The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Problems? and potential solutions
I know my suggestions/comments haven't been well received by the community, but please bare with me! I'm oooonly trying to be helpful.

Not that it has particularly bothered me, but evidently there are two issues of sorts...

1i)there are characters going around that are used long-term that have no profiles
1ii)profiles aren't terribly important

2)there is no point to IC currency

Now, I don't know if people consider these to be problems or if people want to "fix" them... but I know it bothers -some- people, especially the latter. So, I have some suggestions.

ai)change the .addrp to only being able to add items like drinks, food, cups, books, etc, and make NPCs in the cavern that sell all forms of clothing, weapons, and accessories
aii)make it so that these NPCs won't talk to you unless you have an accepted profile
aiii)give merchant PCs more cash for buying items, which they could sell for ICC to try to increase ICC flow
------------this would increase the "power" of the profile, and would also make "merchants" more... useful/fun?

b)delete all characters that haven't been online after a month or two
------------this particular idea has issues. Like, a lot. I think so, anyways, but maybe others will like it.

ci)get rid of the bronze token
cii)peons get to lvl 50, grunts to 80!
------------giving the profiles much more weight

d)give the .addrp ability only to characters with accepted profiles
------------restoring the profiles to awesome! +D this could work through a system similar to what is used on retail. The GMs on retail don't actually have any power, but do get some benefits. Then there is a class above them the admins, who DO have power to change things, and finally there are the peps who can turn the server off if they wanted to. Using a system like that... characters without an accepted profile could be on the bottom tier, characters WITH an accepted profile would get some benefits, then would be our gms and then kretol. That smug, shiny [oops!] o' awesome.

e)get rid of the IC currency
------------this would solve the IC currency problem

f)allow characters with accepted profiles to buy stated versions of the items through ICC from a GM/vendor
------------not everyone would -go- for the stated version, but some would and it would give the ICC a reason for... being around aside from some auctions that I don't get invited to because I don't have a membership card to the awesome ICC auction house.

These are my ideas! I ask that you keep your yelling at me civil, though you are allowed to be as rude as you like! =D

EDIT: I didn't know about Rigley's Blog post. I was typing this randomly while at work, I just got back and finished it now!
Need an objective and constructive criticism of art, literature, music, or RP concepts? Send me a PM. Highest consideration will be given.

Current Mood: Pleasant :)
Never fight to change the world. You are trying to fix something that ins't broken, really.. to be perfectly honest I barely see the point of this thread if you are going to throw some half assed ideas in a thread and say "Hey, I got these suggestions". Sorry if it would sound a little rude but your ''changes'' would have -huge- impact on CoTH's systems while you barely even give details on the ''changes''. Keep in mind that you're still new to the server and coming out with ideas without knowing that much about the server might not be a good idea but that's just what I think and it should be treated as nothing more than an opinion. By the way, you forget Grakor in your list of ranks and what not. He is still an Admin as far as I know.

Sorry that I had to be blunt, I don't like it either but here, have a hug. *hug*
[Image: pj3isZU.gif]

[Image: 43883.png]
I prefer bluntness Sorum, so thank you. The hug is appreciated too. =D

I'm aware that the changes I am suggesting would be large ones. I will admit that some of my ideas are "half-assed," but others I believe have merit. Personally, I like the d) idea the more I think about it. I don't know however if Kretol would be willing to implement such a system or if the GMs and/or the other people would like it.
Need an objective and constructive criticism of art, literature, music, or RP concepts? Send me a PM. Highest consideration will be given.

I'm against all of those ideas.

Regarding A: There is nothing wrong with .addrp and .lo rp. Both of these commands were implemented after weeks of work in the past to make it possible for us to wear every kind of clothing we wish without running around in Tier armor sets or the same all day long.

Removing the commands and setting up NPCs would:

1) Take a lot of time for the administrators (they would need to add every single item to the NPC who sells it).
2) Heavily limit the choice of clothing and make accessing it more complicated (searching through pages of items while looking for a certain item anyone?)
3) Not even be necessary, because the current system in place is working perfectly fine and I see no one complaining about it.

Regarding B:
Spoiler:
[Image: untitle.JPG]

We already have a high rate of database and server lore wipes. DO NOT WANT!

Regarding C: You're already prohibited from going above level 50 as peon. Level 80 is for grunts and approved characters only. I don't see your point.

Regarding D: I don't see why you want to take an important and fun function away and only give it to grunts. How should people get hooked up with this server when they get restricted from everything and don't even know what they get to experience later as grunts? There are already enough restrictions for peons, I don't think more restrictions are necessary.

Regarding E: Why? Some people use them, some don't. I don't see the issue.

Regarding F: There is already a majority of sets with attributes (from Dungeon 1 up to Tier 10) available. Again, I don't see what's new about your suggestion. Already implemented...
Regarding c) I mean that accepted peon characters would automatically become level 50... but that there wouldn't be a token that would allow non accepted characters to automatically level like that.

Regarding d) I wasn't aware that only grunts got accepted profiles.

Personally, I just think all of the things you're asking for are things that would require too much coding that Kretol and Co. really don't have the time to do. Even if they did have the time for it, how would one go about putting such mechanics into the game? It almost sounds like an impossibility unless Kretol were to somehow completely recreate his own WoW console from scratch, which... Isn't... Happening any time soon...

So yah... That's my PoV... >.> <.<
Welllllllllllllllll.........
No, not really. They already edit the .addrp system (they add extra things for it... unless those are just updates! =o), and that's really the most hardcore thing I suggested.

Focusing however on option c), it does not require any coding, only to remove the bronze token item. The rest would be handled as the current "level approved grunt characters" system works.

Still. I realize you're referencing to the adding and removing of the items to the .addrp command, but... How would you code the command to only work for specific people because they are approved or not? That's the main point of my first part.

As for option c, I think it'd just be way less work on our already stressed out GMs and Admins if we kept the Bronze Tokens, as it keeps order in the system.
Ah, well the first issue I thought I addressed in the first post. Here is another way of explaining it.....

On this forum, you have the peons, the grunts, the GMs, and the admins.
The characters in the game would be in a similar system. Those without an approved profile would be the "peons;" those without any rights to the .addrp system. The same characters would then be made into "grunts," having access to that system, after they had their profiles approved. The GMs and the Admins would remain as they are in-game.
The only question that might stop this from working technically is "can that be done for different characters, or are such things limited to specific accounts?" I don't know. =(

Your second point isn't something I can really debate. I don't know how stressed out the GMs and Admins are, or if they would protest that.

Still, as far as I see it, all this would do is make a system that wouldn't really have a need, and put restrictions on a class of introduced players that are already restricted enough as is. I mean to say this in the most polite way possible.
If by your last sentence you mean to tell me to stop being stupid, /shrug. I understand your points and would love to discuss them with you, but I don't believe you would see it as anything more than my being hard-headed and or stupid/silly. Which is understandable. The system would encourage the creation of profiles, that is all it is geared towards doing. It could of course be screwed with, which is why I believe that out of the suggestions I've given, c) is best, however as you have said that might put too much on the staff.

I did not mean to call you stupid in any way... Bleh. I can't write logically while RPing in the other windows...

My suggestion is just to keep the system the way it is... It's good enough already... I don't see why this system was made to 'enhance' the approved side of things... Perhaps people just prefer their non-approved people more? I dunno.
I don't know either, but there it was mentioned a lot earlier in the day as a problem, so I thought up some ideas and put them here for you guys to either dismantle or say "mmm..." to.

I apologize for taking your sentence the wrong way.
/bow

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Potential CotH custom lore world Dae 2 4,928 02-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Maulbane
  Potential forum migration to mybb Kretol 13 2,560 05-26-2011, 09:30 AM
Last Post: Reigen
  Potential new Prestiges? Miah 27 4,220 07-28-2010, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Jason
  New / Problems! tstone92 3 960 02-06-2010, 11:04 AM
Last Post: tstone92
  Profile Problems LadyPhoenix 4 1,044 06-07-2009, 02:11 PM