The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Separation (requesting opinions)
Before I start….
I plan on RPing a two part RP with my character, Arn. There are a few parts that seem a tad far-fetched, so I appreciate any advice you guys give to me, but please, don't just –guess- when you are making your comments. I don't want this to be a forum cluttered with posts of people's –assumptions- as to what's right and wrong, so if you have a complaint please link another forum or a wiki page that backs up your statement.

If you don't know Arn already….
Arn Fiction is a 67 year old forsaken (74 if you include undeath years), and he is trying to separate is old self from his new self. Before Arn's (un)death Arn was cocky, uncaring, and murderous, but his personality in his undeath is quite the opposite, wise, caring, and pacifistic. His past haunts Arn to this day, and not just on a mental level; Arn's old personality still lives in him as an alternate personality who calls himself Salavich (Arn's last name before he had it changed). Salavich isn't just another personality, he's a completely different mind and soul from Fiction. Fiction believes that this may have been because of the echo of life, but that's still only theory.

The separation
Step 1: Arn has to separate his minds (and/or spirits) from his body. The safest (and most logical) way on how to approach this would most likely be through the help of multiple shamans to bring his spirits to the spirit world
Step 2: Fiction has to get rid of Salavich. Salavich has to be either killed or banished (I'd prefer banishment for the sake of the last part to this), I would think this could be done a billion different ways, one vs one battle between Ficition and Salavich, put Salavich in a soul shard, holy light, etc.
Step 3: Fiction gets back in his body.

The resurrection
At this point Salavich is no longer a part of Arn's mind, but I plan on doing an RP where Salavich comes back –physically-.
Step 1: Taking a limb from the original Arn. Whether it be an arm, leg, finger, or even a few hairs, the body part is needed to resurrect Salavich.
Step 2: Get Salavich's soul from where ever the hell it is. I think the easiest way to do this would be to take the soul shard idea; this makes getting the soul back a lot easier.
Step 3: Getting the actual body back. Use whatever body part that was taken and reconstruct the body (most likely from the help of death knights).
Step 4: Put the soul back in the newly constructed body, and chaos is once again restored.
With a hip, hip and a clippity clop
He's out looking for a head to swap
So don't try to figure out a plan
You can't reason with a headless man
~Disney

While a character can have multiple personalities, I don't think they can have multiple spirits that can be individually brought back to life. Sounds iffy.
Quote:Before Arn's (un)death Arn was cocky, uncaring, and murderous, but his personality in his undeath is quite the opposite, wise, caring, and pacifistic.

It sounds like this should... Switch places... Most Forsaken want to see the world under undead control, and care little for the living. But /shrug

Quote:Step 2: Fiction has to get rid of Salavich. Salavich has to be either killed or banished (I'd prefer banishment for the sake of the last part to this), I would think this could be done a billion different ways, one vs one battle between Ficition and Salavich, put Salavich in a soul shard, holy light, etc.
Step 2: Fiction has to get rid of Salavich. Salavich has to be either killed or banished (I'd prefer banishment for the sake of the last part to this), I would think this could be done a billion different ways, one vs one battle between Ficition and Salavich, put Salavich in a soul shard, holy light, etc.
Step 3: Fiction gets back in his body.

... I'm confused. I'm pretty sure split personality =/= A spirit inside other body that shares it with the original spirit.. Franky, I don't know if this is possible at all.

Quote:The resurrection

Again.. I do not believe half a personality can become independent and have its own mortal form.

So.. I'm going to have to discourage the entire idea. I apologies, but it's too... Impossible.
While a Shaman would most certainly be able to help calm the turmoil in one's mind and spirit, split personalities are entirely the fault of one's fragile state of being. They are not multiple spirits.

However, a Shaman could potentially make someone face their inner demons in a dream, if that's what you wish.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
McKnighter Wrote:It sounds like this should... Switch places... Most Forsaken want to see the world under undead control, and care little for the living. But /shrug

I don't play RP to play what's been done before.... If I'm going to play a character who's exactly like everyone else I might as well go and play PvP.... (Sorry if I'm getting defensive about this, I get a lot of flack bout that, and it bugs me at times...)

But changing the subject back to the forum at hand.... Yeah, I see what you all mean, I had a feeling that part was going to get hammered. Personally I don't see much difference between mental and spiritual. Spiritual just seems like a disembodied flood of emotions and personalities (hence mental), but... I don't think I could hold that argument in a court of law... (especially when Phoenix Right is the lawyer... DAMN YOUR AVATAR XIGO xP). The only thing that I think could truly cram two spirits in someone would be the echo of life but... that's still warping lore to some big extremes....

Still. You guys got any ideas on how I could do this? Not the resurrection part, I scraped that idea, cause I know that won't work no matter what approach I take. I would think it would be a pretty cool RP to do to have Arn get rid of his alternate personality, but therapy isn't what I really had in mind....

Edit: Grr... my quote box didn't work the first time....
~Disney

Internal battle between the two personalities.

*Nod*.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Eh. There is in fact a difference between spirit and mind. This character doesn't have two souls, he has two personalities. One could use a Shaman, as Xigo said, to quell one or the other personalities, even confront it in a dream or whatnot, but the two personalities =/= two spirits.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
What if the other personality was a demonic presence? I'm not sure if demons can do that in this game, I don't really play warlock enough to really know, but if not then I'm probably going to put this forum to rest and just go with Xigo's idea.
~Disney

Demons can possess, but that would probably be a special profile, as demon possession... can do very bad things. i.e. Sargeras and Medivh.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Xigo Wrote:Internal battle between the two personalities.

*Nod*.

Movie Spoiler
Quote:Ala Fight Club >:)
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Opinions needed: Death Knight Caster. Adam255 12 2,128 10-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Dae
  Prestige Titles: My Opinions Stormgald 10 2,081 08-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Rigley
  Cataclysm: My Opinions Stormgald 34 6,758 08-11-2011, 02:28 AM
Last Post: Hawk
  Opinions - IC Language/Colloquialisms JosieNoelle 10 1,646 01-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Last Post: McKnighter
  Honest Opinions. Esthrunil 30 4,903 01-23-2011, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Esthrunil