The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

I am confused
Wether to believe in the ragequit threads or not. They did have some good points, I can't deny that, neither should you. But then again, going that extremely personal is never right. Especially against Cressy and Rensin. They were both attacked pretty rough on a personal level and what they should know, this is the internet and what they do has NOTHING to do with what they do here. I don't care if Cressy and Rensin are horrible human beings as stated in these two treads. They do their job here and that's all that matters. I see Cressy approve introductions all the time and she has fix'd one of my tickets personally. She is doing the job right and it's all that matters here and all that WE should care about. As for Rensin, I've seen him do his work around here to on the forums which also indicates that he is doing it right, even though I think he locks threads to the left and right for the slightest reasons, without warning and even in off-topic. I dislike this, but other than that, he's doing fine. I don't care if he's a big father, which all any of us has to indicate this is the word of a ragequiting user, clearly trying to seed more drama. None of this matters at all and going to the extent of calling someone a word as bad as Cressy was called is extremely uncalled for. I'm truly sorry that you had to hear that, even though I had nthing to do with it. It just disgusts me and it feels like someone has to apologize for such a display, even if I have to do it.

With that out of the way I ask you where this is going? Ever since I got directed here by a good friend of mine I've loved this community and server. A whole lot. and I thank you for this, Loxxy. I truly do. However, I feel that all the drama here on the forums right now and in the GM forums is disrupting this community and if it won't stop it WILL destroy the community. If it continues; I, and probably a lot of other members, will leave and Kretol will probably simply tire and call it quits. Now I have learned during my years on da internetz that ALL communitys die. There is no denying that COTH will die someday for some reason. And it might be caused by what's happening now. If you believe the same please tell me and I will leave now to save me the trouble of waiting and seeing how it turns out.

As an ending, I have to gice kudos to a person I've seen in all threads regarding this. ThePharao. Bet you didn't see that coming. He has a very strong point in all this. We never thank the GM's for all their hard work. We never give them kudos when they do good job, although I try to, and b***h and moan when they do something bad. (Which usually couldn't be avoided, anyway.) The GM's need to be encouraged from time to time. Like this rumoured restart. People b***h and moan like hell because of this. I say bring it on. If it makes you easier for you guys then go on. I feel it's the least thing we players can do for you is ease it up for you once in awhile. There are probably some people that have a lot more chars then I do, so it'll be hard for them to build them all back, but isn't there some kind of logic IC in a restart. It's a Cataclysm. Everybody shouldn't survive that.

I hope I've made myself clear and didn't offend anyone. If I did, I apologize. And, conclusively I need to say that Lucelia and secrettom are probably just trolling in a very extreme way and is possibly watching for reactions right now. And if they are, I must say: Yo, Lucelia, I'm real happy for you and all that, and Imma let you finish. But Anakin Skywalker had the best reagequit of all time! Of ALL time!

Thank you for your time.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
The fact that nobody had anything to say about this made me sad :(
Spoiler:
At this point, I feel that if I agree with you people will say it's because you are trying to affirm Cressy and I in a manner. I appreciate that people recognize me, yes. I didn't appreciate someone bringing a touchy subject such as my parenthood into play.

Other than that, all I can say is thank you for your opinion. Pretty soon here, I think we might make a post as to our feelings on these matters, and what we think. Till then, I keep encouraging people to -constructively- give us input. If you feel you need to do so anonomously, -please- do so.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Rensin Wrote:At this point, I feel that if I agree with you people will say it's because you are trying to affirm Cressy and I in a manner. I appreciate that people recognize me, yes. I didn't appreciate someone bringing a touchy subject such as my parenthood into play.

Other than that, all I can say is thank you for your opinion. Pretty soon here, I think we might make a post as to our feelings on these matters, and what we think. Till then, I keep encouraging people to -constructively- give us input. If you feel you need to do so anonomously, -please- do so.

I'm gonna take that as an indication that the drama is being sorted out. Good. Then I'm staying. At least for a little while longer. I do hope that Cressy didn't get hurt from the comments. I know I would.
Spoiler:
I honestly don't see what the big fuss is... Until now, I've never heard of, seen, nor experienced any drama with GM's.Every GM I've ever interacted with has been completely legit in their job, and an all around good person. The rage posts are a bit much, especially how personal they've been, but that's a different matter all together.

I'd just like to agree that we don't give the GMs enough credit for what they do. They're voluntarily, and pardon my french here, going through this shit. They're not getting payed, and they devote a large chunk of their life to the server. The fact that we're basically pissing on them here is rather absurd, really.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
I usually don't involve myself in these kinds of things, but I have been on the internet long enough and also took extensive study in philosophy and psychology.

The truth is 95% of the people on this server could care less about people leaving, even if those people are "server popular" (which isn't anything special at all). Their grand exists make them look even worse. These are also people who think that because they are leaving, the server will rise up against the GM's. I think secretly these people want to come back/never wanted to leave, and are only doing it for attention.

To put it simply, they are the kind of people, who, without the internet, would be on the street corner claiming that we are all sheep.

The GM's have handled this very well.
Pain is an illusion.
Roxas65 Wrote:We never thank the GM's for all their hard work. We never give them kudos when they do good job, although I try to, and b***h and moan when they do something bad. (Which usually couldn't be avoided, anyway.) The GM's need to be encouraged from time to time. Like this rumoured restart. People b***h and moan like hell because of this. I say bring it on. If it makes you easier for you guys then go on. I feel it's the least thing we players can do for you is ease it up for you once in awhile. There are probably some people that have a lot more chars then I do, so it'll be hard for them to build them all back, but isn't there some kind of logic IC in a restart. It's a Cataclysm. Everybody shouldn't survive that.

I agree with you -so- much. This is all I have been trying to convey, I'm sure I couldn't done it in a more -polite, politically correct manner- But Eh, We're grown. If you can't take it.../shrug I don't know what to tell you. Its not like I slapped you or anything. I want to give a shout out to Jeff's Appreciation Thread Post

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=19073

I appreciate you Roxas for seeing through my rant ( which some considered highly offensive ) and saw what I was really trying to say. I think you should stick it out in CoTH because if you enjoy your RP then it's worth it. It doesn't get any better than this In my opinion. And we have the community, Staff and Players to thank for that.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
ThePharaoh Wrote:
Roxas65 Wrote:We never thank the GM's for all their hard work. We never give them kudos when they do good job, although I try to, and b***h and moan when they do something bad. (Which usually couldn't be avoided, anyway.) The GM's need to be encouraged from time to time. Like this rumoured restart. People b***h and moan like hell because of this. I say bring it on. If it makes you easier for you guys then go on. I feel it's the least thing we players can do for you is ease it up for you once in awhile. There are probably some people that have a lot more chars then I do, so it'll be hard for them to build them all back, but isn't there some kind of logic IC in a restart. It's a Cataclysm. Everybody shouldn't survive that.

I agree with you -so- much. This is all I have been trying to convey, I'm sure I couldn't done it in a more -polite, politically correct manner- But Eh, We're grown. If you can't take it.../shrug I don't know what to tell you. Its not like I slapped you or anything. I want to give a shout out to Jeff's Appreciation Thread Post

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=19073

I appreciate you Roxas for seeing through my rant ( which some considered highly offensive ) and saw what I was really trying to say. I think you should stick it out in CoTH because if you enjoy your RP then it's worth it. It doesn't get any better than this In my opinion. And we have the community, Staff and Players to thank for that.

Then I'm staying. At least for a little bit longer. Although I probably won't show up in-game before the server gets patched up.
Spoiler:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uh, I'm a bit confused over here Mayson 4 1,117 04-15-2012, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Psychyn
  A confused returning player ghaskan 9 2,199 10-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Last Post: ghaskan
  A bit confused here... Rowgen 8 2,164 09-09-2011, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Kira13
  I'm confused... lordvampyrefang 2 775 03-10-2010, 12:05 PM