The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Custom Skins.
Anyway we can have custom character/model skins (For instance, I have a High Elf skin I'd like to use) for everyone to see on our characters or is this a strictly "No chance" policy?

I didn't see anything on the Wiki about it.
[Image: 8.gif][Image: 3.gif] - Ometh
[Image: 7.gif][Image: 9.gif] - Vyrin - An Undead Warrior who still feels human, plagued by the Infinite Flight.
[Image: 2.gif][Image: 5.gif] - Doryan
[Image: 1.gif][Image: 6.gif] - Zeklettau
[Image: 1.gif][Image: 4.gif] - Drejan
We do not currently offer that. In the past we discussed allowing this to happen (I believe one player was even invited to test out playing a goblin), but this was before the restart when we switched to the new emulator. I don't think that we've explored this option much since the restart, so I'm not even sure if it's possible or if we'll be proceeding with the original idea.

You are only allowed to play the races currently available to us in-game. I'd advise checking out the non-playable races article on the wiki to double-check what we do and do not allow.

Edit: And as a fairly strong hint, you might want to read the article on high elves.
Yes, there was talk about doing this on teh last core. And yes, a player even got to try it out. I also heard that Kretol was interested in implementing this but with the new core, the cde for it isn't teh same, so it doesn't work. May be wrong though, I'm not a genius.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
I already have the code modified and implemented. So, it's ready, I just haven't been in a hurry to try and make it public yet so soon after the switch.
Kretol, my good man, does this mean Stonemaul Ogres? Because if so, Nice Job Old Bean.
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

Kretol Wrote:I already have the code modified and implemented. So, it's ready, I just haven't been in a hurry to try and make it public yet so soon after the switch.

You're a hero.
Kretol Wrote:I already have the code modified and implemented. So, it's ready, I just haven't been in a hurry to try and make it public yet so soon after the switch.

Will we be able to offer our own skins for it or are we limited to races in game?
[Image: 7.gif][Image: 9.gif] - Vyrin - An Undead Warrior who still feels human, plagued by the Infinite Flight.
Mayson Wrote:

You're a hero.

lol @ this.
But agreed. < 3
I don't get it. Are we going to be able to change our models?
Pletious Wrote:I don't get it. Are we going to be able to change our models?
No. Presuming this eventually goes 'public,' whatever model ID chosen would have to be inputted manually (by me) so then when you log in, it'll pull the display from that table for you (similar to how it pulls the scale values from the scale table when you log in).
So... You'll be able to change our models permanently, should we so choose. What models are we talking about here?
Personally, I like the idea. Playing a Warlock's demon would be pretty nice, done right. That would need to be one of the more exclusive characters, but Aemondall needs his Gortzak back.

Also, he refers to...well, anything that's within reason, basically. Dragons are a no. Death Knight Ghouls, Warlock Pets, goblins, and the other special cases. It depends on the situation, I think.
Kretol Wrote:
No. Presuming this eventually goes 'public,' whatever model ID chosen would have to be inputted manually (by me) so then when you log in, it'll pull the display from that table for you (similar to how it pulls the scale values from the scale table when you log in).

So I'm going to assume this answers my question as "no" as well. Thanks.
Ometh Wrote:
Kretol Wrote:

So I'm going to assume this answers my question as "no" as well. Thanks.
I am not sure what you mean by your 'own skins.' It would be -possible- to use any existing model in-game.
I believe Ometh means replacing the textures within the MPQ files, methinks.

That would only be client-sided, however, and nobody else could see the changes unless they themselves patched their MPQ files.
Jeneal jumps into the water. "HAHAHAHAHA!" She turns into a seal.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Potential CotH custom lore world Dae 2 4,928 02-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Maulbane
  Community Inquiry II: Custom Spell for Special Classes CappnRob 17 7,091 08-22-2014, 09:50 PM
Last Post: Grakor456
  Feedback/Questions re: Custom-model characters/NPCs Kretol 50 9,896 07-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Dae
  Custom Hunter Pets Bovel 0 840 02-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Bovel
  Custom Gear Post-Reset hiddengecko 2 1,081 08-31-2011, 10:24 PM
Last Post: hiddengecko