The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Clash Company (2010)
[Image: vintage-emblem-with-lionscopy.jpg]

A rather large Orc stands in the center of a crowd. Many were dressed for battle, while others were in common clothing and rags. But all seemed to be awaiting the Orc's command.

Ognor stood to his full height bellowing out to the crowd. "Alright you knuckleheads! If yer participatin' get in a line or go sit down out of da way." Before he even finished the chaos began as people shuffled around leaving about ten participants standing in a line, the rest of the crowd stampeded for the stands. "Good, now that's what I'm talkin' about." Ognor looked over the participants before him as a dwarf came by with a parchment and a writing utensil.

"As he comes by, sign yer names so I know who ye were in case anything happens." He grinned wickedly as they signed their names and he began the preparations for the Tournament.

Guild Info

This is a guild for tournaments. There is going to be more to it later, but for now we strictly run tournaments through all of Azeroth. Any race, class or gender can join, all you have to do is look for the fliers posted around for where the next tournament will be held. Meet there and register to join in the preliminary brawl. You do NOT have to join the guild to participate in the preliminary brawls. Also it will be decided when the Tournaments will be held. It used to be that the Tournaments would be held weekly on Mondays, at around 4pm. GMT-6.

Ranks

Staff

This is the rank for those who do not actively participate in the fighting but help to run things behind the scenes on the Overmind's payroll.

Punching Bag

This is the beginner rank for anyone who fights. You have to participate in at least two of the tournaments, and have won at least two fights to be promoted to Pit Dog. You can also get out of this rank by proving yourself to the Overmind. The details of how to do this are at his discretion, alone.

Pit Dog

This is a combatant who have proved themselves in one way or another and are regular contestants.

Brawler

This is a fighter who has shown superior skill in the tournaments.

Veteran

These are the top contenders for Championship. Or those who were champions and lost the title.

Champion

This is the current Champion of Clash Companies Tournaments. They have proved themselves as the best of the best.

Clash Soldier

This is a mysterious rank, usually comprised of past repeat Champions. Few know how to achieve it, and even less are one. From what is known, they act as like a Personal Guard for the Overmind.

Overmind

He who runs the show. This rank is not attainable by any means other then for the current one to pass it on.
Battle System

We run on a /roll System for the sake of Time and Fairness. Smaller tournaments and certain events may be ran on Trust. WE DO NOT USE PVP MECHANICS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. If that is your thing you'll have to get your jollies elsewhere.

Life: Either 3 or 5hp. Depending on how many are participating.

Critical: Only attack critical is allowed, which is determined by the Attack roll being 50 points or higher then the Defense roll.

Modifiers: No modifiers for a simpler play style.

Initiative: The roll which combatants must do to see who goes first.

Clarification of Battle System

Spoiler:
Each participant must roll for Initiative.

Now, the attacker makes their post.

/e cocks his peashooter back to his shoulder, and takes aim for Elmira's head.

/roll 100

Little Timmy rolls 50!

Now, the defender rolls. If the defender loses, they take damage. If they win, they dodge. If the amount between a defenders roll, and an attackers roll is equal, or greater then 50, it's a critical strike. In which case they take 2 damage rather then the regular 1.

/roll 100

Elmira rolls a 20!

Now that Elmira has failed her roll, she gets shot. She doesn't have 0 HP though, so it can't be a killing blow. She makes her next post and includes how she takes the damage. Then makes a counter attack.

/e throws herself to the side, and the bullet punches into her shoulder. Elmira gets quickly back to her feet, and draws her axe, charging at Timmy and swinging at him in an upwards arc.

/roll 100

Elmira rolls a 90!

/roll 100

Timmy rolls a 10!

HP: Timmy 3/5 Elmira 4/5

Now the round ends. The moderator, or initiating player posts HP at the end of each round. The fight continues until HP reaches 0, here, the loser gets the final say in whether their character just passes out from severe wounds or dies. If it's determined before the fight that it's a death match, their can be only one outcome.

Be respectful of the laws of physics. If you're a gnome. Ya ain't gonna chuck a tauren. Also try and be descriptive and use your imagination. Do NOT just go:
/e punches mean orc guy or anything like it.

This explanation was taken and slightly edited from another member of this site.

Application for OOC Joining.
In-Game Name:
Forum Name:
Character Race:
Character Class:
Position Applying for: (Punching Bag or Staff)

Spoiler:
This is OOC. Hope you enjoyed it, don't be afraid to comment with your thoughts. As for picture used. I surfed the net and did some simple Photoshopping. It used to have spiffy pics for Guild Info, Ranks, and Battle System but alas not anymore. Here's hoping this goes well for round 2.

Plans for Future

Have at least 20 events
Allow Vendors to set up shop during Arena bouts and tournaments stimulating merchant rp and pushing towards an economy, even if it's just gold.
Gambling ring
Ladder system
Registered Clans/Teams/Guilds
Team Fights (2v2,3v3,4v4,5v5)
Create a thriving living Traveling Arena experience

That's just what I came up with off the top of my head. More may be added or removed as they prove impossible or are completed.
Wow. Sometimes I forget the past.
Clash Company presents: Fray Island Tournament!

Spoiler:
[Image: ClashFlier-FrayIslandcopy.jpg]

Horde and Alliance Fliers respectively.

Date and time: Noon GMT-6, Thursday August 5th.

As the fliers note this will be a preliminary brawl to see who will advance to the real tournament. All are welcome, from fighters to gamblers to vendors.

Note Fray Island is located to the east of Ratchet. Off the coast.

[Image: WoWScrnShot_080510_132203.jpg]

The tourney went over very well. Lots of people came and went as they should have over the four hour duration of the event. Thanks to all that came and showed some sort of support for things like this. Glad I could stimulate other rp as well. I noticed people would break off into groups of scattering roleplay as it was going on.
Plain Ol' Reserved.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Goldbucket Trade Company Thoradin 0 711 06-22-2013, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Thoradin
  The Blacklight Trade Company. MrMonkey 0 751 10-16-2011, 08:54 AM
Last Post: MrMonkey
  The Eastern Seas Shipping Company (ESSC) Leon 6 1,338 09-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Last Post: sunday12321
  The Waveharp Company Saiyuu 0 658 08-23-2011, 06:35 AM