The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Cataclysm Beta Started
The veil of the NDA has been lifted, the Alpha has ended and Blizzard ushered in the Beta of Cataclysm today. Following Blizzards usual work, the beta should last all July, they should take August to press final issues and begin creation/distribution and, as I have predicted, it will probably be released come September.

Huzzah!
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
And so it shall begin.
Wow. Sometimes I forget the past.
In all honesty, I'm a bit surprised at how fast Cataclysm was developed and how thorough they were with new instances (And a new freaking world!), there's so many features to go with this expansion that it makes WotLK look more like a flop. When you think about it, Wrath took more time to develop and wasn't exactly -that- fulfilling. Woo, you killed Arthas. Was still sort of -like- BC, only with less features. Cata sure is to bring WoW in a new direction, however. Both gameplay wise and lore-wise--both which are equally exciting.
So Ivan say to me "Who was talking device then?"

And then Sergei say "But Ivan is dead"

That is when I realize Sergei was bear.
Anski Wrote:Following Blizzards usual work, the beta will last all July, they will take August to press final issues and begin creation/distribution and, as I have predicted, it will be released come September.
What is your source for this?
DrinkArizona Wrote:When you think about it, Wrath took more time to develop and wasn't exactly -that- fulfilling. Woo, you killed Arthas. Was still sort of -like- BC, only with less features. Cata sure is to bring WoW in a new direction, however. Both gameplay wise and lore-wise--both which are equally exciting.

I completely agree - wasn't it something like 3,000 new quests have been added in Cataclysm? Wasn't it around the 1,000 mark for Wrath? Nice job Blizzard.

I really hate the fact that Worgen and Trolls can be druids, though. I can only just accept a Dwarf shaman, but a Worgen druid? Really, Blizzard? I know it's your story and you can make it fit, but it just doesn't seem right.

That's just my opinion, though. I'm sure someone will come along and lore-punch me about how Worgen's were druids before Night-Elves were, and that Trolls were druids before Night-Elves were because they are really Night-Elves and that Dwarves were Gnomes before time existed or something.
Ignorance is bliss, so shut up!
Dwarves were Gnomes before time existed. Done.

;-)

All kidding aside, they've been brewing this puppy for a long time. Way longer than Wrath, and I suspect when it was released they pulled several people off that development team help with this, and leap-frogged the rest into develop of their next expansion.

Kretol, I think what he was saying is that if this release follows their previous examples, this is how it will schedule out. I am inclined to agree. September is a favorite time for new releases because it gives people the time to get it and get into it before Christmas when either a) people will gift it or b) people will realize they HAVE to have a new rig to run it and use Christmas as their excuse to do so.

I know I am. ;-)
Kretol Wrote:
Anski Wrote:Following Blizzards usual work, the beta will last all July, they will take August to press final issues and begin creation/distribution and, as I have predicted, it will be released come September.
What is your source for this?

There's no source, it was speculation. Sorry for any confusion. :I
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
Blizzard has said they are not releasing it at any set time in some press releases.
DrinkArizona Wrote:In all honesty, I'm a bit surprised at how fast Cataclysm was developed and how thorough they were with new instances (And a new freaking world!), there's so many features to go with this expansion that it makes WotLK look more like a flop. When you think about it, Wrath took more time to develop and wasn't exactly -that- fulfilling. Woo, you killed Arthas. Was still sort of -like- BC, only with less features. Cata sure is to bring WoW in a new direction, however. Both gameplay wise and lore-wise--both which are equally exciting.
Been in development longer than WotLK I think.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Returning Player - from before Cataclysm ghaskan 6 1,510 12-06-2013, 07:41 AM
Last Post: ghaskan
  Cataclysm and when we are in it. Thoradin 7 1,854 07-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Nikodemos
  Cataclysm and TRP2 SachikoMaeda 11 2,703 05-02-2013, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Maarten
  Characters of Cataclysm! Hawk 36 6,672 02-17-2013, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Sol
  A Matter of Life And Death (Cataclysm Forsaken Questions) Sol 4 1,370 11-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Dae