The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Saints of Shadow
The Saints of Shadow

"We are a dying race. We are oppressed, cut down, beaten, and mutilated daily. They call us abominations, heretics, traitors to the Holy Light. Garbage. We are Forsaken, do not doubt that. But they are the true heretics. They are the true abominations. We will show them our power; their puny Light will not save them now. We will show them the glory of the Forgotten Shadow!"

- Gorose Falaran

[Image: ForsakenCrest.jpg]

The Formation...

Seven years ago. Sylvanas had just broken free from the Lich King's grasp, and taken her subordinates with her. Amonst them was an angry, resentful Undead, who renamed himself Gorose Falaran. The Undead who broke free named themselves the Forsaken, and set to expanding the underground crypt of Capital City, called the Undercity. This specific Forsaken joined a group of like-minded, resentful Forsaken, who used their distorted views of the Light's principles to found their own religion, named the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow. It wasn't long before this new faction, in the remnants of the once-great kingdom of Lordaeron, came under attack. First, it was the Scarlet Crusade.

A rag-tag bunch of renegade Paladins, performing border-ambushes, and instigating skirmishes, with the Forsaken. Or, at least, that's what the Undead thought. Their raids became more organized, and Gorose was forced to the front-lines, into the midst of a bloody, unmoving, war. He battled the Scarlet Paladins, and cut them down as he went. He melded with the shadows, and terrorized the enemy ranks. The Scarlets called Gorose the "Monster of the Shadows." The Shadow Priest didn't like the word "Monster" in his title, however, and replaced it with what he considered a more-fitting word: "Saint."

Slowly but surely, Gorose left the front-lines of war behind, and began to reestablish himself with the Cult of Forgotten Shadow. He earned himself the rank of Dark Priest, and, along with it, a small group of devoted followers to his preachings. Throughout the years, he has generally been content with what he was given, until now. Within the past year, he moved himself and his followers to Northrend, and began to call them by his own monacre: "The Saints of Shadow." He declared himself a Saint amongst Saints, and demanded respect from his followers, as well as the residents of Vengeance Landing. It is there that, to this day, the Saints of Shadow remain, biding their time, building their power, nearing the day when they will be ready to surface and establish themselves as a true force for unification among the Forsaken.

The Goals

Short-Term Goals:
-The Saints's inital, easily-reachable goal is to gain respect and notoreity among the Forsaken of Vengeance Landing. They will do so either by subterfuge, force, or political manipulation.
-The Saints also set out to bolster their forces, to create a force against all who would assault the Forsaken outpost. They will use this force to both repel, and initiate, attacks upon Scourge and Breather settlements.

Long-Term Goals:
-The Saints will become more than just another split within the Cult of Forgotten Shadow. They will use their accomplishments from their baby steps (repelling Breather raids, performing counter-raids, attacking groups of Scorge, etc.) to assert themselves within both the Forsaken, and the Cult.

Endgame (unachievable, but still IC goals) Goals:
-The Saints's end goal is the unification of the Cult of Forgotten Shadow, into a solid, cohesive force. They will use this force to claim as much Breather-settled lands for the Forsaken. As is stated in the title, these are OOCly unachievable, but not ICly desired.

The Ranks

Saint- The leader of the guild. He calls the shots, issues orders, gives sermons, etc. Currently is Gorose Falaran. In the event of the Saint's demise, he will be replaced by the Shadow Priest who can prove him or herself to be the most powerful. Such an occasion shall be OOCly closely presided over by myself.

Ascendant- A rank reserved specifically for those who have ascended. Ascendants have the most political power in the guild. Period. They act as Gorose's most trusted counselors, spies, and personal bodyguard.

Counselor- A rank reserved for non-Ascended, but still trusted, men and women. They act as an advisory board to Gorose, and, well... Advise him on his course of action. Will be hand-picked at a later date.

Beneath Gorose and his counsel is where the ranks get screwy, but please do try and understand; beneath them, there are four main ranks.

Elite Combatant- These men and women are the elite troops, the shock troops, if you will, of the guild. They are the most highly-trained, and have been with Gorose the longest. Whilst they do not hold any true power, they do preside over meetings between Gorose and his Counsel, putting a barrier between any outsiders and the Counsel.

Within the above rank, there are two separate, distinct subranks: Deathguards, and Dark Apothecaries. These apply to melee, and casting, classes, respectively. Within each subrank, a member may specialize however they please, be they stay a base class, or, if we ever get a Prestige System, take a prestige.

Combatant- The bulk of the group, from a militant perspective. One either chooses this path, OOCly, upon joining, or chooses to go the Forsaken path, to be explained next.

Within this class are again two subranks: Death Hound, and Dark Inscriber. One may, as before, specialize however they please.

At the same rank, ICly, as the Combatants, you have the Forsaken- a Commoner rank, in essence. They may specialize as any basic Commoner class: architect, mason, any type of craftsperson, etc.

The last, and lowliest, rank is the Initiate. They are those who have yet to complete two things: prove themselves to the guild, and choose a path. Once they -do- choose a path, and gain the guild's respect, they will be placed under the wing of someone of their respective desired specialization, and shall be trained to perform that job.

The Recruitment

Recruitment is fairly easy. Want to join? Just seek out, OOCly, any member, or post below. Your name will be given to myself, and we'll plan a meeting. ICly, come to Vengeance Landing, and we shall commence with the RP. If you are deemed fit, both OOC and ICly, you will recieve a guild invite, and can RP freely with us.

The Rules

The guild's IC rules are synonymous with Gorose's preachings of the Virtues of the Forgotten Shadow. One may also refer to this section for knowledge of the guild's slant on the Virtues.

IC:
1. Respect all authoritative figures amongst the group. Have a complaint about an order? Do it anyway, then take it up with a higher-up. Gorose preaches Respect above all; it should be understood to be his number one rule.

2. Build your personal Power, but do it in such a way that does not threaten those with more power than yourself. Respect another's Power, but do not forget to increase your own Power.

3. The Saints of Shadow survive by their Tenacity alone. We do things as a group; do not do anything alone. If something must be done, it shall be done by the sheer willpower of the Saints: Tenacity. Group strength is necessary to survive in the harsh world of Northrend.

OOC:
All server rules apply. Most stringent is respect; respect your fellow player, and their ideas. I shouldn't have to remind anyone here what the rules say, really.

Questions, comments, criticizm, etc.?

Post below, send me a PM, contact Gorose in-game, etc!
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
Reserved for assorted things.
Spoiler:
IT SUCKS. BURN IT WITH FIRE.

Spoiler:
[Image: trollface.jpg]

The above explains all. Otherwise, wiiicked idea. Shame I cannot access WoW currently.
[Image: djuraz.jpg]
<3
Spoiler:
I'll join.
Thanks go to Pletious for helping with an initial RP. If anyone else wishes to join, just leave me a PM; power is out right now, and I am posting from my phone. Not a clue when, however, the power will come back on, so hold tight!
Spoiler:
muhaha8 Wrote:Ascendant- A rank reserved specifically for those who have ascended. Ascendants have the most political power in the guild. Period. They act as Gorose's most trusted counselors, spies, and personal bodyguard.

Ah. So I see you left me a spot.
[Image: c9eda896-b205-41b9-9f52-22b1e122210f.jpg]
Duraza Wrote:
muhaha8 Wrote:Ascendant- A rank reserved specifically for those who have ascended. Ascendants have the most political power in the guild. Period. They act as Gorose's most trusted counselors, spies, and personal bodyguard.

Ah. So I see you left me a spot.

But of course. Who else would I reserve a spot for, but Sozun? Maybe Astus and other assorted Necros, but... That's really about it. :P
Spoiler:
My Apothecary would love to help out. Being of the Witch Doctor's Forsaken Apothecary variant, he uses the shadow and such in his potions instead of voodoo spirits. This fits rather perfectly for him.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
<3 Belth. As soon as my power comes back, I'll log in, and one big RP can occur.
Spoiler:
Dearest friends, fret not. Evil plots are being planned, schemes are being hatched, events are being designed. Expect something before the end of the month, at the very latest. Between then and now, feel free to have some idle RP (i.e- chill and RP as a small group). All are welcomed to the coming events, but guildies are asked to come. One may join by participating, or by finding Gorose before the events.
Spoiler:
Through the dark corridors of the undercity, he heard the whisperings of the Saint Gorose Falaran and his mission statements. Runemon Feros, warrior in the service of the realm now dead, lifeless, and without cause save the call of Sylvannas and the preachings of the Cult of Forgotten Shadow, decides then that perhaps this so-called saint could help him achieve that which he wants most. And if Gorose could do that...

*Runemon purposefully straps a greatsword to his rotting back and sets out to look for the priests of this Gorose Falaran, the Saint of the Shadows, the unholy light in his milky cataractic eyes showing determination*

((ooc))

Hello there, I am newly arrived to the server and wish to set up an RP session to join your ranks, I am intrigued by the story behind the guild and even moreso how it would fit into the scheme of my character who would seek vengeance for his betrayal and susequent death. My character is not soley evil but he has very little regard for the living showing only respect to those like himself or those above him in station. He is haunted by still images of his pastlife which he knows he cannot return to and longs to bring his last surviving family member into shadow and to slay the lich king for his betrayal
Wish to join, runemon? I'm quite glad. May or may not have much time to RP out an intro until the weekend, but if I have the time, I'll most definitely seek you out! As is stated in my previous post, I am occupied with several event ideas, and sorting out the logistics of said events. However, welcome to CotH!
Spoiler:
thanks glad to be here lol i been spending the last 2 hours working on my profile but when i get toward the bottom the scroll bar starts to jump around so it makes it hard to finish what i wanted to do..

I think ive gotten runemon fleshed out pretty well.. if only the bar would stop jumpin around *cry*
I know that feeling. >_< Happens to me on occasion. Try typing it in notepad, or Word.
Spoiler:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shadow Envoy (Abandoned) Osvaldas 1 1,230 06-23-2013, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Osvaldas
  Disciples of Shadow SachikoMaeda 1 718 02-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Last Post: Deoblo138
  The Church of Shadow Kirabo 7 1,500 06-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Kirabo