The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

House Targaryn
House Targaryn
[Image: Game+of+Thrones.Targaryen+blog+]

The Gist
House Targaryn is a noble Sin'Dorei house on the brink of turmoil, the house divided into various factions all vying for control of House Targaryn. Plots are born, alliances are made and broken, nothing is certain.

Anyone who is familiar with the A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Marten will be familiar with some of the themes employed in this guild, along with the way characters will interact with each other. This isn't to say you have to be familiar with the series to join, in fact, things will be much more intriguing if you aren't.

History
The history of House Targaryn prior to the third war is irrelevant to most of the RP that will be going on, however it can be made relevant by any creative soul who decides they wish to make something up. The same goes for lore, I won't specify on any involvement with current affairs, but if you wish to fit House Targaryn in with any of them and so long as it is lore friendly, feel free to suggest.

I will not go into detail about some of the motives for things that have happened in the past. Just the history. Keepin' it brief :)

It has been one year past since Aemon Targaryn held the seat of his house. Lord Aemon Targaryn fathered two legitimate sons; Rhaegar and Aethan. Aethan being the youngest, was sent to foster at the court of a distant relative, while Rhaegar remained in his father's house to learn the ways of his court; Rhaegar being the eldest and the successor of his Father.

Eventually, Aemon began to deteriorate and Aethan returned from his fosterage to be with his father in his final moments, Rhaegar however, had been away on campaign and had not wanted to abandon his effort. Aemon passed and all of the Targaryn lands mourned. It had not been but 4 days since his father passed that Rhaegar would receive word, his brother had succeeded to the throne. This infuriated Rhaegar and under cover of night he sent envoys across the land, searching for allies under the guise of his campaign, to retake the throne that rightfully belonged to him.

So it was then that Rhaegar marched on his father's house under the banner of victory, none foresaw (ooor, none chose to speak of) the coming attack. The battle that ensued was swift and merciless, Rhaegar's host smashed what little resistance stood before them. As the battle raged, Rhaegar and a few men entered into the castle itself, the men split up; Rhaegar went in search of Lady ___ while the rest of his men went in search of his brother. Rhaegar came upon lady ____ in little time. She had been holed up in her chambers, hidden behind a bed with her two small children. Rhaegar, seeing these two children as threats to his future reign, murdered them both. He then brought Lady ___ to the throne room, where his brother and what small resistence was left had been assembled. It was there that Rhaegar made Lady ____ watch as he burnt his brother (her wife) alive, cooked within his own armor.

Rhaegar took Lady ____ as his own. He is now known as Rhaegar the Usurper

The rest is to be played out. Lady ____ may wish to overthrow Rhaegar and may seek to rally other houses to her cause. She may try to kill Rhaegar. Perhaps a bastard child of Aemon seeks control of the throne. The possibilities are endless!

Rules

1. Have a motive
- Ideally a personal motive should dictate every action. Why is your character loyal to house Targaryn? A family history with the house, personal gain/profit, fear of Rhaegar, respect of Rhaegar, an old revenge against a rival house, something super super evil and unexpected?

2. Server Rules
- Yah

3. Anything is possible
- This guild is all about intrigue, don't feel like just because your in the guild you have to act in the guild's interest. Betray! Support! Sabotage! Whatever! Be creative, the story can go either way.

Ranks

Lord
Whoever holds the seat of House Targaryn.

Lady
Any woman related to the Targaryn's or wed to a bannerman.

Hand
The lord speaks, the hand does. This is the right ha-....this is the secondary in command to the lord. In charge of carrying out the lord's bidding and over seeing the house while the lord is away. This is an extremely important position, consider the ramifications of being the hand. The hand has the necessary resources to over throw the house, so this position would not be assigned lightly.

Baron
Barons are bannermen to the lord. I know by deffinition a Baron is similar to a lord, but to be lore friendly I refrain from using the word "king". Barons would have their own houses and may or may not be related to the Targaryn family. The lord is useless without his bannermen, when a lord goes to war he calls upon his bannermen who then call upon their men to march under the banner of the lord. Barons should have strong reasons for siding or not siding with house Targaryn.

Honor Guard
The most elite of the lord's men, tasked with protecting the nobility. This Honor Guard would be chosen out of the most loyal to House Targaryn, they may also have deep history with the family (potential) anyone within the Honor Guard is granted the title of Ser

Master-at-Arms
This would be the captain of the guard, tasked with the many duties involving defense of the castle...etc. Should be old, skilled in combat, knowledgeable in weaponry, all that good stuff,

Host
A member of the host of House Targaryn. A foot soldier in any profession essentially. ICly they should be less skilled than the Honor Guard. There is much potential here if you like humble characters, important part of any plot.

Apothecary
Similar to Maesters. In charge of concocting potions, medical assistance, research (???)

Magister
The scholars of House Targaryn, diplomacy, philosophy, strategy, advice. A CRUCIAL aspect to any plot.

Relative
Just relatives of the family, this is a very open rank. :/
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation… A stereotyped but unconscious despair is concealed even under what are called the games and amusements of mankind." - Henry David Thoreau

"There are no facts, only interpretations." - Friedrich Nietzche

"I want to die in music, not in reason or in prose. People don’t deserve the restraint we show by not going into delirium in front of them. To hell with them!" - Louis-Ferdinand Céline
I'd like to roll an Apothecary.
"Good roleplaying is not equivalent to saying that your character is not interested or molded for a certain situation.
Quite the contrary - good roleplaying is making up a reason for your character to do that thing, no matter the obstacles!"
Kirabo Wrote:I'd like to roll an Apothecary.
Spoiler:
[Image: 2wd92y0.gif]

Sure. Just contact Rhaegar in game and I'll add you :)
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation… A stereotyped but unconscious despair is concealed even under what are called the games and amusements of mankind." - Henry David Thoreau

"I want to die in music, not in reason or in prose. People don’t deserve the restraint we show by not going into delirium in front of them. To hell with them!" - Louis-Ferdinand Céline
There is.. By chance, a slight opening for Krestus. In his history, I have said that he served as a servant to another House.

.. Should he survive, he could possibly sign on as a Magister once his project comes to an end. Which it seems to be very soon.

If it doesn't work out, I could have Melissa simply fill the role instead.
... I finally have somewhere to place Dilix! He shall be magister. /cackle.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
Muhaha! Quit following me around on the forums!

And it seems we're masters of derailing.
I'm not following you, you're just going where I am, before I get there!

Muhaha and and McKnighter. MASTERS OF DERAILMENT.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
Are you taking newcomers? I want to try the lady :)
"We aren't the prettest things in the world. With AC/DC its not like we're out to steal your wife and your girlfriend and your daughter. We may borrow them but..."
Angus Young
Yes to all. Hit up Rhaegar!

Potentially yes Daners, I want to leave the position open for a little while. look for the post in personals soon :D

I'm not sure if you know, but to RP a noble of any sort it's required for you to be a grunt, and have a special profile posted.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
I had no idea. Well things will have to postponed then.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Ironbraid Clan [Dwarven Noble House] Jonoth 0 1,734 11-01-2014, 11:49 PM
Last Post: Jonoth
  House Silversaddle Osvaldas 4 1,536 07-17-2014, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Osvaldas
  House Greywold PhilGobatto 1 1,003 06-28-2014, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Sorum
  House Ashbridge Rosencrat 19 7,334 06-09-2014, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Rosencrat
  [Inactive] House Baerth Valandil 9 2,292 07-17-2013, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Maulbane