The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Random facts about our RP styles and signatures
This is a bit similar to Random facts about our characters except rather than focusing on one character at a time, this focuses on the characters as a whole and how they relate to our play styles and RP signatures. Here, you can talk about your favorite themes in exploring RP, the archetypes you favor RPing, or silly observations you made on your toons, especially if the things you observed were unintentional.

For clarification: Play styles are simply how you prefer to RP as a whole, be it how you describe your character's actions, what kinds of RP you are particular about, and how you design events if you run them. Signatures would be the things you deliberately "stamp" your RP with because they appeal to you, to the point that other players know it's you OOC; they can be as simple as a recurring theme among your characters or stories, or very specific archetypes you RP as no matter what.

Whatever facts you would like to give out can be either and/or both :)

Here are mine as an example:

Spoiler:
  • Female-to-Male crossplaying. I tend to prefer RPing men because RPing women tends to bore me than not (as I'm female already).
  • Support characters. I'm seldom the hero or even the (main) villain. I tend to favor background characters or minions because I enjoy seeing someone else be the hero/main villain. Even better when I make someone else the hero/villain by playing the support character.
  • Non-verbal communication. I often place emphasis on facial expression and body language whenever I RP. Each of my characters unique sets of expression.
  • High quantity character lists. I absolutely do not like focusing on only one character or a small few at one time. I also cannot stand character number limitations unless it's self-imposed.
  • Cast herding. I avoid character "benchwarming" by making sure I circulate them within herds in any given RP circle. An example of a herd is the Hunter-Colemann family (Kogan, Kitson, Elsamina, Gunther) and TLE/Liwa'nag (they're the same herd. Kapre, Diwaata, Mahen'tosh, Kantado, Tibalan).
  • Internalized personal stories. If my characters do not have a personal story, I have no interest in RPing them.
  • Pre-established character templates. I've been writing and RPing since I was basically a little girl. A few of my eponymous archetypes have already been rolled while a few originated in CotH. Kapre and Mahen'tosh originated in CotH while everyone else is from my original works.
  • The Smile. Smiles have heavy thematic weight for me, and each smile on my characters is unique and possesses its own story. They are usually related to the character's emotional health and life motives than they are to personality and environment.
  • Good End/Bad End Romance. While I do love RPing romance, there is no guarantee our couple will end up happy. Sometimes the bad end is due to my character's part.
  • "I love you." Regardless of the relationship (familial, romantic, platonic), love will always be explored. I actually tend to be more partial to family and friendships than I am with romance.
  • The Troubled Old(er) Man. Admittedly my most favorite archetype to RP, seen in the likes of Mahen'tosh, Dino, Gunther, Urameil, Willelm, and Polore. Not only because their age allows them leniency to "soften", but because they, in many different ways, remind me of my dad.

Go on ahead and gush about yourselves!
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Spoiler:
The quotes - Every time my character says something, it will always be in quotes. It doesn't matter if it's in whispers, chat or party.

progress - I only play characters that have dramatic progressions throughout their RP session. For example, even the smallest talk with Celen will make her progress in some way or the other. I love progressing.

causing stupid amounts of trouble - The thing about me, is that I love causing trouble. You could consider it the childish side of mine. My characters will always have a childish part in them that will do a prank.
With Celen it's clear! Valia and Rahirn is the way they joke. Cayia has Vekyla which does the comical part.

I do not have any melee - All of my characters but a few are ranged - typed characters.

I tend to persist on realism - Sometimes, if I combat RP and I get an emote towards the throat / any vital area and I wont get any CW, I would ask to change the attack. I don't like RPing a person with a hole in his stomach walking it off like a champ.
Spoiler:
  • Chaos: Any event I host has the potential to devolve into this.
  • Middle-aged men: A good portion of my male characters are this, or getting close to that age. I like them for their balding potential. Refer to the last bullet point. Also, this is a good age for somebody who has a stubborn and unchanging personality, so I like the age-range for that reason as well.
  • Backpacks: A lot of my characters have these.
  • Self-insertion spread thin: Instead of inserting all of my personality and real life problems into one character, I put one or two of my own qualities into each of my characters. Since I have a good number of characters, I've successfully separated author from character.
  • Professionals: A number of my characters aren't built upon their potential for combat, but instead are people who have taken on a specific profession, such as being a fisherman or a farmhand.
  • Pain and strife: None of my characters escape it! None are safe! None whatsoever!
Spoiler:
  • Feminine Touch - I will play female characters ~90% of the time because I find it easier to relate to a female mindset more than a male.

• Hot-headed Youth - This would have to be my favorite character archetype because I can easily fit into the mind of a young person who's always looking to prove themselves or leap to someone's aid without a second thought.

• Body Language - This is a big thing for me in characters and my emotes will often me in /me instead of /s because even something as simple as saying 'hi' will be accompanied by a wave, nod or smile.

• Bits 'n' Pieces - Each of my characters will have at least one of my traits. Whether it be something small such as liking cake or something more influential like a short temper when provoked.

• Self Defense - Most of my characters, even non-combatants such as Tessen, have at least some means of self defense because I think it's important for people to be able to protect themselves to some degree.

• Curiosity - All of them have it because I have a chronic case of it.
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
Spoiler:
  • Variation (Kinda) - Whenever I take a break from CotH, I come back and start with a fresh slate of characters. There are always four characters, and three of the four are a Night Elf (or, as with Fenastik, a Highborne), a Dwarf and an Orc.
  • Older - I tend to play older characters, or at least ones around the middle of their life. If I play a younger character, then I try to emphasize their youth at points.
  • Lack of connections - Previously, I refused to let my characters know eachother. This has recently changed, with Farlia/Ydir knowing eachother (TB), Fenastik and Tarin knowing eachother, and lastly with Sapna knowing Farlia, Ydir and Tarin(All TB). Still, they're not really active relationships, so to speak. (Psst, TB means that they met at Tol Barad)
  • Defensive - The majority of my characters focus more on defensive abilities than offensive, to the point of two of my active characters knowing next to nothing offensive (Shayanra being a Druid of the Grove, and Farlia being an Abjurer).
  • Beards - Almost all of my guys have facial hair. Fenastik's the only one without that I can think of in my entire time on the server.
  • Basis - While some people base characters off of themselves in some way, shape or form, I base them off of the people around me. First Bauglir and now Shayanra shared characteristics with my dad, Sapna's fairly akin to an old friend of mine, etc.
Spoiler:
  • Gender Neutral - I have no particular preference in male vs female. In my total count of PCs (Not counting event-only characters) I'm at a count of 11 males to 11 females.
  • One of two extremes - Most of my characters tend to be either fairly young, or fairly old. Very few fit into the middle-ages.
  • Noblebright - After a lengthy time of my RP spent with characters wallowing in sadness and depression and the like, I've taken an inclination to brighter settings and more light-hearted situations.
  • Lawful Good - Surprise to no one. I love my do-gooders.
  • Don't you dare say it... - A bit of a self-insertion, a count of my characters tend to have minor knee pains every once in awhile- usually matching when my own knees are in pain.
  • Ballroom Blitz - Almost all of my characters are melee-inclined.
Spoiler:
Cowardice I've been told I have a penchant for playing cowards
Asexual Out of a personal reluctance to engage in RP relationships my characters tend to have some reason to not be attracted to anything
Walking Jokes Most of the characters I stick with have some element that I find funny, otherwise I wouldn't stick with them.
Awesome As I am the creator all of my characters are awesome love me
Spoiler:

The Commander: I tend to play the military character, more often than not they are leaders of something.

The Bad Guy who turns into the Good Guy: Somehow, I've found it's nearly impossible for me to play a bad guy outside of an event chain-specific character. Whenever I do, the bad guy always turns good in a way.

Explosives and Explosions: Anybody that knows Old Dalikan or Mirran should know this one for me, but I tend to have characters that enjoy a little more bang for their buck.

Always the humans with you: While I do enjoy RPing other races, there is no greater race amongst my number of characters than humans

But that guy has a future storyline!: When it comes to trying to clear space for either a new brilliant new idea or a new event character, that one slot that could be opened is too hard to decide :|

That was really uhh... Sure, yeah: My physical emotes are varied in complexity from simple 'he stares and laughs' to 'he slowly stares around the room and looks at X as they tell their joke then chuckles'.

The Waves and FORGET RULES: My events are often waves and back-and-forth, not so small as each group, but whole party. Also, who needs rules before you start rolling? Nobody, that's right.

Spoiler:
*Old or Wise Beyond Their Years: I tend to play a lot of mature characters, whether grannies and older women or characters that seem very mature for their age (Dibykali being my biggest example of this).

*Street Fighting Man: I prefer non-magic characters, especially close quarters ones, as I never usually have the right feel for scale and scope in magic. I won't turn down an awesome magic concept if it comes, but those are usually the exception, and those characters tend to use magic to augment their melee. Even my mage was a teleporter who stabbed things with her sword more than she cast ranged spells.

*Hey Baby, What's Your Sign?: Even though Remyl is my well-known womanizer, my characters are largely flirtatious or extroverted, since I find it easier to initiate RP on those types of characters.

*I Don't Roll Like That, Son!: I'm a huge fan of RP fights, preferably with people I know, but even with I just met I'll try a non-rolled combat on most characters to feel them out.

*There's Just This One Thing...: I like giving my characters at least one odd quirk/fetish about them, because I believe most people realistically have that one thing about them that they may not openly talk about or address. One of my favorites was my Gnome with a fetish for elf ears (and no, it's not the one that married a BElf).

*Puppetmaster: My characters who are "leads" and not side characters still tend not to take center stage. I like subtle manipulators, the drawback being that sometimes conditions don't stay consistent long enough to see those plots through.

*Will The Real Jonoth Please Stand Up?: The more characters I create, the more I realize they represent aspects of myself. When I made Remyl, I thought I was making someone totally different from my own personality, then slowly either the Remyl in me took over, or more likely I just started letting him out of the cage. My characters represent a lot of my values, guilts, fears, and even some quirks (not the elf ear thing though XD).
Spoiler:

no gurlz allowd: I outright refuse to play a female character. All my characters have and will always be male for many reasons. All my male characters usually tend to have beards as well. Beards are awesome.

WAAAAGGGHHH: I'm sure anyone who knows me will agree that I have a very, very strong tendency to play melee characters. The most magical characters you would see me with are a Shaman/Feral Druid or an assassin using shadow magic. Mages, Priests and Warlocks bore me to death. I think the most enjoyable RP would be a small group of close companions, such as the Fighters Guild in Oblivion.

"You call THIS civilised?" I also absolutely love playing the less civilised races, such as Trolls. Maybe it stems from my own views of society today, but the more "savage" races just seem far more appealing. It's a lot of fun playing a character introduced to foreign, "normal" ideas and customs. (Try explain the reason for a lease/deed to Mokaku.) Gnomes are my least favourite race for this reason too.

Fear No Evil: I usually play neutral or neutral good characters. I steer away from villains or characters who follow a strict code. The former because I lose interest in villains at the drop of a hat, and the latter because I enjoy flexibility.

Racism! My characters tend to be very prejudiced against outside races. Usually they're able to put differences aside in dire situations, but overall they tend to avoid the company of races they do not trust and will go to war against a race even if they've befriended a few of them. Mokaku is likely my most neutral character I have, but even he still holds onto old hatreds. He just doesn't let them overcome him.

Damn kids... I don't gain much enjoyment from playing characters that are too young. I'm not entirely sure why, honestly. They usually range from about 26+ to their fifties. If they're a non-combat character, they could be over 60. My characters are mature 90% of the time.

Jokes!: Even my serious characters will tend to make a pun or get themselves involved in comical, ludicrous situations. I enjoy having a laugh! A sense of humour is a trait all my characters share - or entertaining others at their expense.

There are more I could've added, but I didn't want to make the list too long.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Hawk, you forgot to mention your rolls

:||||
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
Spoiler:
  • The Underdog - None of my characters are truly skilled at what they do. It helps me focus on tactics and delivery instead of exact power.
  • True Neutral - Man or female, good or evil, possibly any race.. I will not hesitate to try something new or new-to-me. It doesn't always work out but there's always next time.
  • The Devil is in the Details - Rest assured if I bother typing it out, there's a reason for it. A specific type of attack, a timely shoulder shrug of indifference, a smile or a lack of one. Every action or word is a hook waiting for someone to bite and ask, "Why did..?".
  • Spoiled Rotten - I dislike spoilers. If I tell you something OOC, it's probably because I can't imagine a IC situation where characters would discuss it. I will theorycraft with you all day and ship everyone together, but they never come with a guarantee.
  • Hard Mode - Give me my brutal combat RP, difficult relationships, terrible training and tangled up knots of loose ends. I never give my characters rest from being pushed, pulled, shoved into the mud and dragged around. Mental duress? You betcha!
  • I'm Taking You With Me - All my characters start with being available for romantic pursuit. Company makes life all the more bearable, no matter the dire situations.
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
Spoiler:
The Chaste: A vast majority of the characters I've played are extremely chaste, to the point that a mere hug might cause him/her to distance themselves for they'd feel it's 'going too fast', unless of course the one to hug my character is a long-time friend or lover.
Strong Female Characters: With the major exception to my most recent character (Mildred Blackthorn) I have a tendency to play strong female characters, to break the stereotype of fragility. Now these characters aren't cold hearted or anything, they very much still have emotions, but they also won't wilt over the smallest things (again exception to Mildred)
Vague-to-Paragraph emotes: This is more of a fault of mine than anything, but there are times where my emote could simply be "so-and-so shrugs and rolls his/her shoulder" or on the other side of the spectrum "so-and-so shrugs after letting out an annoyed sighed, briefly rolling his/her shoulders as s/he scans the area for potential trouble"
Mentally Unwell Something I can't seem avoid are characters with some sort of mental ailment, this doesn't always mean bi-polar, schizophrenia, or out right sociopath. Simply having phobias, to me at least, adds a nice layer to a character. Admittedly I -have- played a character with severe schizophrenia before, but that was after a year of playing the character and going through a vast number of stressful situations, to which the character simply snapped.
Defender A vast majority of my emotes are simply reactions towards the emotes of others, this is primarily in battles. In my past, if I ever tried attacking someone and being offensive I'd 9/10 get an emote like this: "So-and-so sees the attack coming and merely jumps to the side with amazing grace, delivering a lethal shot from her bow towards her opponent". Because of this my fights normally consist of me being the counter/defender
"The only difference between myself and a madman is this... I am not mad." ~ Salvador Dali

[Image: Forum_sig_zps9b330420.jpg]
Beep. Bop. Boop. Gunna post in this thread. Hurr-de-hurr.
Spoiler:
I'm The Hero!: My characters tend to be really outgoing and courageous in their own way. They can hot headed or calmly cool mannered, but in the end they support their friends and like to help. They also tend to like being in a leadership position.

Girls Got To Stick Together: I play a lot of female characters because I am female myself. I do want to play male characters, but the majority of my characters are my gender.

Faction Master Races: As in.. Humans of the Alliance and the Blood Elves of the Horde. Those are the two races I play the most. I hope to get a balance of all the races and classes one day because I want to be a jack of all trades.

We Come In All Shapes And Sizes: I tend to have a range of body shapes with my characters. Top heavy, bottom heavy, both, or no curves. Then height wise I try to have a range between the tall and short spectrums. There's also width, but I'm going to stop since you probably have the general idea.

I'm Sexy And I Know It: I don't play ratchet characters, ever. (Yes, I used that word. It means trashy and ugly to me.) They're either average or above average. They're usually confident with their looks and some try to flaunt themselves off to benefit themselves.

Stick To Your Own Kind!: Occasionally there are interracial relations, but in the end all my characters will stick to their own race. No marriage for you, only flings that don't mean anything.

In Simple English, Please: I don't have a wide range of vocabulary because I like going straight to the point. My emotes and what not are often repetitive. I am a "plebeian" who doesn't understand "purple prose".

Inconceivable! Or... Is it?: I am an idea person. That is why I never get profiles done because there's always some better idea that I come up with. It's also why I occasionally DM in RPs with close friends. I like using my imagination. I get all giddy when I help people develop a story or concept.

Knock, Knock! Anyone Home?: I'm lazy and slack off in RP here and there. I also poof away and poof back. Life is hard.
Quote:"Your faction is the underdog right?
You always lose and suck at everything.
You lose towns, people and your second in command is a 14-year old who uses dark magic on his protectors and runs away alone the the wilderness."
- Panoss from the WoW retail forums
Taking a vague crack at it, then, I suppose.

Spoiler:
This One Goes Out To...
To begin with, most of my characters have some kind of reference to music in them. This ranges from a title to the entire character concept, down to dialogue.

The Evil That Men Do
Moral ambiguity is my thing. A lot of my characters aren't pure or righteous, and a lot of my themes involve questioning what is good and evil. That or the corruption of innocence, and the redemption of the corrupt.

Go Forth and Die
So far I've been the only person to kill any of my characters. It's gotten to the point that I know how a character will die before they even get substantial RP.

Life During Wartime
All of my characters have reflected on the wars in this world, and many have reflected on the current war. Some hold this as their entire purpose as a character. One was written in reference specifically to this song.

Maggot Brain
Many of my characters have been undead, and many of my undead characters explore what the trauma of death and raising might do to a mind.

Better Living Through Chemistry
Once again, many of my characters have been engaged in some form of alchemy or medicine. It's really quite fun to study.

Enjoy the Silence
Almost all of my characters have displayed a sort of introverted quality, in that they prefer the comfort of pure silence fairly often.

Hey, Cruel World...
Life is not kind to my characters. Some are born into poor circumstance, others have poor circumstance thrust upon them. What is certain is that all suffer.

Forwarding the Cause of Science
Many of my characters are intellectuals. Many of those are scientific minds. 'Nuff said.

Human After All
Though many would refuse to believe it, they are all fallible and limited, and have been confronted with this at some point.
10,000 days in the fire is long enough,
You're going home...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random facts about our characters Saiyuu 181 38,186 12-30-2014, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Random Fun-facts about your characters. Uguu 28 4,497 01-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Sadron
  Ultimately Random: A New Way to Create Characters Murcielago 1 1,025 11-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Meltharas006
  Random family photo of Lendri and her kids. Tylein 5 1,509 10-19-2011, 05:37 AM
Last Post: Ebenezer
  Wuvvums' Random Ramblings on the Server Wuvvums 34 6,026 08-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Last Post: Wuvvums