The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Orcs and the Shadow Pact
So, according to WoWWiki Kil'jaeden and the Shadow Pact begins one hundred and thirty-two years ago from current time. Rise of the horde begins seventy-eight years ago, and then ends fifty-one years ago... This means that to have drank Mannorath's blood a character would have to be anywhere from seventy to a hundred and (up to) ninety or so years old.

Grom Hellscream was at the original drinking of the Demon's Blood, so that would mean that Grom is well over a hundred years old at this point, so does that mean any characters who drank Mannorath's blood is now well into their nineties or hundreds?

I was to no in chat, to which I replied;

Well, The Shadow Pact ends at year -40, so that would be 72 years ago at this point. I assume since quite a bit happened between the drinking of Mannorath's blood, and the end of the pact, that there is a span of time between the two... So that would mean that it would probably be at year -45 to -50. And a warrior is a warrior at age fifteen, so, assuming they're at their youngest, at year zero they would have been 60 to 65 years old.

Meaning if a warrior (such as Grom) was to have drank Mannorath's blood, at this current point in time, the youngest they could possibly be is ninety to ninety-five years of age. There's a quote from the RPG books that says Fel energy was sustaining the orcs, which is why they were living so long... That quote being from Lands of Mystery;
Quote:It is said that orcs that have drunk the blood of demons can live for a very long time, since the fel magic sustains them.

What's the verdict on this? I'm trying to iron out my orc's history, and at this point, he's turning out to be somewhere around a hundred and fifteen to a hundred and thirty years old depending on when exactly the orcs drank Mannoroth's blood.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Grom's timeline is very screwy, since he's been around since Warcraft 2 and people didn't really pay much attention to his age at any given point.

I would say that most orcs who drank the blood directly are, by now, pretty much dead. Some might still be alive, but they'd be ancient by this point, and probably not very effective as player characters.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Blizzard doesn't really pay much attention to their time-line.

And we all know no one is allowed to die of age in a Blizzard game.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Alrighty, thanks.
"Every gun..."

"...Makes its own tune."

Sorry for the double post, but I have another question regarding the Shadow Pact and orcs. With the Lands of Mystery quote taken in mind, would the children of the original orcs who drank Mannoroth's blood still be sustained by it as their parents were, or would they have drank the blood themselves? Since the orc's bloodlust went away during the Lethargy of the orcs it seems like they almost need to 'recharge' and drink the blood every few years or else lose the demonic corruption.
"Every gun..."

"...Makes its own tune."

I was of the belief that the Legion took quite some time to get the orcs "pumped up" before offering them the blood of demons. I mean, they managed to create a whole new part of their culture that still stands today, the arena. And I find no place where it says that all orcs got their blood at the same place at the same time.

I guess what you are aiming at is an orc old enough to have drunken Mannorath's blood?
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Pretty much, since it seems like a pretty big deal in the Warsong Clan, which my character Goretan is in. Really though, I'm just trying to iron out all the big lore questions I have before I start to fully write up his profile.
"Every gun..."

"...Makes its own tune."

I-.... Murkthralog is 72 years old. O.o

What mean.. do not even.
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Orcs, Humans, and Factions Oh My! Vladdy 4 1,591 12-19-2013, 07:11 PM
Last Post: ProjectRandom
  Holy/Shadow? Holynexus 10 2,453 05-30-2012, 05:38 AM
Last Post: Holynexus
  Shadow Healing Grakor456 85 13,974 05-21-2012, 07:35 AM
Last Post: LostStranger
  Orcs - Subtle lore from the novels Beltharean 5 1,389 05-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Sol
  "Family Values": A story of orcs and draenei ImagenAshyun 8 2,134 11-27-2011, 11:44 PM
Last Post: Psycho