The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

IC Warlock ban
I'm just making this thread here because well, there was a kind of situation happening on Stormwind today, about half an hour ago before this post.

A GM (or someone else) played as a guard, banned my Warlock from Stormwind. I don't mind the decision because there was a reason for this to happen, but the person (possibly GM) refused to say who it was (GM forum name, for that matter).

IC Characters involved were: Beatrice, Pete, Demetrius and Craer.
... Why were you banned? Unless you were doing something completely stupid, you shouldn't be banned. Surprisingly, Warlocks are tolerated in Stormwind, so long as you don't do stupid things. If you performed aforementioned stupid tasks, you'd likely be executed, not banned.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
muhaha8 Wrote:... Why were you banned? Unless you were doing something completely stupid, you shouldn't be banned. Surprisingly, Warlocks are tolerated in Stormwind, so long as you don't do stupid things. If you performed aforementioned stupid tasks, you'd likely be executed, not banned.

I agree, that's why I found it strange too. Beatrice attacked Pete inside an empty building because he insulted her twice, he fled and... A guard appeared out of nowhere, without him even calling. I understand the consequences of my character's actions and I do accept them, but I would like to at least know if it was really a GM who did it or just some kind of weird trick pulled out by someone else.
The only GM I see on right now is Alistus, who is Nostra, and also in Stormwind. It might be good to PM Nostra and talk it over. GMs are pretty reasonable people.
I was there also (Coriv).
I left before there was too much trouble, though.
Problem solved. Request that this topic is closed.
You get people who are like "if you fight in a city, then you will get punished" even though you should realistically be able to beat each other to death if you were in Cut-throat Alley or a place like that.

And yeah like, the Arenas are really boring now, because it's all like "You can't use fel magic or demons". But if you take a second to think, people who watch people fight to death, and pay for it, normally don't give a damn about "good" and "evil". The people who are running the business care even less, their public wants blood not justice. So when a contester wins a fight and then outta no-where some other dude jumps down and taunts the person. I'd expect the goblin who is running the arena to be like "What's this! A new contestant! Ladies and gentleman, it seems like you get an extra free show! Will the troll beat this, warlock, who thinks he is more powerful? Or will the evil forces provail!?" But in actual fact it's all like, "noo you can't do that!" even though both players in the pit can't wait to rip each others heads off.

Rant over.

Anyway
"Even a stopped clock, tells the right time twice a day."
Regardless, I suggest you resolve it IC. In game. Not on the forums to rally support.
[Image: signature2-1.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At what point can't Warlock use arcane? Kenert 12 3,051 06-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Vrahn
  Warlock RP hyenaskate 3 1,102 05-07-2013, 03:52 AM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Warlock Book, Fanon? hyenaskate 7 1,308 05-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Last Post: hyenaskate
  Saronsen's Warlock Guide [Work in progress] Saronsen 12 2,352 10-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Arrillion
  Sneaky Warlock. rodentjoe 7 1,353 12-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Beltharean