The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Problem with repair.exe
Heya,

A friend has just installed WoW, patched it to the CotH level, got himself accepted, yadda yadda. Now when he tries to run WoW.exe, he seems to miss an archive.

The best way seems to clear the cache folder and run repair.exe, however when running it, he gets a mistake saying the download servers would not be reached. I have tried - I can't connect them either.

No, his firewall isn't blocking repair.exe, nor has he activated LAN proxy settings (they bug with the program.) He uses Windows XP.

Edit - please move this thread to the relevant forum. I didn't notice I was posting in the General Discussion one.
Hmm... Just a wild guess, but try going back to using the .wtf file for retail WoW when patching? When you use a private server you change the patchlist in the .wtf document(And some other stuff I can't remember.) So that might be the problem. :P Just a guess, anyway.
Spoiler'd because of lag. *-*
Spoiler:
[Image: zombiepartyhard.gif][Image: zombiepartyhard.gif][Image: zombiepartyhard.gif][Image: zombiepartyhard.gif][Image: zombiepartyhard.gif]

Zenzil <Brainwashed Troll Nub> "Ey dere. Can I 'ave ya arm?" *
Hal Howells <Emo Scarlet Palanub> "Y-y-you are-e b-better t-than me, a-and yo-ou k-k-know it." *
Repair usually works anyway. My guess is. . .Well. . .I'm no pro, but if the repair.exe does use internet to help fix your WoW, which I think it does, it would be unable to fix your WoW folder, seeing as how retail has moved on to patch 4.0.3a and a slightly different code. The old stuff that we use here on coth would not fit with repair.exe and it would be unable to fix it. But hell, what do I know. Just a guess.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
All else failed... :{ Sooo, I'm going to reinstall in hopes it works!
Okay, it turned out patches were enGB where the game install was enUS. Problem solved, thanks a lot :>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Problem of Prestiges Grakor456 195 34,813 08-13-2011, 01:38 PM
Last Post: SpiralLateralus
  Problem: Banned, because of Gay RP(not sex) altairassassin13 20 3,554 09-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Grakor456
  Bit of a problem Benislav 2 817 05-22-2010, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Problem... Vagabond 0 575 03-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Vagabond
  Big problem! Drust 3 900 10-14-2009, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Kaghuros