The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Yet another location for trolls.
You've probably seen, the most of you, that I've recently taken trolls yet again, with the two new ones, Jozz and Jazz, and gave them another chance. They're very different than what I remember from my past experiences, especially with the old Joz.

So along with these trolls, I have began interesting myself into locations for roleplaying with them, as I've seen there's only one or two available. You probably remember my thread, too, the New RP location for trolls, where I've given Yojamba Isle a chance, after consideration with GMs. I am still waiting for a confirmation, but that is not the point of this thread.

This thread is to bring yet another location into consideration, as an interesting place for trolls to roleplay. Some of you may have heard or seen Jintha'Alor?
Spoiler:
[Image: jintha-alor-world-of-warcraft-screenshot-42432.jpg]
[Image: jintha-alor-1-world-of-warcraft-screenshot-32145.jpg]
They're basically some forest troll ruins -but, as the NPCs there depict it- they are not the hulky and muscular trolls, such as the Drakkari or the Amani. No, they are in fact skinny, like the playable trolls. If this means we could roleplay a forest troll without a Custom Model Character, I am not sure, though I'd guess a not, basically because the skin tone of these trolls is primary green. And playable trolls have it not.

Still! After spending quite a lot of time in the ruins with Maleeka, Rowgen's character, we have decided that I really should make a suggestion for this, especially since the place has got everything. And when I mean everything, I'm talking about places from slaving pens, sleeping areas, leader's area, arena even, places to leave your raptor/mount/whatever to rest, to practice areas, any kind of festival area, with drums attached, a cave with a special artifact (whatever that may be. OOCly it is an egg that is Hakkar's, supposedly), and even a ledge to watch over the forest outside the ruins, and the nearby temple, too.

Yes, that is correct. There is a giant temple nearby, The Altar of Zul. Cheesy name, huh.
Spoiler:
[Image: Altar_of_Zul_Digsite_map.jpg]
[Image: Altar_of_Zul.jpg]
[Image: WoW_Cataclysm_Altar_of_Zul.jpg]

/finish
Personally I feel that another troll location (especially one of such magnitude) is a bit unneeded.

I... really don't see much use out of Zul'Gurub, which really could be said to have many of these locations-- and it doesn't even have any mobs which would need to be phased or, if using a phasing portal to be there, any to kill you when you log back in.
Zul'Gurub is quite good already, si it not?
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
Zul'Gurub is also jungle-styled and the playable trolls are jungle/island trolls, CMC aside.
Revantusks are playable, aren't they? I mean, green is a skin color option, and I do believe I've seen a few (non CMC'd) Revans in my short time here.

In response to Yo'jamba -- it's a whole different feel than Z'G, more casual. However, there would need to be a significant rise in trollish RP to justify two or three new locales.
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Non-Playable_Races

Green is a skin color of most jungle trolls and doesn't neccessarily mean forest trolls. Anyways, it says that most non-jungle trolls are ruled out because they need to blend in with their faction. Forest trolls are pretty dang huge and would not.

But I don't know the official ruling. That article is very old, but for the most part I've hear jungle/island trolls were the only ones allowed.
Ever heard about this?
http://www.wowpedia.org/Gurubashi_Catacombs
Maybe this can serve you better. GMs already made Azshara Crater using the old battleground (I think), and this does not have any crips to bother, so it should be easier.
I do not believe we have access to that location (or simply do not know how to access it, if it is still in game.)
It was a cancelled BG (deathmatch didn't work on WoW), I don't know if the graphics are still there.
/revive
We already have a place for trolls - www.4chan.org
(02-07-2012, 08:28 AM)PhilGobatto Wrote: It was a cancelled BG (deathmatch didn't work on WoW), I don't know if the graphics are still there.
From what I've managed to dig up they scrapped it so early on in the process that it doesn't exist in-game anymore. Can't be accessed.

And we got plenty o' places for Trolls! Got two troll cities, one in the jungle and the other in the desert. Plenty o' opportunities for a bit of shaggy fun with those three-toed tuskies.
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
Actually two-toed.
[Image: NXAwd.png?1]
Technically three-toed. Since they have two normal toes and one heel toe. It's technically a toe so long as it has a nail.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
It's basically a heel nail. I wouldn't consider it a toe, though.
[Image: NXAwd.png?1]
...you're really gonna discus wheter a toe is a.. toe, if it has a nail, on a closed topic about a RP location for trolls?
o.o

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NPC relocating / RP location - Shop & Tavern Psychyn 3 1,200 08-05-2014, 03:01 AM
Last Post: Psychyn
  Icebreaker RP Location Zenethen 3 1,127 08-30-2013, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Zenethen
  Custom Location Suggestion Andy7565 2 1,124 08-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Kimaira
  Kalimdorian Humans and Dark Trolls [General Thoughts/Ideas] Unlucky17 6 1,728 11-25-2012, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Rigley
  A Possible Alliance RP Location? Zenethen 13 2,435 08-07-2012, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Wuvvums