The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

So a character question about Druids.
I'm not completely sure where to ask this or even if it's covered.

Could I make a druid character that lost his mind in training while in an animal form and 'lost his humanity' so to speak?

Could I make a druid with a custom shape-shift. Like a wolf.

And I supposed my main question is a combination of the two. Could I make a druid who was experimenting with shape shifting forms, managed to go into a wolf form, lose his mind and turned feral.

Thanks!
Well, I believe you don't actually NEED to incorporate amnesia into the character's history to allow them to become Feral. Feral Druids, from what I've seen, are RPed somewhat often.

Regarding the Wolf form, I'm not too sure. I suppose it could be a hybrid sort o' thing of the Bear and Cat form. /shrug
But, I'd get the opinion of a GM if I were you before you plan anything though.
Jeneal jumps into the water. "HAHAHAHAHA!" She turns into a seal.
I don't think custom forms will be allowed, mostly because it'd just be sort of "out of the norm" -and- a little hard to explain a lot of times while RPing. As for going feral, I think it's best to understand that a feral druid wouldn't really by allowed in most cities if any and possibly be attacked by guards when entering.
I agree with pie's motion to ask a GM. And I would like to remind you that the forms are more 'states' then they are actual 'forms'.
Dulche et decorum est.Pro patria muori.

[Image: awawwaw.gif]

Only in death...
I believe that changing the look of a druids form would be something the GMs would not do at a whim. But they would have to comment themselves.

As for the feral druid you describe it sounds like Savagekin, which is a prestige title here on CotH.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Bovel Wrote:I believe that changing the look of a druids form would be something the GMs would not do at a whim. But they would have to comment themselves.

As for the feral druid you describe it sounds like Savagekin, which is a prestige title here on CotH.

This is great and pretty much EXACTLY what I was talking about.
Then I must sadly clarify that savagekin is not a place to start for a character but something you can work for in the future. For more information about it check this page, Prestige Title.

Note; I just felt slightly Piroesque.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.

I don't think having other forms than those ingame is not allowed.
A feral druid or savagekin is indeed a prestige class, but you can always rp the process of become one, which is actually much more interesting.
Thank you both and I shall keep this in mind for my next character. I plan to stay with the one I currently have to get better at RP'ing before attempting to tackle a prestige class.
Hizu Wrote:Thank you both and I shall keep this in mind for my next character. I plan to stay with the one I currently have to get better at RP'ing before attempting to tackle a prestige class.

That's good reasoning. The process of becoming a Prestige is a long one, and your utmost skill and dedication will be required. Not to scare you off though, as I can imagine it being fun to actually hold such a title!
Bovel (and the rest of the crew) pretty much outlined everything, but I'll toss in my two copper.

I would avoid changing into any creature that doesn't have specific lore behind it. This is because each of the forms that druids turn into have a specific totemic representing it, often with a patron to whom they are intimately tied. For example:
  • Druid of the Claw (bear and dire bear): Ursoc, Ursol
  • Druid of the Talon (birds and potentially cats): Aviana
  • Druid of the Grove (treant): Ivus of the Grove.

To my knowledge, there is no lore behind a druid turning into a wolf. However, according to lore druids are not constrained specifically by the sub-species (so to speak) of their respective animals. Druids of the Claw, for example, can turn into polar bears, brown bears, black bear, dire bears, and so on. These are somewhat represented in-game with the somewhat recent patch with the new druid forms available to players as of Patch 3.2. It's my understanding that they unfortunately do not work on Conquest of the Horde.

And, as noted, savagekin would be similar to what you request, but it is a prestige class. Most savagekin tend to be half-elves, oddly enough, though elves and even humans have become savagekin. They are a class that prefers to remain in animal form and tend to associate with the animals whose form they have emulated. As such, you could select any of the totems and claim to be a savagekin of that type -- once you've created your character and submitted a prestige title template.

If you'd like help in this particular area of lore, don't hesitate to speak up! I was actually researching this topic myself until I decided upon a direction that I'd like to go with my own druid, Emese Mistchaser.
Piroska Wrote:
  • Druid of the Grove (treant): Ivus of the Grove.

Woot? The trees have their own patron-thingie?!

I'm in the process of writing a profile for a Druid who mainly uses treant form, if you're interested in treant Druid RP at all Bovel.

Just sayin'. :P
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Might I suggest if you are allowed to be a different form than the norm, you try out model editing? (http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/forum/...15&t=17983)
"...naaaa." She bleated, suddenly very wooly and small.

-Anna
Beltharean Wrote:I'm in the process of writing a profile for a Druid who mainly uses treant form, if you're interested in treant Druid RP at all Bovel.

Just sayin'. :P

I got a druid of the grove.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about Hyjal Flame Druids Nymus 3 2,680 01-13-2015, 04:30 PM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Character ideas that don't play by CotH character creation rules Dae 26 10,334 01-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Dae
  IC OOC L (In-Character Out-Of-Character Location) Judgernaut 15 3,460 03-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Judgernaut
  Greetings, Back, Question on character choice. Talk to me :D Zason 8 1,624 09-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Zason
  Are Druids of the Pack RP'able ? Kira13 10 2,698 05-07-2011, 07:53 AM
Last Post: CharizardDylan