The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

New RP location requests!

After travelling alot of WoW for RP locations on my own private server, I found some locations which may seem obvious but are never used. Here is a list on locations and places you COULD possibly use with a base level of modification. When I say modification I mean adding stuff like.. buildings and objects like you did for Ratchet Arena before restart. These locations should be on OOC teleporter if this goes through. (PS I am quite feverish so forgive me for any grammar/spelling mistakes) Also to clear up any rumours, yes I was trying to actually ADD new land. However there were no map packs ready until after cataclysm. Also you would need to patch.. blah blah blah complex computing stuff.

Ironforge airfield:*

-Well I don't see why there isn't a teleporter there already, perfect for alliance RP and perfect for all of those technicians out there.

Tanaris Isle:

-South of tanaris there is a completely pointless island with nothing on it but a few pirates and a hyena, (THESE MOBS ARE FOUND MORE EASILY AND LESS DANGEROUSLY ELSE WHERE!) Normally, to get there without water-running abilities, you have to die halfway swiming across, ress, die, ress, and your there. Now I know that in CotH you have unlimited fatigue BUT it is still annoying to get there, therefore, puts people off RPing there. Clear the enemy mobs, put a teleporter. There are already goblin buildings there anyway. Spawn a few row boats as a "travel path" so people can ICly say, "Yeah we rowed here!" and put on OOC teleporter where they are.
25/11/2010 Update
Also, this place has a zeppelin a couple of buildings and an oil rig. Mobs have already been cleared and location tagged with a orcish brawler.
This place is epic for engineers or people who use tech rather than arcane, or maybe both.

Pointless bits of beach with nothing on it in Tanaris (Pirate Coves):*

-I HATE BOOTY BAY! Do you know why? It has all this pirate thing about it, yet if you are a pirate they will kill you on sight *super fustrated face* >:( !!! Same goes for all cartel to be honest, SO! I have a magical answer which will please quite a lot of you sailor RPers out there. We make our own little pirate cove along the empty shore lines in tanaris, these areas are clear of mobs and have the odd shark in the sea (MUST KEEP THEM!) Also they have a decent sized beach which is then covered by moutain. If you ask me, sweet spots for pirates. All we need to do is spawn a couple of buildings and NPCs, make everything neutral and work from there. Though later I was thinking of having pirates rivalry because there are a few of these spots in tanaris.
I have found two of these, both south of tanaris, west side of the bottom tip. The perfect one is a valley with a flat beach, this spot needs clearing of turtles you can find all along the rest of the beach, millions of them seriously, so mob clearing there is nothing.

Dwarven farm:

-In between the mountains of Dun Morough/Loch Modan/Wetlands there is a dwarven farm you can only see from using flight paths. Now that was nice before, but considering we completelty eradicated FPs there is officially no use of these awsome spots. I dunno, some people might want to RP in a quiet and pretty dwarven place, with out fear of level 10 wolves annoying them.

Newman's landing:

-We all know of this place, it's like the first easter egg in wow you find out before an epic adventure of eastereggs. This small abbandoned shack would be very nice for RP, but do one thing, please clear out the annoying new NPCs blizzard have put there.

Northshire waterfall camp:

-Another pretty place added for Flight paths, we all know it, and I am sure many have tried to glitch them selves there. I know I have, but then its annoying getting others to do it for RP. Please put a teleporter there.

Red Tauren Rocks:

-Between the Barrens and Mulgore, there are some rock formations with tribal paintings on them. This area cannot be accessed through conventional means and used to just be a flight path sight. It would be useful for Tauren RP rituals etc etc..

Stonetalon Moutains (Peaks):*

-Near the peaks of Stone Talon Mountains there are a few areas which were used for flight path sights, these areas are a mix between pine woodlands and cut down/burned trees with logging camps. Both would be useful for various different RP storylines and styles.

Tauren Farm:

This is located south of Silithus. There is also an awesome cave to the east of it. This place has already been marked with an orcish brawler.

Plaguelands Shore:

You guys requested it, I still need to find this place.

New Hearthglen:

Underneath the Ebon Hold there are the ruins of New Hearthglen, this location is a pretty sweet spot. Some GM found me RPing there and spawned a mechanical squirrel. It kept beeping at us >:(

Thunder Falls:

This area is found west of Stormwind, it is a valley which goes to the shore of Westfall. You can access it by climbing the hill, by the lake, west of Stormwind. Also furbishing the house would be epic.

Badlands Crypt:

Everyone knows it. Crypt in the badlands pretty epic.

Emerald Dream:

In the druid coves such as Moonglade and the one in Azshara, the Emerald dream would be epic. This can only happen if we all respect the lore and make it only druids who can go.

Battle Grounds:

We never use these areas because we never have enough people to do PvP, also not many people like PvP on this server, leaving ex-pvpers still playing retail like me :P
Use:
Alterac Valley
Arathi Basin
Ilse of Conquest
PvP Arenas

Do Not Use:
Warsong Gulch
Eye of the Storm
Strand of the Ancients

Orgrimmar Arena:

Just make it so we can walk into it, please.

The old orcish interment camps on the island south east of theramore.

Thank you for reading, please post opinions/anything about this post as replies. Also I "Starred" (used ---> * <----) all my favourite ones. There are more, and if you find any more which are not mentioned on this post AND you want it to be added, post it in the replies!

Colours for title represents restrictions on location.

Key Colour:
Alliance
Druid
Horde

BYE!

PS
If it needs be I'll script the LUAs.
"Even a stopped clock, tells the right time twice a day."
Huh. Generally good ideas here.

Maybe we could get OOC portals to each of these places, when the Kretlol has time?
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
I reckon...that we could probably wait a little bit for these locations. In a couple of months, probably just after the new year, Cata will be cracked and we'll be simply flying to these locations ^^ We'd doubtfully ever utilise them consistently, so a teleporter would be a waste. There's plenty of ways to do the types of RP mentioned here, even if these ways would benefit from the locations.

So, I say in the spirit of the Restart [to get rid of spawned stuff and the like], we shouldn't implement these things, and simply wait until we can fly there during Cataclysm :D
Also a point, the more RP locations we make, the less dense the population of each becomes, until you have many RP locations with only one or two in at a time max. :(
Okay, but the pirate thing is a must. Wait a second... not every one has a flying mount. We shouldn't forget about the peons like me. Fine after restart.
To answer to Miah, all of the RP locations are so samey and only a few get used because the rest are basically the same. I am sure a lot of people would love to RP more underground bandit, but they have no where to go. I am sure a lot of people would like to RP pirates, but there is only a ship. Where do pirates go and relax? I know there are people who are annoyed at cartel arenas in Azeroth.
On top of all that, these locations were basically made for RP seeing as most of them have no NPCs, yet super high detail. (As far as wow detail goes) even the ones that do, none of the NPCs are important. Even if only a few make it in, I will be really very very very happy. A few of them are easy to find and only need a teleporter. And I am sure it will separate the massive group of people who all RP in Booty Bay. Think about it, wouldn't it be nice to bring back some separation between the Horde and Alliance characters? I am not saying kill neutral RP, I am just saying WARcraft. Though I admit I need to find more of these places which should be Horde exclusive.
I don't think there'd be a problem in making more places accessible by the teleporter. However, I think it's been pretty much said that with Cata coming we don't want to change the world too much since we don't know what will happen afterward. Also to keep things intact, usually they don't despawn mobs or alter an area. An example would be pre-restart with the ruins of Silvermoon. A lot of mobs were despawned so people could rp there but blood elves lost a major questing area. Same with the Echo Isles, I was a bit perplexed at first when I found out I couldn't do any of these troll quests.
Well, if you are eager for Pirate RP, the boat for on duty, but 'relaxing' on shore could simply be a set up along any line if coast. You don't particularly NEED anything, but I'm sure there's places. Around the back of Gnomeregan for example, there is a hut, or something. I can't remember if it has a jetty too. You get there from swimming down the coast from Wetlands.

Underground Bandit RP? Well. The Underbelly of Dalaran has some shady corners, why not use them for secretive deals and brawls. Nobody's going to find you down there. :D
The Red Rocks one has spawned rocks that are usable as steps, or you can just jump off the zep going from Org to Thunder Bluff.

For the rest, I got those (and more!) marked on a map, with SS's of each, and sent to Kretol after the Meet and Greet.
Note to self: Must look into some of these locations (and sorry, Danalthar, for forgetting about the PM! I've very bad at such things).
I should note that Old Ironforge is where they bury their Thanes, so no one would be allowed there.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Oeh, a great idea!
But would it be a to great request for you to also look for more locations? ;)
[Image: kuzco_llama_by_mroobalooba-d3jkg9p.png]

Oh my god... you didn't...
Do keep in mind the possibility of these places changing come Cataclysm. Perhaps it would be better to wait and see what happens to them?
I agree on that too, but if Kretol knows how long it will be to implement cataclysm..
Then it's maybe possible :)
[Image: kuzco_llama_by_mroobalooba-d3jkg9p.png]

Oh my god... you didn't...
On the southern tip of silithis there is a small farm with tauren features and a cave with relics inside that serves no purpose. You get to it by swimming around the coast. I'm a fan of this place :D
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
As said, some of these places only require teleporters, nothing else. Aphetoros' location is added to my list. It's just to save people from running round for hours and then when they finally get there find out they have to go do something in real life. I mean that happens all the time to loads of people and I just want that problem reduced. For all of us really.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NPC relocating / RP location - Shop & Tavern Psychyn 3 1,200 08-05-2014, 03:01 AM
Last Post: Psychyn
  Icebreaker RP Location Zenethen 3 1,127 08-30-2013, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Zenethen
  Custom Location Suggestion Andy7565 2 1,124 08-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Kimaira
  A Possible Alliance RP Location? Zenethen 13 2,435 08-07-2012, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Wuvvums
  Yet another location for trolls. Kira13 14 5,029 06-28-2012, 05:17 AM
Last Post: Kira13