.

You could theoretically include Kalec, the half-elf form that the dragon Kalecgos assumed. If a dragon was capable of assuming a half-elf form, it stands to reason that they have to be somewhat prevalent otherwise he'd really stand out.
Piroska Wrote:[*]Med'an (orc-draenei-human)

*Mumbles* Friggan mangas. They couldn't be content with Rexxar, eh?

Remember kiddos, we prefer to have Blizzard mutilate it's storyline.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Tobeh Wrote:Everything that has been said here I am going to say is relatively true. There -may- be a -small- chance that there -may- be a -slight- attraction between to different races. But it is highly unlikely. A Tauren will -never- be attracted to any other race, however. It just isn't even slightly possible in my eyes.

I honestly think that a Tauren would view any kind of interracial partnership in any way as an insult to the Earthmother. And almost every single Tauren would do anything but go against the earthmother.

It's possible. The mind is a complex thing. It's taboo, but look out into the world - there are people who love the opposite sex, the same sex, both sexes, mixed sexes, ebephilia and hebephilia, and if you want to get into the nitty gritty pedophilia and their dog fido. While I'm not going to touch on those subjects because they're mostly irrelevant, they leave a poignant point.

Who are we to say that the mind - Human or otherwise - is incapable of a certain kind of thought? I mean, there are fundamental Christians, nihilists, satanists, and got knows what other kinds of doctrines of thought out there. It's completely irrational to say "They won't/cant".

And as the Tauren guy on the server, I can say that I doubt the Earthmother would care all too much. The most logical belief should would have towards such relationships would be "Love is super cool, yo'."

Tobeh Wrote:And as for the Half species thing, I find that highly unlikely for Blizzard to even put that in their lore. Every living thing has chromosomes. We can all agree on that. The reason we don't have half kitteh cats running around is because cats have 36 chromosomes and humans have 48. And things with two seperate amounts of chromosomes just can't reproduce. Scientifically I doubt that any of the races in WoW could mate. A Troll I believe would have a different amount of chromosomes then a Human, and a Night elf would have a different amount of chromosomes then a Gnome. I just doubt it would work, for any of the species.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Garona

I don't agree with it, but they exist. Genetics don't exist in WoW it seems.

GRRRGH PIROSKA

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
Rensin Wrote:Welp. Look at this way. Have you ever been physically attracted to any of the races on WoW? I'm being serious here.

I know some people would answer yes, so, there's your answer.

You can have pure physical attraction to another race in wow, sure, but the emotional involvment behind the attraction along with a subliminal feeling behind it could imply disaster, along with racial hatreds and firm beliefs.

Basically, it's possible. Maybe even probable. But for the love of anything, make it believable, heh. No Tauren/Gnome lust, please.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZYzdc7UU5s[/youtube]

WHAT!? Don't you look at me like that. He said "No Tauren/Gnome lust, please."

He was practically asking for it! Aaaagh!!!
[Image: signature2-1.jpg]
I don't think there should be any half-things on CotH.

That's just me, but that would be too... Manga. Anime. Suey.

"I'm half-elf-orc-monster-tauren-epic-guy!"

And yeah, as Maulbane said, there are people that have sexual attraction to -anything-. Just look at the list from Wikipedia. There's almost anything you could ever think of.
Azheron's back in business. For reals.
But in all of this..I'd like to remind people in graphic detail body parts and sexual desire.

Spoiler:
A drae is probably going to be, well, stacked, so naturally the female must be a little wider to accommodate it. Same with Nelves and Humans and yadda yadda yadda.

Just..Uh, yeah, think of this shit too. Because honestly, if you look at racial characteristics in our world. Though people do break the stereotypes, it is just..normal to understand that male genitalia is made for female.

For example, (and please do not take offense to this. My biological anthropology class did a study on it.) Asian men and women's bodies have over time adapted to one another..Well, because for a very long time, they were independent from the rest of the world. Because of this...his size was made for her size...get it? Because I do not wanna go much further drunk and tired. XD

Anyways, just..uh..take this stuff into consideration too. lolol.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]