The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

IC Money@@@
Alright the 3 '@' was unneccesary.

Anyways.

I remember that we had this IC valuta called "Silver Coin" or something like that, before the restart. It was used in Frostband etc. and I thought it was a REALLY good idea. Even though we got the .addrpitem command now, wouldn't it be possible to make the item's ID lower than the 20000?

The great thing about it is that people can't just buy anything from people, and it actually feels like you earned money when you trade stuff with someone. It's alot more realistic that the average commoner has less money, than the noble merchant.

It will actually make some sort of economy on the server also.
To spread the economy, I thought that there could be a thread(a GM made) where people should fill out a format, for money. I recall something similar to that was going on pre-restart.

Please put it back in :D!
...It's really too much work, for too little gain.

People should understand how much money their character ICly carries.

The only thing I ask is that we figure out the relative values of each kind of coin. I see people throwing about gold coins like its nothing, and some treasuring one coin. It's confusing.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Dwarven explorer's get two gold a day when not a mission.
EDIT; Five during official missions.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
The IC valuta solves that thing Xigo. It also makes more merchant, drug dealing and slavery RP going on. If you knew that you could buy stuff with your silver coins and bribe people you would have feeling of much the valuta is worth.

The problem with people throwing around with coins is exactly what it solves. If you get mugged, people get your "coins" etc.
And no, it's not alot of work. Implenting an item doing called "Silver Coin" or something like that, make it's ID under 20000 and make a thread. Not much harder.

Might even give some Silver Coins to rich guilds, guild bank.

I think this is a good idea.

@Bovel: 2 gold pieces are alot of money, you know. In a month, you've earned enough for most stuff around the bay.
Jurkey Wrote:@Bovel: 2 gold pieces are alot of money, you know. In a month, you've earned enough for most stuff around the bay.
Based on? Problem is that we do not have a good frame of reference for the money cause gamemechanics picture this poorly. Explorer's daily payment is given in lore and I know only of a few more values of things given in.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
That's why we should invent this again.
I see alot of people buying slaves for around 75 gold, just to put them free.
Besides, if you got bribed IC by around 10 gold - with "Coins", you would think it was more realistic(I bet).
It just gives a feeling of that you have actually -earned- the gold.

And it actually makes me people go get work.
Everyone have to -earn- the money.
The thing is how do you distribute said money without making a huge load of work for the GMs? And I know there was a time when a free thing(don't know if it was IC gold or not) was given to a new player, causing some people to reroll a character, mail the thing off to an alt, and then delete. So we'd either have a lot of work, or something that works automatically but gets exploited.
With some kind of SQL script, you could run through the MySQL DB - I think it would be possible, to give all characters like 200 silver coins or so.
Or you could apply in a thread for coins, needing a reason etc.
Well, yes. But the thing is, we try to avoid having the GMs do somewhat silly things like this.

The reason the addrpitem system in place is...well...so they don't have to worry about answering so many tickets! Or at least, it's one of the reasons!
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
This is a good idea, however, all the work will be the GMs, and frankly, they have enough work as it is. This is unnecessary.

All it takes is for people to realize how much currency is worth. I do think a guide should be made and I -think- Anski has already actually done one.

From the top of my head, I can remember that a sheep is about 2 gold, a common slave somewhere around 30 and a cup of ale just around a few coppers.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
I have another idea:

All guild leaders could apply for some sort of "arrangement" with the GM/Admin Team. If your guild has over <insert number of players> and is "rather" active, you could get some silver tokens every weekend or so.

Let's say a guild called "Dusthammer Blades", which was a mercenary guild wanted to get the IC valuta. They would apply in a thread on the forums, and would get <guild members * 50> coins every weekend. The guild leader would deal out the coins fairly to everyone. This way, the guild members could go buy stuff from other players, bribe, get jobs, etc.

The economy would start to grow fast, and people would maybe rob other people for coins? I think it would be interesting, to actually -have- this sort of valuta. The thread thing would make less work for the GMs, other than making a thread and format - and people follow it.

If guild leaders took all of the IC valuta for themselves(without agreement with their guild/GM Team etc.) it would be punishable.
So in the the start, only guild members actually have an income. Sounds kinda unfair.
Spoiler:
Isn't that pretty similar to real-life? If you don't have a job, you don't have money.
If you were a business man of some sort, I guess you could apply too.
Every single character would have a reason to have money and then we come right back to the whole "Too much work" thing. Because GM's would need to take requests from -everyone.-
Spoiler:
Jurkey Wrote:Isn't that pretty similar to real-life? If you don't have a job, you don't have money.
If you were a business man of some sort, I guess you could apply too.

Except not all guilds are considered jobs and some people make jobs and stuff without a guild. Like even without a guild take, the Anti-Punt Gnome League and the Blackrose Sailors exist as working groups.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Coinpurse, aka money IC and OOC and stuff liek dat Kenert 18 3,055 01-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Spiralin
  Money duracell09 21 3,799 12-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Last Post: duracell09
  How to earn money? Rantiz 2 904 07-31-2009, 05:05 AM
Last Post: Dilly
  Money Problems Eddyward 9 1,628 05-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Thayan