The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Right, so I'm about to hit a phase where Redis will be pretty much off doing his own thing, leaving me with only Krian with solid RP. So, I figure it's a good time to reflect over all of my characters, see what else I could do with them, and what I could change/fix. Oh, and you can talk about myself OOCly as well, if you so choose. :3

(Profiled)
-Redis (Human Mage)
-Rogg (Orc Warrior)
-Krian (Blood Elf Paladin)
-Tennas (Human Warrior)
-Dalar (Night Elf Druid)

(Not Profiled)
-Melissa (Blood Elf Warlock)
-Calia (Human Priest/Scarlet Crusader)
-Gale (Undead Death Knight)

Have at it.

Oh, and for those who care, I still would like more feedback about Redis' Handbook, so go ahead and post on my feedback thread regarding it, please.
Hmm..

First of all, I do get some rp in with Krian. He seemed like quite an interesting, normal Blood Knight, despite the fact I rarely see him out of the company of Kil'Jaeden. You establish the fact that he's a traditionalist, which I enjoy. Some characters which won't be named pull off the sparkly-peaceful-Draenei-paladin characterization well, but it gets a little silly when everyone loves humans and is completely selfless.
It may sound funny that I'm thinking of Krian as the personification of Blood Knights v.1, but it's quite true. We need more people willing to show prejudice and dislike, even as paladins.

Redis... I haven't roleplayed with him much, but I always get mixed horror, pity, and revulsion whenever I read from his journal, or play with him. You did an excellent job making him seem human and desperate. He actually kinda frightens me.
I think the one way you could improve him is make him a little less emo. Past a certain point, it just seems like one big pity party for him.

And the OOC aspects.. we have lots of OOC fun on the channel. There are no possible complaints I could make.
That's exactly how I'm attempting to role-play Krian as, a -Blood Knight-. Along the lines of Kil'Jaeden, I'm still waiting for conflict between Krian and Lene/Arlyn to take place. Plus, Silvermoon seems to have emptied after the recent increase in its RP. Sadface.

Redis, has been a emo fest for a while, and I was getting bored/didn't want to feel emo to get in sync with Redis' emoness, sooo that's why he'll be reverting to 'normal', before being forced to drink Fel Blood. I never role-played too much about him then, he was originally an ice mage and much more calculating and not dealing with emotions about his work, which I look forward to RP'ing with. Also it'll tie in with being a Necromancer and all. Overall, there will be less crying and more making zombies and stuff.
Oh, Redis. Redis, Redis, Redis. Pick a side, darnit! >/
The RPs with you did provide lots of fun IC drama and character growth, but alot of the time I felt strung along. Like, you weren't sure where you wanted Redis to go. I do something, then Berenice comes along and undoes it.
And Redis is creepy. Like, jeez. Drugging someone, and then cuddling with them.

Rogg! His and Anna's relationship was interesting. That's...all I remember. What's he up to?

Never RPed with Krian, but old school Blood Knights are awesome.

Tennas. Normal young Alliance patriot. I imagine him infront of a TV watching football. He'd better not die like you planned for him to! >/
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
I allow most events to happen ICly to Redis, so if Berenice wants to mind rape him, it'll happen if Redis can't has good rolls. His death was actually pretty random too, as I was just minding my own business, going from BB back to the Catacombs ICly due to me missing out on the slaves... And I find a Demon Hunter wanting to om nom nom me. :o It does seem a little back and forth, I really try to have Redis be a gray character. He's not -Evil-, but he isn't going to be good either. Finding middle ground ends up weird sometimes.

Rogg... Eh... I dunno. I kinda strayed away from his RP. I was going to have him in that MK tourney, but the time wasn't good for me. Not really sure what he's going to do... Might have him die. /snicker

Tennas... Yes. He's the guy who paints his chest with Stormwind colors at the Argent Tourney, a foam finger in one hand, a flask filled with water in the other... He won't die, unless rolls in war are unkind to him.
Shameless bump. :3
Ah, finally someone I can actually give feedback to.

Only person I've RPed with is Redis. Let's see... Redis, more than any other character I've ever encountered on CoTH, I find difficult to read. This is a good thing. There are times where Kimee is training him and I'm sitting here trying to figure out the reason for him wanting to go down that road. I see him being emotional over Annabelle ( or rather, I can only assume it's over her based on what I know OOCly ), and I can't see why he doesn't listen to her and the rest of the Autumns and turn back before it's too late. It seems to me that he'd be far happier living on that side. I've come to two conclusions: 1. Redis probably never fully understood the reasons for him going down this road himself and/or it was done hastily, but it's a little too late for him to turn back and is now afraid of him and those he loves on the other side being hunted down by his "peers" should he show any sign of weakness or wanting to turn back, and 2. Redis could easily just be very good at manipulating others and every shred of emotion he's shown is a well-played performance and an elaborate hoax involving IC and OOC deceit that will allow you to make a Snape-like revelation down the road. I also realize I could have ( and probably ) missed the mark by several hundred miles with both of these.

As for OOC: I've never had a poor experience with you, and I've never heard anyone express anything different.
Quote:1. Redis probably never fully understood the reasons for him going down this road himself and/or it was done hastily, but it's a little too late for him to turn back and is now afraid of him and those he loves on the other side being hunted down by his "peers" should he show any sign of weakness or wanting to turn back, and 2. Redis could easily just be very good at manipulating others and every shred of emotion he's shown is a well-played performance and an elaborate hoax involving IC and OOC deceit that will allow you to make a Snape-like revelation down the road.

I hate to show off some of Redis' inner core, but I'll give you a little. :3

Spoiler:
It's all very real, so #2 is out, I don't think it's even possible to act some of the things he did. If there was one who could, I'd give 'em a medal. :3

You can say, more or less, he's given up on the 'normal life'. He thinks it's impossible at this point, there really isn't anything to go back to. Only woman he loved is married now, nearly everyone who found out about his past would just outright kill him., or label him as a freak. -He- would most likely be hunted down if he tried to turn away, he knows a bit too much.

All and all, he knows too much, and is already too deep to pull out.

So, his hope now is to piece together his shattered dream. Living alone, off somewhere secluded, and raise a family. He won't be able to get the latter request... Which tears him up on the inside. So he'll try to make due with mastering Necromancy, since his life really is already in ruins. He will attempt to be an uncorrupted Necromancer, of some sorts. Sticking to rune-style and such.

So... We'll see if he gets his wish. Chances are he'll just be sucked right back in. :3
Random bump. Would like more feed-back on Redis, along with Krian/Melissa if you met 'em. Possibly Calia, tho she only got into one RP lately. :3
I feel pretty special because I got to see Redis change from your very first concept of him all the way to the epic necromancer he is now. I have to say, he's one of the few characters I know of that have been through so much and gone through a lot of different phases. Its more or less like he's grown up. And I like that. I haven't had much contact with you now (But that should change!) but from what I've seen he's not the same Redis he was in the beginning, yet I'm sure some of that old stuff still plagues him.

He's gone through an interesting evolution of character is more or less what I'm trying to convey. I applaud you for taking him on that journey and also for actually taking the journey. Not simply saying 'I'm bored of rping with him this way, lets change it up.'

I can't really say much else but we must rp sometime so I can get to know the Redis that exists now!
[Image: c9eda896-b205-41b9-9f52-22b1e122210f.jpg]
Oh, Redis. The shenanigans Anna and he have gotten into.

I think the necromantic corruption happened a bit too quickly, but I suppose that's a CotH mechanic...or something. Despite his emotionally dead state, I love the fact Anna can still find things to pick at what emotion he has left. I don't think these two will ever really be rid of each other.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Duraza Wrote:I feel pretty special because I got to see Redis change from your very first concept of him all the way to the epic necromancer he is now. I have to say, he's one of the few characters I know of that have been through so much and gone through a lot of different phases. Its more or less like he's grown up. And I like that. I haven't had much contact with you now (But that should change!) but from what I've seen he's not the same Redis he was in the beginning, yet I'm sure some of that old stuff still plagues him.

He's gone through an interesting evolution of character is more or less what I'm trying to convey. I applaud you for taking him on that journey and also for actually taking the journey. Not simply saying 'I'm bored of rping with him this way, lets change it up.'

I can't really say much else but we must rp sometime so I can get to know the Redis that exists now!

Yush, he has waddled through some stuff and jumped the hoops to get where he is today. I really didn't know where Redis was going, but now he has more or less picked one road to stay on, and he ain't getting off. We'll see where it takes him!

Though, it does seem we'll be able to RP some moar, looking forward to it.

c0rzilla Wrote:Oh, Redis. The shenanigans Anna and he have gotten into.

I think the necromantic corruption happened a bit too quickly, but I suppose that's a CotH mechanic...or something. Despite his emotionally dead state, I love the fact Anna can still find things to pick at what emotion he has left. I don't think these two will ever really be rid of each other.

Much shenanigans.

However, the only means of justifying the amount of corruption that he is going through is total abuse of Necromancy and Shadow Law, which he's about to start wearing it all the time. He -does- have some emotion, but he really just stores it away and doesn't listen to his heart. He's a logical thinker, now-a-days.

But yes, Anna is one of the few people would could jab at Redis emotionally. /shakefist
Bump. Looking for feedback more on...

Dalar Shadowpelt, Druid of the Claw!

- Since, it's been the first time I had actually gotten full and complete RP with the character... I'm wondering how I am doing.

Then, of course, there's a list of Redis, Krian, and Melissa.. The characters I can think of off the top of my head that I had RP'd with recently.

Or if you wish to take a jab at me OOCly, go ahead! I won't be mad!

Maybe.
Dalar... Oh dear.

I love Dalar. He's crazy. He loves his forest, and would do anything to save it, as well as stop the fraternizing of other Kaldorei with the Horde, or, really anyone tho isn't Kaldorei.

Mythor approves of him, not least for his job of healing Nightbane. <3 Keep up the good work!

As for Redis...

Well, I don't really know what to say. I'm proud to have been able to see Redis grow and change over the past 5-ish months. He seemed rather secluded in the beginning, not entirely sure if what he is doing is really right. Slowly, he seems to have changed. His emotions have left him. He seems to be a cold, heartless, emotionless man. Nowhere near as evil as Aulten, but still. He's getting there.

I applaud you, McKnighter. <3
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
First of I kinda want to know if you actually killed Grahouk (my alt) back at the event with Gromtakar. I wasn't really paying attention... o:b

Alright, onto the feedback!

I've enjoyed the bit of role-play I had with Redis, how he seems totally absent from everything, just not caring. Coriv was subtly mocking him inside of the tavern, and he just looked at him with an absent stare. He seems like the kind of person who's actions are just impulsive, and if you'd put him in a classroom, he'd most likely be that kid who never talks, but is really good at just doing his homework, getting A+'s (you know what I mean). Also, I like how you added abit of "spice" to him, by making him a necromancer. He doesn't seem to be the stereotypical necromancer, who just cackles and kills people. He'd seem just "True Neutral" to me, seeing as it feels like that he's not really "capable" of judging if what he is doing is wrong or right. To me, it seems like he's just following his instincts, living one day after the other.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cappn Feedback 4: Feedback 4Ever CappnRob 1 4,611 08-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Zenethen
  Jumping on the bandwagon a little late? muhaha8 10 1,466 01-22-2011, 08:14 AM
Last Post: muhaha8
  Another bandwagon passes by. Miah 5 1,295 11-12-2010, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Miah
  Moose Joins the Feedback Bandwagon Moose 4 912 01-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Tarne