The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

So... Video guides?
Hello there CoTH.

I'm here to propse a new idea to y'all, as I've noticed, reading guides can be boring. No matter how good they are. As in, I'm a lazy person, I'd much rather look at videos than read guides. Those craaazy walls of text just start attacking you, sooner or later.

So... I was thinking, that as I am an actor, do speak english and have a camera, I -could- film some videos explaining the basic rules of the server, giving tips and maybe referring to some guides that I, or the community, find useful.

Would anyone find this a good idea? As in, useful for the community, new players, old players etc.

My English isn't the best though, but it is understandable.
Azheron's back in business. For reals.
Do eeet! Do it, Helmet. It'd be a friendly, and open armed welcome to the new blood on the server.

I think it's far easier to listen to someone than go through walls of text. Not that I can complain about the good old-fashioned way, but I could imagine some people just skip that part.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
I'd tell you to go for it. Something new and refreshing.. and yes, I myself am too lazy to read most guides.. Rather listen to them. :P

As for usefulness, only one way to find out. Make one, see how it's appreciated. ^.~
I think it'd be pretty nice, I know on some days you just don't want to read. I get that feeling a lot, I mean. Even sometimes I turn on microsoft Sam, and have him read things to me. Though not Sam himself, I forgot the name, someone with a better voice though.
Got my thumbs up for this one. If you need help, feel free to ask!
"Good roleplaying is not equivalent to saying that your character is not interested or molded for a certain situation.
Quite the contrary - good roleplaying is making up a reason for your character to do that thing, no matter the obstacles!"
flammos200 Wrote:Do eeet! Do it, Helmet. It'd be a friendly

flammos200 Wrote:It'd be a friendly

flammos200 Wrote:friendly

Helmet? Friendly? Trololo.

No, really. Long haired dude explaining rules? Awesome.
[Image: NXAwd.png?1]
Whilst the idea sounds awesome I kinda fear one thing...these videos may end up being very long depending on certain topics. I mean...I could rant for a year and a day about the Draenei, and they don't even have -that- much lore...Still, look eager for anything to come of this.
Spoiler:

'Whats your LuckyDo?'

Desperate for some rp? Try the resident of OOC for a change!

http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread-I-can-has-rp

I approve of this proposition quite enthusiastically, my good man!

Carry on!
i am geko
i live heer
and my favorite food is crikkits
... It'd be neat.

/sagenod
OHGODNOWI'MNERVOUS
Avitz Wrote:Whilst the idea sounds awesome I kinda fear one thing...these videos may end up being very long depending on certain topics. I mean...I could rant for a year and a day about the Draenei, and they don't even have -that- much lore...Still, look eager for anything to come of this.

Oh don't worry, my knowledge of lore is so pitiful that I couldn't rant for a minute about it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maybe another guide for them guides. Thoradin 2 678 07-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Dae
  Character Audio/Video/Multimedia Thread puncturedwords 19 4,087 05-23-2012, 05:47 AM
Last Post: Hawk
  A series of Mini-guides Fortwit 9 1,624 03-30-2012, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Fortwit
  Guides that you, a new player should know about. Azheron 1 724 07-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Anski
  Class Guides Jetniss 47 8,410 04-13-2010, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Harmonic