The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Potential forum migration to mybb
I'm considering migrating the forums over to mybb (http://www.mybb.com), and I'm curious if anyone has used it before? All the functions and built-in features look simply awesome, in addition to the various plugins (and ease of installing them as well).

Presuming nothing dissuades me, I'm possibly going to do such a migration next week on one of my days off. I'd probably bring down the forums for a few hours to facilitate it, especially considering setting permissions is... a lot more tedious than with phpbb.

Anyone have any experience with mybb that may have an opinion to share?

(Posted from teh phonez)
SMF > All. It's probably the best forum system out there. Plus there's a ton of neat stuff you can do with it.
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
Ohhhh? I'll have to take a look.

(Posted from teh phonez)
I run another forum that runs on SMF's features and there's really nothing I haven't been able to do with it. We have yearly awards that show prize icons underneath people's leftside tags, i've had the whole screen start swirling picking up images and text, rainbow streaking names, custom image titles and a loooot more. I find phpBB harder and harder to work with as time goes on while SMF is like the Google of forum stations.
I agree with you there. I run a forum that uses SMF and it's pretty much the easiest forum to understand and manage.
(And it -should- be, given the name. Hehe.)
Not to mention I'm rather fond of the layout.

Not only it's simple to understand, it also has -tons- of addons. Like, really. Tons. You can turn your forums into an online playground if you're willing to dedicate a bit of time to it.
Uthaniel Wrote:Not only it's simple to understand, it also has -tons- of addons. Like, really. Tons. You can turn your forums into an online playground if you're willing to dedicate a bit of time to it.

New feature: Users must now play a game of Snake to post on the forum.

Posts with the highest scores will remain at the top of the active topics list until usurped by a higher score.
Rigley Wrote:
Uthaniel Wrote:Not only it's simple to understand, it also has -tons- of addons. Like, really. Tons. You can turn your forums into an online playground if you're willing to dedicate a bit of time to it.

New feature: Users must now play a game of Snake to post on the forum.

Posts with the highest scores will remain at the top of the active topics list until usurped by a higher score.

I will pwn you all.

MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Just to note, after doing tests of both mybb and smf and comparing the admin stuffs, I'm likely still going to go with mybb. I just like the features and layout of the configuration.
As I said before, I'll probably start the migration in the middle of next week.
Probably going to try out the migration today (Thursday) sometime in the afternoon.
There is one big thing I need help with, however, and that is a Horde/WoW theme! If there are any code monkies out there, I need help with creating a theme/template for MyBB. I could provide a testing ground and FTP access as well.

Until a proper theme is found, we'll probably have to settle with either the default theme or another light theme (there are so many of them! I want darker ones. :( ).
*raises hand* I can give it a shot.
Now is your chance to shake up the looks, Kret. Make something refreshing!
I can only wonder at what the new forum will look like.

That is, at least until I lay eyes on it. Such stops being a matter of imagination then.
I've always been fond of the CotH layout as it is.

The color scheme appealed and the content arrangement even more.

EDIT: As an afterthought, I've a dumb question born of my ignorance regarding all these component gizm- nuances relevant to forum science.

Will the new site still utilize BBC and such?
Feel free to register at the Theme Test Forum, and I'll provide some appropriate permissions and PM you some FTP account details!
I registered.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Potential CotH custom lore world Dae 2 4,928 02-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Maulbane
  Problems? and potential solutions Yau 12 1,755 04-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Yau
  Forum RP? Bovel 10 18,764 12-14-2011, 09:09 AM
Last Post: DaveM
  Potential new Prestiges? Miah 27 4,220 07-28-2010, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Jason
  Potential Depression.. saluku 6 1,161 11-20-2008, 12:25 PM